Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
... I love women !!!

One wouldn't know by the messages you send me.

patrick jane - hi honey

patrick jane - hey dubya. who loves ya babe ?

patrick jane -I love you Acw

patrick jane - hey babe

Etc. etc. etc.

While most people wouldn't put up with the above, I know that you're an extremely sick person (psychologically, spiritually and physically) who is crying out for spiritual and psychological help.

I hope that you get it before your health issues get the better of you.

genuineoriginal

congratulations!

you've just made the argument for societal acceptance of pedophilia :first:

At least you haven't made the connection with the OP that some people that make a lot of fuss claiming that they hate pedophiles are closet pedophiles themselves.
(There seems to be some headlines collaborating this).

alwight

So, it could just perhaps be that someone, say oh I don't know, aCW for example, with a strong conservative Christian fundie paternal influence throughout his formative years, since indeed he does say that his father was very much around, ...unlike mine apparently (he somehow just knows these kinds of things. :liberals:), who could have had the fear of God installed in him anyway even if he wasn't attracted to the same sex, but who unfortunately enough did have a latent SSA which quickly became apparent must be suppressed at all costs else risk the terrible wrath of his fundie father, who in order not to be suspected of having a SSA decided to present an image of himself as a complete homophobic bigot to the world and thereby meet with the approval of his father. .... :think:
:idea:

It all makes sense!

PureX

'Stockholm Syndrome' as it relates to tyrannical anti-gay parents (captors) raising a latently gay child (captive). I can see that happening, easily.

zoo22

Here's a link to PBS's interactive version of the Wright, Adams and Bernat homophobia scale:

Wright, Adams and Bernat homophobia scale

The test is inaccurate.

If you strongly agree with "20. Homosexual behavior should not be against the law," you are rated as being more homophobic than if you strongly disagree.

There may be other problems with it, this is the only one I verified.

Okay, thanks for your brain-like-a-whip input. But I'd included a key to scoring in a previous post (link)...

Many of the answers are reverse scored.

Since I pointed out your mistake in your "verification" that the test is inaccurate, have you taken the test?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
For a guy that is, "less than" you sure act pompous. You're like
an ant trying to bully a Bengal Tiger.

giantant.jpg

zoo22

Is Some Homophobia Self-phobia?

"Anti-gay Bias Linked to Lack of Awareness of One's Sexual Orientation and Authoritarian Parenting, Study Shows"

Homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and who grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desires, a series of psychology studies demonstrates.

The study is the first to document the role that both parenting and sexual orientation play in the formation of intense and visceral fear of homosexuals, including self-reported homophobic attitudes, discriminatory bias, implicit hostility towards gays, and endorsement of anti-gay policies. Conducted by a team from the University of Rochester, the UniversitIs Some Homophobia Self-phobia? y of Essex, England, and the University of California in Santa Barbara, the research will be published the April issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

Full article

zoo22

Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal?

Although the causes of homophobia are unclear, several psychoanalytic explanations have emerged from the idea of homophobia as an anxiety-based phenomenon. One psychoanalytic explanation is that anxiety about the possibility of being or becoming a homosexual may be a major factor in homophobia. For example, de Kuyper (1993) has asserted that homophobia is the result of the remnants of homosexuality in the heterosexual resolution of the Oedipal conflict. Whereas these notions are vague, psychoanalytic theories usually postulate that homophobia is a result of repressed homosexual urges or a form of latent homosexuality. Latent homosexuality can be defined as homosexual arousal which the individual is either unaware of or denies (West, 1977). Psychoanalysts use the concept of repressed or latent homosexuality to explain the emo- tional malaise and irrational attitudes displayed by some indi- viduals who feel guilty about their erotic interests and struggle to deny and repress homosexual impulses. In fact, West ( 1977, p. 202) stated, "when placed in a situation that threatens to excite their own unwanted homosexual thoughts, they over- react with panic or anger." Slaby (1994) contended that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex Oriented, but it usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have ditficulty integrating their homosexual feelings or activity. The relationship between homophobia and latent homosexuality has not been empirically investigated and is one of the purposes of the present study

full article

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
angel nudges the bait with her nose...

will zoo jerk the line, thinking he's setting the hook?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
From your article:

:rapture:

You must understand that in the upside down topsy-turvy world of people like zoo22 and annadettenni, people who defend sexual perversion are the normal people and those who want to help the sexually deviant, be it through legislating righteous laws or one on one Christian witnessing are the closeted fags*.

*My apologies to annannedditti for using the word "fag", I meant to use the word "buggerite".

zoo22

From your article:

The relationship between homophobia and latent homosexuality has not been empirically investigated

:rapture:

... Are you serious?

The full sentence is:

TOL_sentence.png

"The relationship between homophobia and latent homosexuality has not been empirically investigated and is one of the purposes of the present study."

It's a pretty dishonest place for you to have cut the sentence in half. I don't see how anyone could possibly deny that.

Anyway. No point in bothering with this... You're obviously not interested in having an honest conversation about it, and I can find better ways to waste my time than correcting dishonest manipulations like that.

If you made a genuine mistake, I apologize, but I don't see how you could have missed reading the full sentence.

Last edited:

alwight

zoo might have to build a new closet for all the homophobes posting in this thread, as it appears that the current one is getting full.
The chances are that they are just homophobic, not necessarily all repressed homosexuals scared of their fathers, but I suppose it could be possible perhaps? :think: