Swine Sausage - Sin?

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
It is kinda strange reading that Christians are ok with the idea of eating non-kosher meat even though there were food requirements given to gentiles, by the council of Jerusalem. Yep, they were 'requirements'. Yet Paul agreeing to the disciples to their faces, eventually went and taught that you can eat whatcha want. Not only that but it's against Paul's doctrine to see them as 'requirements' that impinge on your salvation, but that is precisely why they were coined requirements by the disciples..this is the watered down yet still important Law to the gentiles. Enjoy the ham sandwich that Peter, James and John do not approve of. If you realise that you can't eat these foods, you have to also be honest and accept the blatant truth that occurs many times in Paul's letters, that Paul is ok with you eating the likes of ham (providing it doesn't offend someone, or give off the impression to weak dumb believers that by eating food sacrificed to idols, that you're partaking in this eating as a part of idolatrous worship).

Ben Masada

That goes without saying. You need to come out of the obsolete Judaic belief system.

Jesus told the Jews to repent and believe the gospel of the kingdom which is built on him, not Moses.

No! Jesus implied in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that if we don't want to end up in hell-fire, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. Please, read Luke 16:29-31. It is all in there. This is no obsolete Judaic belief system but right out of the lips of Jesus himself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not only that but it's against Paul's doctrine to see them as 'requirements' that impinge on your salvation, but that is precisely why they were coined requirements by the disciples..this is the watered down yet still important Law to the gentiles.

The Law of Moses was for the people of Jacob. Paul said the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Out of respect for Jesus I follow his dietary restrictions, but most people don't.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No! Jesus implied in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that if we don't want to end up in hell-fire, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law.

This is a parable of the Jews and Gentiles.

The Jews believed they were rich spiritually, but Jesus was telling the Jews I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire that you may be rich, and white garments that you may be clothed that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and anoint your eyes with eye salve that you may see. But many Jews didn't listen.

Jesus stands at the door and knocks, are you ready to listen?

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
The Law of Moses was for the people of Jacob. Paul said the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Out of respect for Jesus I follow his dietary restrictions, but most people don't.

The 10 commandments still apply to Christians and salvation does actually depend on them. Paul said that x, y, z i.e adulterers, thieves etc. will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
The Law for kosher however, applies for gentiles. This cannot be understated. The council of Jerusalem branded these requirements and foods they should abstain from, and it was further reiterated in Acts 21.
My original point was that sure, Paul did stay this, and that's a problem.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned

You are pious for doing so!
The 10 commandments still apply to Christians and salvation does actually depend on them. Paul said that x, y, z i.e adulterers, thieves etc. will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
The Law for kosher however, applies for gentiles. This cannot be understated. The council of Jerusalem branded these requirements and foods they should abstain from, and it was further reiterated in Acts 21.
My original point was that sure, Paul did stay this, and that's a problem.

Edit: Did a double post somehow, just to say you are pious for doing so. That's me going out of my way for you, Jamie lol

JonahofAkron

He had dinner early night on the 14th and then died on the day of the 14th aka the preparation day.

Notice in Matthew 27:62 He is already dead which is the next day.

Mat 27:62 On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate,

I'm not sure how it is sliced, but if the most important claim of Messiah is sinlessness, He had to live out all of the commands applicable-including Passover.

achduke

I'm not sure how it is sliced, but if the most important claim of Messiah is sinlessness, He had to live out all of the commands applicable-including Passover.

I am absolutely sure he was sinless. But if he died as the Passover Lamb and did not make it to that one Passover how would that be a sin?

Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Notice Christ says he desired to eat the Passover with them. Did he actually eat the Passover with them or was it his desire. We know he ate at the last supper but was this indeed the Passover meal?

iouae

Jamie might not believe in a literal Tree of Life or a literal river from the throne of God, but he believes in literal dietary laws. Well done for having his priorities right, and taking literally the things we should do.

Reactions: Lon

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are pious for doing so!

Not pious, just considerate of Jesus' beliefs. If Jesus wouldn't eat it then as his physical sanctuary I don't serve it to him.

Jesus is holy and God defined what is holy and what is unholy with regard to food.

Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths so that I am profaned among them. (Ezekiel 22:26 NKJV)​

We are now the priests of God and of Christ.

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 NKJV)​

I don't want God saying the same thing about me as he said about his Levitical priests. They were unholy.

iouae

Not pious, just considerate of Jesus' beliefs. If Jesus wouldn't eat it then as his physical sanctuary I don't serve it to him.

Jesus is holy and God defined what is holy and what is unholy with regard to food.

Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths so that I am profaned among them. (Ezekiel 22:26 NKJV)​

We are now the priests of God and of Christ.

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 NKJV)​

I don't want God saying the same thing about me as he said about his Levitical priests. They were unholy.

And obviously you keep the Sabbath too. No kosher food eater does not keep a Sabbath?

iouae

And by the same logic, Christ rested on the Sabbath. We are part of His body. By Christians resting on the Sabbath one is continuing the tradition of Christ resting on the Sabbath.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And by the same logic, Christ rested on the Sabbath. We are part of His body. By Christians resting on the Sabbath one is continuing the tradition of Christ resting on the Sabbath.

Yes, the seventh day of the week was appointed as a day of rest at the creation of the earth for humans.

Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (Genesis 2:3 NKJV)​

Moses didn't invent the weekly Sabbath, God did long before Moses.

iouae

Yes, the seventh day of the week was appointed as a day of rest at the creation of the earth for humans.

Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (Genesis 2:3 NKJV)​

Moses didn't invent the weekly Sabbath, God did long before Moses.

Resting on the Sabbath is a blessing to mankind.
As you say, it was instituted by God at creation.
Only those who have kept it appreciate it.

Lon

I may have to do that. Could you ask me some questions to get that answer ball rolling? I'm wondering what concerns need the most specific attention.
Will try: "What does 1 John say, that would help me understand God's expectation of me, as a gentile and my life as a believer?"

Ben Masada

This is a parable of the Jews and Gentiles.

The Jews believed they were rich spiritually, but Jesus was telling the Jews I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire that you may be rich, and white garments that you may be clothed that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and anoint your eyes with eye salve that you may see. But many Jews didn't listen.

Jesus stands at the door and knocks, are you ready to listen?

That's a non-sequitur Jamie. It has nothing to do with the parable Jesus came out with about the endless state of the Law as the reason to prevent hell-fire. If you want to try again, I am still willing to hear what you have to say. The text is in Luke 16:29-31.