ECT Taking stock of the NT and the land promise

Interplanner

While there is no clear reference to, or validation of, the land promise to Israel as 2P2P/D'ism thinks in the NT, there is the departure from it in favor of a kingdom of priests and living temple and an enthronement there. There are several sharp criticisms of Judaism as such from the vantage point of the gospel; it is called the 'weak and miserable elements of the world.'

But really, to assess the mind-numbing position 2P2P has taken, we have to look at something completely different: what would be the point--or why would God be involved in that kind of thing now that the messianic era and Gospel have come? Why smash what Galatians is all about?

The NT is full of excitement about the new era that has arrived in which there is fellowship and sharing and covenantal community for all who believe. For now, there is no favoritism. Or as the Roman world responded: 'look how they love each other.'

2P2P tries to crash this party every chance it can get. It plows through Eph 4 like the terrorist in Nice, France, and ruins all the unifiying things Eph 4 says.

To replace all this with the land promise, is to upend the faith that 'turned the world upside down' and go back to Judaism. there is never just a 'land' in Judaism. It is all the pieces of the old covenant religion all over again.

Instead of putting more and more things together from the NT, 2P2P people here at TOL prefer to go watch TV and giggle and import those canned jokes as a diversion and evasion and fracturing of what the NT says.

Jerry Shugart

While there is no clear reference to, or validation of, the land promise to Israel as 2P2P/D'ism thinks in the NT, there is the departure from it in favor of a kingdom of priests and living temple and an enthronement there.

You have already been shown the truth about the land promises which will be fulfilled in the future but you reject them. Here is the promise which the LORD made to David in regard to the land:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"!

And the LORD promised David that the affliction from the wicked will cease!

Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not been moved from the land and the attacks from the wicked ceased!

The LORD also made it plain that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"
(Ps.89:3,33-35).​

According to your view the LORD did alter this promise He made to David and therefore He lied to David. According to you even though He promised these things to David He broke that promise.

Interplanner

You have already been shown the truth about the land promises which will be fulfilled in the future but you reject them. Here is the promise which the LORD made to David in regard to the land:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"!

And the LORD promised David that the affliction from the wicked will cease!

Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not been moved from the land and the attacks from the wicked ceased!

The LORD also made it plain that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"
(Ps.89:3,33-35).​

According to your view the LORD did alter this promise He made to David and therefore He lied to David. According to you even though He promised these things to David He broke that promise.

No NT again, hmmm. Why is that?

The change is not a lie. Isaiah says it is an honor. That which was promised to David is given to the Servant for his amazing sacrifice. The promise was the enthronement through the resurrection, which David foresaw in Acts 2's comments. You miss all that because you think you are the authority on the OT and God apart from the NT.

Jerry Shugart

That which was promised to David is given to the Servant for his amazing sacrifice.

Again, the LORD said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David. You say that He did in fact alter those promises!

You prove over and over that you cannot deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN!

Interplanner

I deal with the NT use of the OT AS IT (the NT) IS WRITTEN! I definitely take it over your view of a given OT passage, anyday.

SaulToPaul 2

Why an earthly kingdom? Because it was promised and the last Adam will do what the first Adam failed.
Believe the prophets.

:idunno:

1 Cor 15
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Danoh

:idunno:

1 Cor 15
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Yep :thumb:

Interplanner

Just a courtesy reminder to STP, if he wants to save his effort:

I don't respond to you directly and have had you on ignore for a month now because of the non-communicative way you discuss things.

If I find someone else has found something worth responding to in your posts, and quotes it, I'll have a look at it.

SaulToPaul 2

Just a courtesy reminder to STP, if he wants to save his effort:

I don't respond to you directly and have had you on ignore for a month now because of the non-communicative way you discuss things.

If I find someone else has found something worth responding to in your posts, and quotes it, I'll have a look at it.

My job is to expose you as a fraud.