the apocalypse

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Did he actually say that about women, but doesn't hold it as truth for Amy Barrett?

He did and does. Being a mother is job one, etc. She's had an entire career in the law which means she hasn't been home with her kids, and to be fair to her, she's said she's done a lot of "anxiety and soul-searching" over the years about her decision to have a career and leave the care of her kids to someone else. chrys is a hypocrite to laud her for it when every other career mom is anathema to him.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sounds like you don't like Amy. I wonder why.

Sounds like that's what you want me to believe, you've been waiting, and since I didn't saying anything you had to do it yourself.

This is about you and your hypocrisy and you know it is. How about you "speculate" why you're suddenly willing to change your tune?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This is about you and your hypocrisy and you know it is. How about you "speculate" why you're suddenly willing to change your tune?

Every rule has its exceptions. Most are not good. Some exceptions are good. We still need the rule for guidance.

clefty

No one care about the rich Catholics keeping Catholic children out of their schools if they have niggley Catholic parents?

No one care that all these Catholic HOSPITALS BEING THE REASON our HEALTH INSURANCE is OUTRAGEOUS?

WHOAH...hey that is a new one...catholics hospitals running up the healthcare...

you better cite some sources there on that one...tired of disinformation and fake news...false witness

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Every rule has its exceptions. Most are not good. Some exceptions are good. We still need the rule for guidance.

Bull. You're just stuck between a rock and hard place and pretending you planned to be there all along.

You've historically diminished working moms for choosing career over children even when they had no choice, but 'Fascinating Amy' had a choice. She didn't need to work, her husband is a lawyer. She chose her career, and now you're slobbering all over her.

There are a lot of women in my life and they all have to deal with the lie of feminism. Having a career is more important than being a mother. The children suffer. Everyone suffers and man is always the one who is to blame. You can't be happy with what you have. Killing babies is somehow necessary in order to be equal. It is the number one priority of feminists.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Bull. You're just stuck between a rock and hard place and pretending you planned to be there all along.

You've historically diminished working moms for choosing career over children even when they had no choice, but 'Fascinating Amy' had a choice. She didn't need to work, her husband is a lawyer. She chose her career, and now you're slobbering all over her.

There are exceptions to the rule. Most are bad. This is an exceptionally good one.
Trump is an exception to the rule. An exceptionally good one.
We must have rules. We must have law and order.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a person of intellect
A Catholic Convert
a reason for this. John Henry Newman and G.K. Chesterton lead the list of intellectuals who have converted to the Catholic Church. There are many more. The reason is reason. The true intellectual must have beliefs that are reasonable. Rigorous thinking along with reason and logic make the Church attractive to intellectuals. Thanks to Thomas Aquinas today's existentialism has not completely replaced objective Truth. It is being preserved by the Church.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There are exceptions to the rule. Most are bad. This is an exceptionally good one.
Trump is an exception to the rule. An exceptionally good one.
We must have rules. We must have law and order.

Your rules don't mean squat if you allow yourself/your fellow travelers to break them with righteous impunity while those other than yourself/your fellow travelers get beaten down for same.

clefty

a person of intellect
A Catholic Convert
a reason for this. John Henry Newman and G.K. Chesterton lead the list of intellectuals who have converted to the Catholic Church. There are many more. The reason is reason. The true intellectual must have beliefs that are reasonable. Rigorous thinking along with reason and logic make the Church attractive to intellectuals. Thanks to Thomas Aquinas today's existentialism has not completely replaced objective Truth. It is being preserved by the Church.
Home

so for posts on end it is complaints of the corruption and disease and subversion of the church...and now this...

she does NOT have the Christlike “inner Jew” mind...as her heart is NOT circumcised to Him His ways...

her fruits are NOT matching those NOT cut off for unbelief...

As James confirms 10Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be! 11Can both fresh water and salt water flowfrom the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree grow olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.…James 3:10-12

If we claim to abide in Him we must live AS He did...JUST AS...1 John 2:6

Out of her come fruits NOT like the branch trunk or root...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
a person of intellect
A Catholic Convert
Home

remember Squeaky's thread "Intellectual Idiots"? :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Your rules don't mean squat if you allow yourself/your fellow travelers to break them with righteous impunity while those other than yourself/your fellow travelers get beaten down for same.

O for goodness sake. He's an anonymous poster on an internet discussion board that you voluntarily participate on. If you can't stand getting "beaten down" stop your whining and disengage.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
O for goodness sake. He's an anonymous poster on an internet discussion board that you voluntarily participate on. If you can't stand getting "beaten down" stop your whining and disengage.

Oh for goodness sake. If you don’t like the conversation going on between two anonymous posters on a message board that didn’t include you - don’t read along, and quit butting in with your minus two cents.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

They are not my rules. They are laws of nature. They are Church laws. They are all designed to protect the child. The child is the future that will take care of you when you are old and can't take care of yourself.
My fellow travelers get beaten down mainly by themselves because they didn't follow the rules
Start with a father in the home and maybe you won't get beaten down.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a diversion
A Health Care Scare
a distraction from the baby killing issue. They don't want to talk about abortion. They want to talk about health care. Amy will take away your health care. Ohh nooo Mr. Bill. The sky is falling. We are all going to die. Their hair is on fire. The real issue is killing babies. Equality demands it.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
They are not my rules. They are laws of nature. They are Church laws. They are all designed to protect the child. The child is the future that will take care of you when you are old and can't take care of yourself.
My fellow travelers get beaten down mainly by themselves because they didn't follow the rules

So you're saying Fascinating Amy broke the "laws of nature" and "Church laws?"

Start with a father in the home and maybe you won't get beaten down.

You're following sod's implication this was about me. It's not. I'm not the one getting beaten down here, it's all women who chose/choose to have a career outside the home as well as being a mother. There are millions upon millions of them out there, whether by choice or necessity. You've always railed against that - until Fascinating Amy. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, which you euphemize as an "exceptionally good exception to the rule." No. If Amy can do it, than any mom can do it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
a diversion
A Health Care Scare
a distraction from the baby killing issue. They don't want to talk about abortion. They want to talk about health care. Amy will take away your health care. Ohh nooo Mr. Bill. The sky is falling. We are all going to die. Their hair is on fire. The real issue is killing babies. Equality demands it.
Home

I'm afraid that Amy Coney Barrett (to paraphrase someone I can't find the quote for) will, after walking through doors opened for her will turn and close them against others. Taking away healthcare is a big deal to a lot of people even if it's nothing more than a source of amusement to you. Perhaps you have healthcare and don't know what it's like not to have it; if so then you speak from a place of privilege. But that's not all that's concerning.

Barrett cast the deciding vote to deport a legal resident of the United States who had lived here for 30 years because of a legal technicality. And she voted to uphold a Trump administration rule that a green card can be withheld from anyone who the government thinks might rely on public assistance.

She stands for what you stand for, so I get why you're 'fascinated' by her. But you're a hypocrite.