The Heroic Gunslinger Fantasy

PureX

ISIS did not emerge from the war, they emerged from Islam. They were allowed to gather and take power by our lack of presence.
They emerged from the power vacuum that was left after we destroyed Iraq's government and infrastructure for no good reason.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I don't consider a society armed to the teeth, bristling and looking for a fight, to be particularly safe or civilized. When you gotta hammer...
There is a part of me that sees a certain irony in this issue.
Person A: I need a gun for protection.
Person B: Protection against what?
Person A: People with guns!

I know that there are other instances where protection against an aggressor is truly needed. Even given that need, what happened to American society where so many people feel the need to be able to kill their fellow Americans in order to feel protected? It is a sad commentary on the state of America.

PureX

I know that there are other instances where protection against an aggressor is truly needed. Even given that need, what happened to American society where so many people feel the need to be able to kill their fellow Americans in order to feel protected? It is a sad commentary on the state of America.
The clever and greedy have turned us against each other so that we won't turn against them, as they systematically rob us blind using no guns at all. And unfortunately, the trick seems to work every time they do it.

Granite

Hall of Fame

They want us to have guns. They want us to be armed. And besides, they've gotten everything they wanted with the American people armed to the teeth. Not only do they not want to disarm us, they don't need to. That should tell us something.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Even given that need, what happened to American society where so many people feel the need to be able to kill their fellow Americans in order to feel protected? It is a sad commentary on the state of America.

a google search of "Americans with guns" brings:

Spoiler
asw_guns.jpg

bad+christmas+pics+gallery.png

gc65.jpg

a google search of "Criminals" brings:

Spoiler
Black-Criminals.jpg

you do the math

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
a google search of "Americans with guns" brings:

Spoiler
asw_guns.jpg

bad+christmas+pics+gallery.png

gc65.jpg

a google search of "Criminals" brings:

Spoiler
Black-Criminals.jpg

you do the math
The math equates to a big so what. Yes, people have guns for hunting and target shooting. Yes, there are criminals. Neither changes what I said.

Morpheus

dopey old mopey! :noway:

one of billybob's favorite punching bags! :darwinsm:

Curious. So just how is it that with your join date of Sept. 2015 you recall the distant past interactions between myself and that dumb hilljack BillyBob? Methinks you might be hiding something.

Morpheus

:darwinsm:

:mock:dopey ol' mopey

I recall that response. So how you doing BB. Still trollin' I see.

Now getting away from the nostalgia and onto discussing with more reasonable folk ... Al Qaida wanted to accomplish two goals with their terrorism: 1) instill fear in their enemies in order to move them to foolish acts so that they could prove their enemies (us) were hegemonic imperialists who wanted to control their region and steal their fortune, and, 2) goad us into invasion to accomplish goal 1 and give them the recruitment propaganda the needed to grow. By overreacting we walked right into their trap. Now 14 years later ISIL is following the same pattern, having learned that it worked, and even though they learned from their history, we have not. The same foolish people who walked into the trap before are just as ready to do it again. A few years ago the majority realized the foolishness of being led into Iraq and GW Bush's legacy will be forever stained by it. Yet a fool doesn't learn from his mistakes so easily, does he; that is what makes him a fool.

I was arguing here prior to the Iraq invasion that the evidence was tainted, and that there were nefarious motives behind it. Then the motive was oil, but now the underlying motive is even more disgusting...it's partisan politics.

But I realize that in my short return here this message is largely wasted on many of the same lemmings as before. You will follow the foolish leader over the ledge again. What you haven't yet realized is that the piper calling you to violent conflict is ISIL. You will give them what they want in the end.

Morpheus

I recall that response. So how you doing BB. Still trollin' I see.

Thanks to Granite for the correction. Serially banned Sozo and not BB. There is little difference. BB was like Sozo's role model.

And I'll leave when I feel like it. By taking frequent respite from this delirium I do sometimes gain some encouragement upon my return when I see that a few of those who were earlier most steadfast in protecting their childhood indoctrination have begun to see the flaws in that worldview. There is hope for some. I must thank the Sozos and Billybobs of the world for so eloquently exhibiting just how foolish that worldview is. Extremism, in whatever form, tends to repel more people than it attracts.

PureX

Ah! The heroic insanity of the republican party and their supporters ...

11015460_10153169118239255_5159367343809693052_n.jpg

"It's all Obama's fault!

Let's do it again!"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Bush who?

oh - you mean that guy who hasn't been president for the last seven years?

that guy? :darwinsm:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What acts of terrorism against the U.S. was Saddam sponsoring?

Are you being serious? This is like Roy Firestone not knowing the Earth is round. I am borderline ready to insult you not for promoting evil but for willful ignorance and then commenting on it after you pull your head from the sand.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Are you being serious? This is like Roy Firestone not knowing the Earth is round. I am borderline ready to insult you not for promoting evil but for willful ignorance and then commenting on it after you pull your head from the sand.

It's a simple question. I don't think even you are fooled into thinking he had anything to do with 9/11, so, enlighten the rest of us. What acts of terrorism against the U.S. was Saddam involved in?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Saddam Hussein said:
We tell all the Arabs, all the believing strugglers . . . wherever they are to rise to jihad (holy war) and struggle by targeting the forces of evil, treachery and corruption everywhere and targeting their interests wherever they are. This is your duty