Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i argued years ago, that if everyone was gay, mankind would be gone in about a hundred years. then test tube babies, cloning etc. bottom line, IMO, it is never genetic. i detect in many cases an early pattern of "not feeling comfortable", not relating to, the opposite sex. self-esteem, confusion, maybe they want to "feel" better, then they do, so maybe it seems ok ? just opinion, obviously different in each case. i just can't stop relating it to circumstances surrounding the lives of folks, either early or later, and i will never see it as "natural" -

If evolution were true, homos should be extinct.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
On certain things like stealing, lying, hedonism etc then sure. If you're straight then you may well choose to embrace a promiscuous lifestyle but it's always gonna be with the opposite sex. If you can find blokes intimately attractive then that's on you. I can't.

yes, i understand that's the point you been trying to make for what, seventeen years now?

it has no more vailidity now than it had previously

those who wish to embrace sin will find ways to embrace it

Arthur Brain

yes, i understand that's the point you been trying to make for what, seventeen years now?

it has no more vailidity now than it had previously

those who wish to embrace sin will find ways to embrace it

Sure it does if you're straight. I mean you might have some latent homosexual attraction that you could choose to act on but I don't.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well unless 100% of cases of homosexual/bisexuality are down to 'nurture/environment' it's pretty obvious folk are simply wired that way. If you're heterosexual then you could no more "choose" to be gay than become the Eiffel Tower...

It's as though Ellis was expecting "identical twins" to be absolutely utterly identical in every single way...which is fairly ridiculous if you think about it longer than a millisecond.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic

This is the show from Tuesday March 10th, 2015

Summary:

Mark Ellis of GodReports.com discusses his popular article, Identical twin studies prove homosexuality is not genetic. Eight major studies of identical twins in the U.S., Australia, and Europe all conclude that homosexuals were not born that way. Twin registers are growing from many tens of thousands towards record keeping on hundreds of thousands of siblings. Meanwhile, even studies with pro-homosexual authors show that about 90% of men and 86% of women with a homosexual twin sibling are themselves heterosexual. Regardless, to be a liberal, you have to believe that gender is nurture, that homosexuality is nature, and that lesbianism is a lifestyle choice.

See also:

- Newsweek's Lisa Miller on BEL
- Bob Debates Homosexual Activist Wayne Besen
- Focus on the History (of homosexual 'rights')

Did you know also that infertility is genetically inherited?

Arthur Brain

put you in an all male environment, like prison, and you'd go gay

guaranteed

heck, you're british - that makes you half gay already :idunno:

Er, no it isn't guaranteed at all. I figured you'd reach for that strawman and if it held any weight then all people serving long term sentences would have turned at least bi-sexual if only for the duration. They haven't. Even acknowledging that some extreme circumstances can impact on the psyche renders "choice" moot anyway.

Otherwise if you're a heterosexual person your bread is solely buttered on one side only and you could no more "choose" to act on an inclination that isn't even there than you could will yourself to become an ox.

If you think otherwise then you ain't straight, you're bi-sexual at least if you can entertain the thoughts of homosexual intimacy.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Otherwise if you're a heterosexual person your bread is solely buttered on one side only ...

yes, you keep struggling with this concept

the default setting is heterosexuality

sin causes those who choose to engage in it the opportunity to pervert that

just as i choose not to be a murderer, i recognize that i could murder

Arthur Brain

yes, you keep struggling with this concept

the default setting is heterosexuality

sin causes those who choose to engage in it the opportunity to pervert that

just as i choose not to be a murderer, i recognize that i could murder

There's nothing to struggle with. Heterosexuality rules out intimacy with the same gender. If you can entertain the prospect then it's pointless identifying as straight because you aren't. Indulging in lies, stealing, promiscuity even doesn't turn someone gay and you can't "choose" to act on an inclination that simply isn't there.

Arthur Brain

and yet here you are again :sigh:

Because your concept is flawed.

right - that's the normal, default position

homosexuality is a perversion of that position

Well heterosexuality is certainly mine, and as such I'm exclusively attracted to the opposite sex. The prospect of any sort of intimacy, sexually, romantically or otherwise with a man repulses me. So with that being said how could I possibly "choose" to act on an inclination that isn't there and would also make me feel ill?

can you entertain the prospect of becoming a murderer?

If someone killed my loved ones then it could be possible in theory.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Well heterosexuality is certainly mine

good!

that means you're not perverted :thumb:

, and as such I'm exclusively attracted to the opposite sex. The prospect of any sort of intimacy, sexually, romantically or otherwise with a man repulses me.

as much so (I hope) as the thought of becoming a murderer would repulse you

right? :noid:

Arthur Brain

good!

that means you're not perverted :thumb:

It also means it would be impossible for me to "choose" to entertain homosexuality. That's just simply how it is.

as much so (I hope) as the thought of becoming a murderer would repulse you

right? :noid:

I find the notion of homosexuality activity with another man personally repulsive to me. I'm not going to say the same about those who are simply wired differently to myself.

Murder isn't an apt comparison at all, and yes, I find the unlawful taking of life repulsive.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I find the notion of homosexuality activity with another man personally repulsive to me.

I find the notion of murdering another human being personally repulsive to me :idunno:

but I can accept that if I chose to override that repulsion, I could choose to do it

Arthur Brain

I find the notion of murdering another human being personally repulsive to me :idunno:

but I can accept that if I chose to override that repulsion, I could choose to do it

Committing an act and having an inherent sexual orientation are not the same thing, hence where the comparison falls flat.

Say a man returns home to find his wife and children brutally tortured and murdered. Would it be particularly surprising if through the anger, rage and grief stricken loss he entertained murderous thoughts? I wouldn't have said so. He'd have understandable reason for thinking such thoughts even if prior to this the man was repulsed by taking life.

Sexuality doesn't work that way as if it's inherent it simply is. You can choose to lie, steal, murder and commit any number of acts but for a heterosexual the attraction is beyond choice.

Arthur Brain

nobody has an inherent homosexual orientation

the normal default position is heterosexual

everybody is born with this

the perversion of that - that occurs through choice - is homosexual

For you, me, most, I'd say so yes. For everyone then no, as that would mean I could "choose" to change my orientation - which as I've told you is an impossibility for me.