Texas Crisis & Ted Cruz...

Gary K

Banned
And you personally know Cruz hadn't been working on this behind the scenes and on the phone. He didn't need to be in Texas to do any of that. But he's not supposed to take care of his daughters. Then you'd attack him for being a lousy father. In my estimation he's to be a father first and a senator second. I guess that makes no sense to you. And here I thought I'd read that you're a mother. You would leave your children in a very cold home just so you could play politics, I guess.
I wonder why anna ran away from this? Could it be she doesn't like the facts being pointed out? I guess she really would leave her kids in a home that's somewhere between 0 and 10 degrees and go play politics instead of taking care of her children. Oh, what dedication. Or, oh what a lousy mother.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you'll indulge me one more time, what do you think about this one. How many people died in Texas based on this article about Texas?

It doesn't give numbers for Texas, so I don't know. I do know it's mixing national numbers with local numbers. I don't know what you want from me, but maybe just to tell you exactly that. What I'm not going to tell you is that it's some kind of a nefarious plot to create bodies where there are none. In my opinion the article's not well put together, but it does clearly say "Deaths blamed for extreme cold across the U.S." For Texas? Here's one government source:

“It’s a slow process. We may have preliminary information in weeks, not days,” said Chris Van Deusen, a Texas Department of State Health Services spokesperson. A statewide survey of deaths caused by the storm is underway, he said. But the state won’t have a good indication until death certificates are filed.

Your link was a local Houston station, the byline says Alex Meier, and when you look her up, her bio says "A dynamic news producer with a focus on creating high-impact multi-platform content, managing breaking news for digital audiences, telling human-interest stories through short-form and long-form video, and optimizing workflow for newsrooms."

Not everyone is good at what they do.

Last edited:

eider

It looks as if Texas might get these winters more often in the future.
Polar Vortexes caused by the changing climate.

Below I have shown a couple of links out of many for you.........

There have even been thriller films about ice storms due to global warming. I watched one last week but cannot remember what it was called, something like 'deep freeze' or 'frozen'.

The people of Texas need to prepare their own secondary/tertiary emergency fuel back-ups in future which is what most of us do in Britain. I don't think that these unusual weather patterns are going away.....

You might need to copy/paste the links in to google....

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Apparently the warming poles are changing weather patterns. If this keeps happening then more and more people will take notice.

But it would be best to keep two other sources of power for hearing and cooking in future. That's what we do on Britain.
And yet you ignore the strangeness of solar climate is having on earthly climate.

Derf

It doesn't give numbers for Texas, so I don't know. I do know it's mixing national numbers with local numbers. I don't know what you want from me, but maybe just to tell you exactly that. What I'm not going to tell you is that it's some kind of a nefarious plot to create bodies where there are none. In my opinion the article's not well put together, but it does clearly say "Deaths blamed for extreme cold across the U.S." For Texas? Here's one government source:

“It’s a slow process. We may have preliminary information in weeks, not days,” said Chris Van Deusen, a Texas Department of State Health Services spokesperson. A statewide survey of deaths caused by the storm is underway, he said. But the state won’t have a good indication until death certificates are filed.

Your link was a local Houston station, the byline says Alex Meier, and when you look her up, her bio says "A dynamic news producer with a focus on creating high-impact multi-platform content, managing breaking news for digital audiences, telling human-interest stories through short-form and long-form video, and optimizing workflow for newsrooms."

Not everyone is good at what they do.
She might be lousy at what she does, I agree. But AP was one of her sources. In an article about Texas, giving Texas stats and showing, supposedly, how bad it was in Texas, saying this: "These numbers, however, provide another perspective, painting a picture of the true cost of the state's deep freeze", she says almost the same thing the AP article said, but not quite. It was enough different to show she had to think about it. She had an agenda to make Texas look bad, and it's obvious.
AP had a similar agenda. Epoch Times fell for it. Why do you think they so want Texas to look bad that they will deceitfully present data?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
She might be lousy at what she does, I agree. But AP was one of her sources. In an article about Texas, giving Texas stats and showing, supposedly, how bad it was in Texas, saying this: "These numbers, however, provide another perspective, painting a picture of the true cost of the state's deep freeze", she says almost the same thing the AP article said, but not quite. It was enough different to show she had to think about it. She had an agenda to make Texas look bad, and it's obvious.
AP had a similar agenda. Epoch Times fell for it. Why do you think they so want Texas to look bad that they will deceitfully present data?

"If it bleeds, it leads" is about clicks and views without also being an agenda to make Texas look bad. Corporate news is about money, and it's not always quality, I'll freely agree with that. I don't follow my own city's local news because it's routinely subpar. I'll say again, this was a big news story, and that's what news loves best, big news stories. Particularly human interest stories.

As for your quote, I looked at the original article and can't see where she says almost the same thing, I didn't see anything that even looked enough different. If she's summarizing for a news digest, she has to restate the idea or it's plagiarism but reading through I didn't see anything close. Can you give me the two quotes side by side?

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

ERCOT: Texas Was 4 Minutes and 37 Seconds Away From a Blackout That Could Have Lasted Months

ERCOT’s weather data shows the Dallas/Fort Worth area was at or below freezing for more than 140 hours. That’s 40 hours longer than the 2011 winter storm which caused rolling power outages.

This time, demand for power hit an all-time record high while all types of power plants - and even natural gas delivery lines to some plants -- shut down in the cold forcing ERCOT to order outages to prevent a far worse collapse of the entire power system.

One chart presented at the meeting shows Texas was less than five minutes away from a blackout that might have crippled the power system for weeks or months.

Magness expressed frustration at the meeting about how long it took to bring some power plants back online. The graphs shared today showed for days many were not able to re-start and that's what turned this into such a devastating crisis with lives lost and homes damaged.

One board member criticized Magness today saying he did not do enough to warn the board of the possibility of a crisis before the storm hit.

“I feel as a board member, very frustrated that that did not occur,” said board member, Jacqueline A. Sargent. “And I just wanted to make that statement.”

As NBC 5 Investigates first reported, ERCOT’s audio recordings show Magness spent less than one minute discussing the impending storm at the last board meeting just five days before the storm arrived

eider

I guess she really would leave her kids in a home that's somewhere between 0 and 10 degrees and go play politics instead of taking care of her children. Oh, what dedication. Or, oh what a lousy mother.
Here is a typical example of how to build up a complete fabrication and slander.
First you make a suggestion about a person; it could start with a 'guess', and you imagine the target doing something that is wrong. And then you spin it up, bringing it in to some dreamed up reality. And then you make your judgement about the person, actually believing that they actually do what you guessed them to be doing. Judging dreams.