Sup TOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondserventofX

Sup TOL,

After lurking through the threads I found the content and discussion on this board to my liking, hopefully I can contribute a little to the discussion on this board. Mostly I see this as a great opportunity to commune to with fellow believers. :D

A bit of background information on me for those who care:

I'm double majoring in Biblical & Theological Studies, and History at a private university in the Northwest. I haven't quite decided where and how far I'm going to go with this passion, thats up to God.

I come from a Southern Baptist background, and have since been in a mostly non-denominational atmosphere here in Portland. However I have been studying the Orthodox Tradition, and have been meditating on the need for Tradition in face of current christian movements which I believe are aberrant in nature.

As for as theology is concerned... well, you'll find out soon enough...:D

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sup TOL,

After lurking through the threads I found the content and discussion on this board to my liking, hopefully I can contribute a little to the discussion on this board. Mostly I see this as a great opportunity to commune to with fellow believers. :D

A bit of background information on me for those who care:

I'm double majoring in Biblical & Theological Studies, and History at a private university in the Northwest. I haven't quite decided where and how far I'm going to go with this passion, thats up to God.

I come from a Southern Baptist background, and have since been in a mostly non-denominational atmosphere here in Portland. However I have been studying the Orthodox Tradition, and have been meditating on the need for Tradition in face of current christian movements which I believe are aberrant in nature.

As for as theology is concerned... well, you'll find out soon enough...:D

Howdy BSOX...

Welcome, welcome.

Pull up a rock and stay a while. Care for a biscuit? Cup of coffee?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

:e4e:

Last edited:

ghost

Hall of Fame
Why do we need either one?

BondserventofX

Uh, oh!:plain:

I laughed out loud when I read that. I'm sure this board has a few 7 point calvinists, so I suppose I should expect the good ol' Providence of God vs. Free argument to pop up in a Christian Forum. It seems that pseudo-intellectuals are fine to content themselves haggling over maters beyond human perception.

I go to a Christian University, I'm pretty used to such things by now.:p

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I laughed out loud when I read that. I'm sure this board has a few 7 point calvinists, so I suppose I should expect the good ol' Providence of God vs. Free argument to pop up in a Christian Forum. It seems that pseudo-intellectuals are fine to content themselves haggling over maters beyond human perception.

I go to a Christian University, I'm pretty used to such things by now.:p

Good! Laughter is our friend! :wave:

Dena

Hi and welcome. I come from a Southern Baptist background as well (converting to Judaism now). See you around.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL. I was reading the board a bit before a I joined myself. I was instantly hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.