Talk of Secession

The Berean

I used to live in California. I moved out right before Arnold Schwarzeneggar was elected governor. I will never go back, especially with how politically liberal the state is.

It's sad how leftist and liberal California has become. California hasn't voted for a GOP presidential candidate since 1988. From 1920-1988 California voted fo the GOP presidential candidate 13 times in 18 elections. Four of the five times it did were the FDR years.

Last edited:

Danoh

Rumor is that California will secede, and install Zorro V as El Presidente:

View attachment 24968

President Don Diego de la Vega vs President Don-ald J. Trump, ay :chuckle:

Hmmm, de la Vega - that means Las Vegas would also go.

"Viva Las Vegas...Viva Las Vegas" - Don Elvis.

Perhaps its' time for a little Don McKlean - eh, Seas-coh?

No, Pancho; Viva Zapata...

What's a shoe store (Zapateria) got to do with it?

You mean "what's love got ta do with it..."

No - "Make America Great Again."

Don Corleone?

Oh, shut up!

:chuckle:

The Berean

A college age niece of mine asked me about this. This was my response.

No, it's not for real. States cannot leave the union legally. The Civil War settled that matter back in 1865. If CA wants to leave the union it would have to be by armed conflict. The problem with that is that the state of CA has no state military and a large portion of Californians would NOT want to leave the union. I doubt Californians would be fighting each other in the streets of SF, or in the mountains of Lake Tahoe, or the sand dunes of Pismo Beach. Also, can even imagine the Starbuck drinking, colleg aged hipsters arming themselves and going to war? :p These silly stories get passed around after each election. When Obama was elected Texas supossedly wanted to secede as well.