Summit Clock Experiment 2.0: Time is Absolute

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This from a Walt Brown fan.
Another Darwinist with nothing to contribute.

A "test" of relativity does not establish it as reality and there is no "proof" of the idea.

These things I say are presented as true. If you don't like them, present something rational to counter them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Wow.
This is like Bell's theorem type stuff right here, right? Where Bell's theorem distinguishes between Newtonian and quantum physics, mercury's melting point distinguishes between relativistic quantum and non-relativistic quantum, right?
It is relativity that correctly predicts that because of their very high velocity, electrons actually become more massive, and this is what leads to, from the article...
one of the most conspicuous examples of relativity
Mercury being a liquid at room temperature is predicted only by relativity, and not by quantum by itself. Also, gold's color is predicted only by relativity.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mercury being a liquid at room temperature is predicted only by relativity, and not by quantum by itself. Also, gold's color is predicted only by relativity.
Nope.

And we would be justified in rejecting your assertion even without knowing of an alternative theory.

gcthomas

Nope.

And we would be justified in rejecting your assertion even without knowing of an alternative theory.

Surely you should know how the word 'predict' is used in science to refer to a derivation from theory that can be tested (refuted or supported) by observation or experiment.

Do you ever do anything other than play silly word games? Try engaging constructively with the discussion for once.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I usually have Stripe on ignore as he is just a troll. He has never knowingly contributed anything positive to a science based thread. :nono:
I'm still pretty impressed that when relativistic effects of the mass of electrons is taken into consideration, that the color of gold, and melt point of mercury is accurately predicted.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Surely you should know how the word 'predict' is used in science to refer to a derivation from theory that can be tested (refuted or supported) by observation or experiment.
We know you're desperate to avoid the relevant challenges you've been issued, so we might be willing to engage on side issues while you prepare something sensible to contribute.

However, your side issues are nonsense.

How about you read what I said again and try something rational in response, because this rubbish is nothing but a sad attempt to assert your primacy.

Do you ever do anything other than play silly games?
The central claim he made — although he left off the "therefore" — was that relativity alone could predict the behavior of mercury.

This is patently false, even without knowing another idea that could provide such a prediction.

Your attempt to mock my understanding of a word shows that you spent no time trying to comprehend me, just as you spent no time attempting a rational response to the request to establish relativity, or even name Einstein's paper that claimed to do so.

Try engaging constructively with the discussion for once. :up:

gcthomas

Bryant is a senior VP for Wells Fargo with a background in software development and business, and he thinks he has debunked Relativity with a self-published book.

Don't you think there is a reason he couldn't find a publisher, or any third-rate science journal, to accept his musings? In the book extracts I've seen, he discusses the Twin Paradox as if it is a Special Relativity issue without a solution, entirely unaware that the Twin Paradox is solved using General Relativity. Are we supposed to take this sort of uneducated crank serioiusly?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bryant is a senior VP for Wells Fargo with a background in software development and business, and he thinks he has debunked Relativity with a self-published book.

Yep.

Did you have something rational to contribute?

Don't you think there is a reason he couldn't find a publisher, or any third-rate science journal, to accept his musings? In the book extracts I've seen, he discusses the Twin Paradox as if it is a Special Relativity issue without a solution, entirely unaware that the Twin Paradox is solved using General Relativity. Are we supposed to take this sort of uneducated crank serioiusly?

You can respond however you like, once you've read the book. Or you can just ignore him and assume all is well with what you believe. Just don't pretend you've presented a serious case against his.

Darwinists.

gcthomas

Yep.

Did you have something rational to contribute?

You can respond however you like, once you've read the book. Or you can just ignore him and assume all is well with what you believe. Just don't pretend you've presented a serious case against his.

Darwinists.

Why don't you tell is what the most convincing part of the book is and we'll go from there, since you raised it. From the author's web site and the fawning book reviews from his crank web site friends I can't see anything of value. Enlighten me.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you tell is what the mosr convincing party of the book is and well go from there, since you raised it. From the author's web site and the floating book reviews from his crank web site friends I can't see anything of value. Enlighten me.
Why doesn't User Name explain himself instead of posting links?