Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Without question. :up:

But you have to admit it's fun watching him make a fool of himself. :D

:thumb: Yeah and that's probably the only reason why he's still on here. I admit it is intertaining. :chuckle:

Breathe

The fact that this thread - and waterbear - are still here, should be sufficient answer for him. :loser:

Breathe

Knight, your site is great. We've never spoken, but I've been through a lot of sites, and they all have proven to proverbially suck.
But I'm not praising (even though I am). I don't praise. Except to one :thumb:

Eggzackly! I pick at him more often than not, but this place has taught me a lot - and not just about Christianity. It has taught me forbearance and tolerance - and I hope some small amount of tactfulness - when dealing with others whose beliefs I cannot fathom. Knight isn't a self-righteous, pious despot, as I had been led to believe by people from other boards who have been banned from here.

I like your board, Knight. And I think I even like you - although the jury is still out on that one. :D

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
hey now mrs p,
mrs p :confused: ... mrs p :crackup: you crack me up :rotfl:
Sorry I thought sometimes Mrs P posts under your name, it does seem some of the content of your post are from a feminine perspective and some are masculine, perhaps you are just in touch with your feminine side? :peach:

granted my observations are limited to the last 4 years, maybe you two are conversing and you post the summary of those thoughts?
jeremysdemo said:
Those are my brothers and sisters down their you are calling obnoxious.
I therefore repent.
and rightfully so, jk.

jeremysdemo said:
If it wasn't for a "rebellious act" of the first 13 States and our founding fathers against England we would not have the freedom we have today.
Save your money boys the south will rise again. I think the stars-and-bars makes a neat table cloth.
I think we are talking about two different rebellions, one involved England in 1775~6-ish and the other was a civil war about a hundred years later, 1861.
While I agree with the reason for the first I disagree with the souths reasoning for the second.

jeremysdemo said:
I can think of at least one more person who was rebellious in a Temple so many eons ago, that being said there seems to be a place for righteous rebellion when the powers that be have over extended their authority beyond decency.
Yes in the land of the free and the home of the brace.

Righteous rebellion and righteous indignation; or is that self-righteous indignation?
Well since it was Jesus in the Temple, I'll have to go with righteous indignation at this point, I doubt there would be any evidence to the contrary.
jeremysdemo said:
I don't judge the members of Occupy for giving up on the crooked legislative process entirely, though I don't agree with their modem operandi I certainly sympathize with their cause, they DO represent the 99% of POOR people in our country, so obviously not everyone is going to appreciate that.
See this the kind of thing that I shouldn't post, I don't follow politics all that well, as a mater of fact I have a hard time following pouring sand out of a boot even after someone has told me the instructions are the bottom. Saying something and/or posting in the political arena is something where I should more restraint. However I/we do vote.
well in your defense Occupy is not political, in fact one could classify them anti-political, so no need to worry there. They want to overthrow the government completely end all imports from China, all mass production of products and businesses/religious/political conglomerates and return America to an agrarian bartering society, considering Jesus and His followers lived in such self sustaining groups themselves the idea is not that far off from early Christianity (minus the beliefs), what worries me is the how it would be implemented since they have no public plan or plan to make a plan public if you know what I mean, it's like a workers strike with no employer.

jeremysdemo said:
Honor is proven by God Spirit and His commandments for His Glory if waterbearer has something to offer in that respect that he feels Knight has faulted we should welcome that, so far I have seen any scripture or any scriptural antidote for an alleged "sin" being offered to Knight so I have to assume there really is no wrong doing at this point.
Yes honor to who honor is due, correction that is seasoned with salt, done in love, and covered with mercy.
I'm a little leery about guys like waterbearer, they claim things like the Bible are in error and corrupted by men, this would include the perfect law of God (Ten commandments) the problem I have with that is we have so many ancient copies of it and they all concur even tho they were in different regions for thousands of years apart, I just have a hard time believing man is that good at conspiracy to take Gods word that was spoken to thousands of people (Jews in Exodus) and distribute faulty identical copies of so far and wide.
Not only that, but if you take away the faith in Gods power to preserve His word for His children you really don't have anything to base knowledge on in the first place, Hosea 4:6, to me it is blasphemy and the guy should be permanently banned for posing as a Christian if he continues to perpetuate such diatribe IMHO.
jeremysdemo said:
keep shinin
I do everyday, Amen! and Amen!
I don't, there is One however who seldomly does through me....very seldomly I confess.
jeremysdemo said:
That you are.

well, we are a necessary part of Gods creation. :)

:e4e:
Blessings, peace, grace and mercy to you this day and everyday.
Amen

jerm :cool:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry I thought sometimes Mrs P posts under your name, it does seem some of the content of your post are from a feminine perspective and some are masculine, perhaps you are just in touch with your feminine side? :peach:

:e4e:

Amen

jerm :cool:

No Mrs Psalmist doesn't post or post under a different name. She does though minister at the retirement/healthcare center, she is a commissioned chaplain to the ladies. As for over my shoulder influence she really doesn't, but is a real influence in my life everyday, and for that I'm thankful for this my treasure "Sweetie," and she's always an encouragement and a good listener, that means a lot to me.

As for a feminine perspective, I don't know maybe? I never took a gym class while in junior and senior high, so far as physical athletics were concerned I did care for and did want to participate so I didn't, I was extremely opposed to the shower room situation, I explained to my dad and mom and my took take of it. As for the shower situation in the Navy I endured, I got in and got out it's that simple. I didn't participate in physical sports, my line of excitement was car racing for a number of years, and still have passion for old/antique/classic cars.

Do I possess a softer side? Yes. There are things that take place in a persons that can change a persons perspective over the years until one is more apt to help and encourage rather than overlord and use disparaging tactics. My dad passed away when I was young; we lost two daughters in the first ten years of our marriage; my brother was middle aged when he passed away; I almost died in 2001 due to respiratory failure it was doubtful that I would come off the ventilator, but I did and I survived; Mrs Psalmist almost died in 2002, she also suffered respiratory failure, and was put on the ventilator and it was doubtful that she would come off of it, however 11 days later she did come off of it, they were tense moments and days; then my passed away in 2000. So life is precious and valuable, and if I can help somebody along the way, then my living will not be in vain, because it is always as unto the Lord.

So if I approach things from a softer side and encourage others along life's way, I don't mind then that's what I do, that's what I do best, I have the influence of a lot ladies in our friendships; I've been a funeral director to which I was well suited, and the chaplaincy at the retirement/healthcare center is what I do best, to which I thank the Lord for because not everybody is able to or they don't care for after they see what is involved. I took some special courses from the Moody Bible Institute, that I aced.

Well there you have it, that's mister softy, however when it is needed I will correct others when it is necessary, and there is no need to anybodies door mat.

:e4e: Psalmist

bybee

No Mrs Psalmist doesn't post or post under a different name. She does though minister at the retirement/healthcare center, she is a commissioned chaplain to the ladies. As for over my shoulder influence she really doesn't, but is a real influence in my life everyday, and for that I'm thankful for this my treasure "Sweetie," and she's always an encouragement and a good listener, that means a lot to me.

As for a feminine perspective, I don't know maybe? I never took a gym class while in junior and senior high, so far as physical athletics were concerned I did care for and did want to participate so I didn't, I was extremely opposed to the shower room situation, I explained to my dad and mom and my took take of it. As for the shower situation in the Navy I endured, I got in and got out it's that simple. I didn't participate in physical sports, my line of excitement was car racing for a number of years, and still have passion for old/antique/classic cars.

Do I possess a softer side? Yes. There are things that take place in a persons that can change a persons perspective over the years until one is more apt to help and encourage rather than overlord and use disparaging tactics. My dad passed away when I was young; we lost two daughters in the first ten years of our marriage; my brother was middle aged when he passed away; I almost died in 2001 due to respiratory failure it was doubtful that I would come off the ventilator, but I did and I survived; Mrs Psalmist almost died in 2002, she also suffered respiratory failure, and was put on the ventilator and it was doubtful that she would come off of it, however 11 days later she did come off of it, they were tense moments and days; then my passed away in 2000. So life is precious and valuable, and if I can help somebody along the way, then my living will not be in vain, because it is always as unto the Lord.

So if I approach things from a softer side and encourage others along life's way, I don't mind then that's what I do, that's what I do best, I have the influence of a lot ladies in our friendships; I've been a funeral director to which I was well suited, and the chaplaincy at the retirement/healthcare center is what I do best, to which I thank the Lord for because not everybody is able to or they don't care for after they see what is involved. I took some special courses from the Moody Bible Institute, that I aced.

Well there you have it, that's mister softy, however when it is needed I will correct others when it is necessary, and there is no need to anybodies door mat.

Blessings Psalmist.

BabyChristian

Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.

Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.

I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.

This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.

You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL :chuckle: :rotfl:

BabyChristian

:first:

Best post ever! Shows that growing older in Christ is a wonderful thing.

My mother's mother's husband (my grandfather) was not a Christian until he had a stroke in his 70s while all along my grandmother was, he mistreated her all of his life until he became a Christian, made her life wonderful until he died.

I love you Psalmist!

BabyChristian

It's his forum. He can do what he wants.

Exactly! I said something about money made on TOL a while back and expected to be banned and was not.

He is great as the owner of a site such as this IMO. He's proven it over and over again with many people.

He owns it as we own our business, (problem is we're a union, though we don't believe in unions since they've gone crazy), Knight can do as he pleases and is more than fair.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
another look.......

another look.......

You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL :chuckle: :rotfl:

Hi BC,

Adding to my previous post Here, I'm not sure what is funny about being a 'gnostic', since I consider it a sincere and valid path, which I hold in a most liberal sense of one who values 'gnosis'(knowledge) and the free individual pursuit of truth and experience of 'God' for themselves....which is at the core of both ancient and modern varieties of Gnosticism. Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.

Waterbear does not necessarily represent the whole of gnostic theology, neither is a representative for all gnostics....as many schools, individuals and culture-nuances exist within this spectrum, although many common themes and principles prevail, being universal. His passion for sharing historical facts and associations correlate to his own revelations and insights consonant with what some early gnostics believed. I share some aspects of this 'universalism' but tailoring such to the schools of my own affection, naturally.

As one continues Godward (or abides in God-consciousness),...progressive revelation is always OPEN, since we are always growing in grace and wisdom, if indeed the Spirit of God is with us.

Even if this 'cliche' is old....its still true....."you cant put God in a box"......

In-joy!

pj

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.

Very true....it is also a truism that unless one is careful; knowledge tends to inflate the ego. Inflated ego tends to turn people into a parody of what they intend to represent.

Thankfully Paul, you have gracefully avoided that trap.....others are not so fortunate. They earn their ridicule. :e4e:

Last edited:

bybee

Hi BC,

Adding to my previous post Here, I'm not sure what is funny about being a 'gnostic', since I consider it a sincere and valid path, which I hold in a most liberal sense of one who values 'gnosis'(knowledge) and the free individual pursuit of truth and experience of 'God' for themselves....which is at the core of both ancient and modern varieties of Gnosticism. Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.

Waterbear does not necessarily represent the whole of gnostic theology, neither is a representative for all gnostics....as many schools, individuals and culture-nuances exist within this spectrum, although many common themes and principles prevail, being universal. His passion for sharing historical facts and associations correlate to his own revelations and insights consonant with what some early gnostics believed. I share some aspects of this 'universalism' but tailoring such to the schools of my own affection, naturally.

As one continues Godward (or abides in God-consciousness),...progressive revelation is always OPEN, since we are always growing in grace and wisdom, if indeed the Spirit of God is with us.

Even if this 'cliche' is old....its still true....."you cant put God in a box"......

In-joy!

pj

Indeed! And good news, God doesn't put His children into boxes either. We put ourselves there and to our shame, we put others there.

Status
Not open for further replies.