The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

What about Christ's Resurrection ? 6

The New Birth is but the result and evidence that Jesus Christ died for one's sins, and that by His death alone, for all them He did die for, He abolished death. So it is absolutely impossible for Christ to have died for someone and they are not in this life Born Again, if so, then that says there is a imperfection in the Death of Christ.

Now for all of you who say that Christ died for everyone's sins without exception, and yet all without exception are not in this life born again, that's a insult to the merits and effects of Christ's death, and God's Wisdom and Purpose for His Death, in essence, you are stating that Christ's death for that person He died for, failed to abolish death on their behalf, which is adverse and opposing to the truth !

Last edited:

beloved57

What about Christ's Resurrection ? 7

Before and in order for God to make us alive Spiritually in time, during our physical lives, we had to first be made alive representatively with Christ, when God made Him alive from the dead. Rom 6:4

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Its called being risen with Christ Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

The same word is used here as in Eph 2:6, the word synegeirō:

to raise together, to cause to raise together

to raise up together from mortal death to a new and blessed life dedicated to God

So hence, our Spiritual Resurrection from Spiritual death is a attestation that He rose from out of death as our Surety Representative, having died for us.

Last edited:

gonyon

The New Birth is but the result and evidence that Jesus Christ died for one's sins, and that by His death alone, for all them He did die for, He abolished death. So it is absolutely impossible for Christ to have died for someone and they are not in this life Born Again, if so, then that says there is a imperfection in the Death of Christ.

Now for all of you who say that Christ died for everyone's sins without exception, and yet all without exception are not in this life born again, that's a insult to the merits and effects of Christ's death, and God's Wisdom and Purpose for His Death, in essence, you are stating that Christ's death for that person He died for, failed to abolish death on their behalf, which is Blasphemy !

Ask Jesus (don't tell Jesus) who he died for. Lemme know what the reply is

WoundedEgo

B57, Jesus didn't die to take away anyone's sins. According to the scriptures, God freely forgives sins on the basis of faith, not human blood sacrifice.

Ben Masada

B57, Jesus didn't die to take away anyone's sins. According to the scriptures, God freely forgives sins on the basis of faith, not human blood sacrifice.

How about a quote to evidence your assertion that God forgives sins on the basis of faith? What I am aware of is that sins are forgiven by means of repentance and obedience to God's Law. (Isa.1:18,29) And to set things right with God we must first set things right with whom we have offended. (Mat.5:23,24) Otherwise, it will be a wasting of time to appear before the Lord.

Ben Masada

Hi WE, I agree with your assertion that God does not forgive sins on the basis of human blood sacrifice. And here I supply you with the quote in Jeremiah 31:30. However, according to Jesus himself in Matthew 5:23,24 sins are forgiven only by whom we have committed them against. Once we achieve forgiveness from whom we have offended then according to Isaiah 1:18,19 we are ready to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, but through repentance and obedience to God's Law and not by faith.

beloved57

Hi WE, I agree with your assertion that God does not forgive sins on the basis of human blood sacrifice. And here I supply you with the quote in Jeremiah 31:30. However, according to Jesus himself in Matthew 5:23,24 sins are forgiven only by whom we have committed them against. Once we achieve forgiveness from whom we have offended then according to Isaiah 1:18,19 we are ready to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, but through repentance and obedience to God's Law and not by faith.

Why do you quote scripture to make points ? You do not believe the bible !

glew

BANNED
Banned
Never-the-less B57, human blood sacrifice will not save anyone. That is why Our Heavenly Father sent His only begotten Son into the world. To ransom His elect.

Ben Masada

Why do you quote scripture to make points ? You do not believe the bible !

Hi Parrot, I think I have told you more than several times that I believe in the whole of our Scriptures the Tanach but only 20% of the NT worthy leaning something from as the rest (80%) is all about anti-Jewish interpolations to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Did it reach the bottom of your subconscious now?

beloved57

Hi Parrot, I think I have told you more than several times that I believe in the whole of our Scriptures the Tanach but only 20% of the NT worthy leaning something from as the rest (80%) is all about anti-Jewish interpolations to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Did it reach the bottom of your subconscious now?

You don't believe the bible, that percentage stuff don't work. The scripture is a unified whole, both Testaments make the Bible, you disbelieve 1% of it, you believe none of it. So why do you quote it ?

WoundedEgo

You don't believe the bible, that percentage stuff don't work. The scripture is a unified whole, both Testaments make the Bible, you disbelieve 1% of it, you believe none of it. So why do you quote it ?

When you speak of "the Bible", to which one do you refer? The historic one invented by the Catholics that is a Latin text? Or one more recently invented?

WoundedEgo

B57, were you ever a sinner? I mean, if Jesus "paid for" your sins 2000 years ago, were you born without sin? When and how were your sins forgiven?

12jtartar

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

beloved57,
A few of the thing you have said do not line up with what is said in the Holy Scriptures.
No one is foreordained, whether of the elect or anyone else. It id the number of the elect that is foreordained, not the individual. Consider what Paul said, 1Cor 9:27. How could Paul be rejected, after all he did?? 2Cor 13:5, Keep testing whether you are in the faith.
Matt 10:22, 24:13, You must endure until the end to be saved.
There have been many, many people who were in God's favor who lost out by not continuing to do His will. Look as all Satan's angels, and what about all the Israelites who were in a covenant relationship with God who lost their standing, 1Cor 10:1-12.
The Atonement is for anyone who accepts Jesus sand obeys his commandments. Anyone can take advantage of this great gift, but only by becoming doers of the work and not hearers only, James 1:22-25. The Bible says that we must work out our own salvation, Phil 2:12. The Bible tells us clearly that faith without works is dead, James 2:15-18, 21,22, 24, 26.
Just because no person could ever earn everlasting life by works, it does not mean that a person should not have good works, Eph 2:8-10. Heb 6:10, Gal 6:10, Matt 25:34-41,45,46.
There is definitely no such thing as once saved always saved, Eze 3:17-21, 18:21-24, 33:13-16.

beloved57

12j

beloved57,
A few of the thing you have said do not line up with what is said in the Holy Scriptures.
No one is foreordained, whether of the elect or anyone else.

You quoted some of my post then evaded the points !

Ben Masada

I believe 100% of the Tanach and only 20% of the NT. You are lucky to hear this from a Jew. So be happy and dance the dance of joy. They usually believe 0% of the NT.

beloved57

I believe 100% of the Tanach and only 20% of the NT. You are lucky to hear this from a Jew. So be happy and dance the dance of joy. They usually believe 0% of the NT.

As stated, you do not believe the bible. You believe in the flesh of men.

beloved57

That ye should be married to another !

Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Let's look at the immediate context of this statement Rom 7:1-4

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

No one has the right [Jn 1:12] to believe on Christ unless they are no longer married to the Law , which all are by Nature experimentally.

Now understand this, Believers in Christ, before becoming Believers by New Birth, are unknowingly , unaware that they have had their relationship as married to the Law, severed, terminated, not by their Faith, nor anything they did, but by the Body of Christ, which means His Death.

Yes, by Christ's Death alone for them, all for whom He died, were permanently freed from the Law to marry another. Its like here 1 Cor 7:39

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty G1658 to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Yes, all for whom Christ died, are all free from the law in order to be married to another, whether they know it or not.

Last edited: