The Basis of Rights

Interplanner

Our US Declaration of Independence and Constitution do not base our rights on the government. The government should guarantee them but these documents say they are from God our Creator. Leftist activism seeks to shift the basis to government so that 'consensus' can give and take away. In order to do that, government would need to be larger. Right now they would like to take away free speech, which is actually to control thought, to police it. But, properly understood, the Constitution was written to keep government from getting any larger than a bare minimum.

This is why Christophobia is not one of the "sins" at the top of Leftist media and education, but several other phobias are.

Truster

Our US Declaration of Independence and Constitution do not base our rights on the government. The government should guarantee them but these documents say they are from God our Creator. Leftist activism seeks to shift the basis to government so that 'consensus' can give and take away. In order to do that, government would need to be larger. Right now they would like to take away free speech, which is actually to control thought, to police it. But, properly understood, the Constitution was written to keep government from getting any larger than a bare minimum.

This is why Christophobia is not one of the "sins" at the top of Leftist media and education, but several other phobias are.

The Eternal Almighty and His will has nothing to do with the constitution.

It begins: "We the people..."

It is in and of itself a letter of open rebellion against all that is holy.

Interplanner

The basis of rights is cultural. In the US the culture has determined that rights flow from "the consent of the governed" starting with the Constitution.

the "inalienable rights" are "endowed by our Creator." That's why British racist evolutionists and uniformitarians produced all their junk science, to undercut it, and give government control by any means possible. They hired European professors to rewrite all colonial university law studies in evolutionary vocabulary. After 1880 it was standard for law education to say 'such and such law evolved into...'.

"Inalienable" depends on a transcendant Creator for any force. The whole idea is that they are 'born-with' not conferred by centralized government. Thus the Left's hatred for what it says. Because the Left is dictatorial and totalitarian, like Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

Sources:
Prager U, Hillsdale College Law Dept and online, Rush Limbaugh Sep 28 2017 on the Constitution.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Please tell me, exactly where has God told us what our rights are ? If it's in the Bible, where in it ? Where has God specifically spelled out what human rights are ? Can you specify ?
And how do you know God has written them and not merely humans ? American conservatives keep telling us "our rights come from God", but I have yet to hear any of them specify any list of human rights anywhere . I'm really curious to know .
And which rights apply to which people ? So "All men are created equal ". But apparently according to a large number of Christians in America, gay people do not have equal rights . Something just does not add up here . Do women have equal rights ? Non-Christians ? Muslims? indus? Buddhists etc ?
What specifically may we do or not do ? And who exactly is to enforce these rights ? The government ? The police? The courts ? Religious leaders ? Where does God specifically state that all women who are pregnant must remain pregnant until they give birth or else ? I don't see any such statement in the Bible . Where is the Bible does it say that same sex couples may not get married ?
I know the Old Testament says some pretty nasty things about gay people , but where does it say the government may pry into people's bedrooms and have the police arrest people for not having sex the way the Bible approves of ? Of course, there was no such thing as the police in Biblical days .
Since the Bible says it's an "abomination " to eat pork and shellfish , does this mean that no American has the right to eat these things ? And so forth .
The Bible says those who work on the Sabbath must be put to death . But which day of the week should be considered the Sabbath in America ? Does this mean no one has the right to work on the Sabbath ? And if there is no such right , who is to keep track of those miscreants who are working on this holy day, arrest them and execute them ? And if the police are going to arrest people for working on the Sabbath , this means the police are working on the Sabbath ! Yikes !
Maybe we should send robots to arrest these awful people and monitor them on surveillance cameras so we won't have to execute the cops for working on the Sabbath .
I know I'm getting a little bit silly here, but i hope you get my point . But they didn't have computers, surveillance cameras and robots thousands of years ago . And do we arrest the scientists who are working on developing this technology if they work on the Sabbath ?