Tell Me Again How Public Schools are Cesspools of Atheism

Buzzword

Oh look, a public school teacher forcing.....RELIGION....upon students.
Child students, at that.
THIS is why some of us so vehemently defend the Wall of Separation.

A Georgia public school agreed to stop two teachers from praying in class and promoting their religious beliefs to children, but only after a secular group filed a lawsuit.

A kindergarten teacher and first-grade teacher at Swainsboro Primary School led students in prayer before lunch last year and then singled out students whose parents complained, reported Patheos.

The teachers ordered those children to sit outside the classroom in a hallway while other students prayed, and one of the teachers told students their classmates couldn’t recite the Pledge of Allegiance because it contained the phrase, “under God.”

Another teacher told one child that he should “make a good decision” and join his classmates in prayer, according to a complaint filed by the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

The group also complained that first-grade teacher Katherine Brights told that same boy that he shouldn’t listen to his mother because she was “a bad person for not believing in God.”

The first-grader eventually was worn down by his teacher’s comments and joined his classmates in religious activities against his parents’ wishes.

Georgia School Pays Up After Teacher Tells First Grader His Mom Is Bad Because She Doesn't Believe in God

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh look, a public school teacher forcing.....RELIGION....upon students.
Child students, at that.
THIS is why some of us so vehemently defend the Wall of Separation.

Thanks for showing people that not all Christians have abandoned public education.

Oh and Buzz, we're going to take it back and start teaching children moral doctrine once again.

aditseth03

Hats off to Richard Dawkins his words imply always ↓

"No child is a Christian , every child is son/daughter of a Christian"

Lon

Hats off to Richard Dawkins his words imply always ↓
:nono: I'm shocked that even and especially an atheist would like him or quote him.
"No child is a Christian , every child is son/daughter of a Christian"
Doesn't need to be a quote because it is observably true. You 'can' be born into the home of Christians. That doesn't 'make' you a Christian (unlike every other religion on the planet, if you are born into a Buddhist home, you are called a Buddhist).
ONLY God can make a Christian.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
:nono: I'm shocked that even and especially an atheist would like him or quote him.

Doesn't need to be a quote because it is observably true. You 'can' be born into the home of Christians. That doesn't 'make' you a Christian (unlike every other religion on the planet, if you are born into a Buddhist home, you are called a Buddhist).
ONLY God can make a Christian.

So is it god's fault I am not a believer?

Jose Fly

Funny how every time I see a headline like this, I always think "Which southern state is it this time?" :chuckle:

Lon

Which god? You folks make reference to one a lot on TOL :think:

I think in your head, there is a connect that is meaningful to you, but I'm missing part of it here, but I'll try. I think 'fault' is wrong though. We are born one way, it is Adam's 'fault' curse. We are born, like Dawkins said (not needing to reference or quote him or even bring him into the conversation, except as correct on an observation you and I can make), without God on this planet. "Natural?" No, we all have a God-shaped void. More, we our existence is sustained by Him Colossians 1:17.

Your fault would be to hear the gospel, be convinced He exists, then walk away. There could be fault in you, simply from walking away without being wise to investigate such an eternal matter.

Both of us, before hearing anything, could have blamed Adam for our miserable condition. I don't think, however 'blame' could take it away, just give us someone to complain against. I hope I've drawn those connection and meaningfully addressed them. I do care. If you wanted to be a Christian, you'd have to ask Him. I 'think' that answers your question. -Lon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Nope, its yours.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.…

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

2 Timothy 4:3-4 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

kiwimacahau

Thanks for showing people that not all Christians have abandoned public education.

Oh and Buzz, we're going to take it back and start teaching children moral doctrine once again.

I sincerely hope not. Morality is learned from parents not imposed by a group which must be as secular as possible. Would you be equally happy if the teachers concerned were Muslims?

Lon

I sincerely hope not. Morality is learned from parents not imposed by a group which must be as secular as possible. Would you be equally happy if the teachers concerned were Muslims?
No. Just like TOL, there is bias. Christianity, "yes." Anything else? "No."

Secular education is like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah in Nebuchadnezzar's court, but they'd have been/were much better educated staying in the land of promise. Proverbs 22:6 God removed them for a season and used it BUT it wasn't the ideal. The 'ideal' was why they held strong in the faith 'against' a counter-education. They were ten-times better educated than the secular culture Daniel 1:20