ECT Stock cliches/sound bytes that mean NADA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John, the difference is, is that they knew what they were talking about.

Those who throw words around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding are doing more harm than good.
mirror

I have wondered sometimes that if Jesus had been born today someplace in this USA would he have met with the same reception as he did back in Bethlehem, Jerusalem and the other places he lived and taught and did mighty works?

Would he be accepted by mainstream "Christianity"?

"mainstream" ?

I am not sure, but I am sure
that he would have heard many insults from many who like to throw their weight around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding of scripture.

mirror - no weight though

And maybe he would have run into some who would have sought to murder him because they did not like his "take" on scripture.

He would have branded as a cult leader, heretic, etc., like he was by the religious elite.

by you ?

Enjoy your elite religious status John.

he does enjoy hunting wolves . but are you comparing yourself to Jesus ? in a subtle way you are, maybe you didn't mean to. if i recall, you deny the Trinity ?

I am not sure . . but I am sure - since Jesus told Paul what to preach and write, He would be rightly dividing His Word. like john w and many MAD folks -

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

he does enjoy hunting wolves . but are you comparing yourself to Jesus ? in a subtle way you are, maybe you didn't mean to. if i recall, you deny the Trinity ?

I am not sure . . but I am sure - since Jesus told Paul what to preach and write, He would be rightly dividing His Word. like john w and many MAD folks -

It is not so subtle. He truly believes since Jesus was only a man we can rise to do and to be the same as Him...that is the core of his religion. It is the perfect man concept and is OPPOSITE to revelation.

Christ has not come to make us perfect in the natural man, the flesh He put away at the cross. He did not come as exemplar but as Saviour, He did not come to teach how to be sons and daughters but to re-create us according to the inner man as sons and daughters.

It is in fact the world church concept. And it is antichrist. We are made perfect in God's reckoning only.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not so subtle. He truly believes since Jesus was only a man we can rise to do and to be the same as Him...that is the core of his religion. It is the perfect man concept and is OPPOSITE to revelation.

Christ has not come to make us perfect in the natural man, the flesh He put away at the cross. He did not come as exemplar but as Saviour, He did not come to teach how to be sons and daughters but to re-create us according to the inner man as sons and daughters.

It is in fact the world church concept. And it is antichrist. We are made perfect in God's reckoning only.

Although we clash/disagree often, TL, "...thou has well said...." in your post(survey Exodus...John)!

oatmeal

Is not Jesus Christ the standard, the benchmark of what it means for a human to live the truth? to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength? to humbly obey the Father?

Since he is the benchmark for all believing, do you not think you could learn where you stand by those standards?

Did Jesus Christ know scripture? Did he not find where it was written in the scroll of Isaiah in Luke 4 without chapter and verse markings?

Did Jesus Christ live by "it is written"? Did he depend on his own strength to defeat his adversary or did he simply speak what is written?

Was Jesus the Christ humble and honest about who he is and his abilitiies? John 5:30

Was Jesus willing to learn and teach and undo the burdens of others? Matthew 11:28-30, Isaiah 58:6-14

Is not Jesus the perfect example of how to live life to the fullest in love for God and His word?

Do you learn from his example?

Have you chosen him to be lord in your life?

Do I deny the trinity? Have you shown any reason from scripture that I should believe it? I have been on this website for several years and so far no one has shown any compelling evidence for a trinity.

I have Jesus to be a man, not God for over 50 years, in that time no one has shown to me, from scripture any compelling evidence for me to believe that Jesus is God along side his God and Father, who is the Holy Spirit.

Do you deny I Timothy 2:5, Acts 2:22, John 20:31, and hundreds of other scriptures that indicate that Jesus is the son of God a human that obeyed God and did his Father's will not his own.

Jesus is not "God the Son" but as scripture teaches, the son of God, who, by the way, honors his Father and mother

oatmeal

"I'll take scripture."

Such brilliance. Shut up, Christ rejecting loser, as TOL laughs at you, as anyone can spam that stumper, and think, "I showed him a thin or two, Lucy."

People mock those they fear.

Mock on.

Job 21:3 Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on.

I see by your posts, that like Totton, you have no scripture in your heart to share.

You see, I share the scripture

Whereas you have been weighed in the balances and been found wanting.

Tehmill

People mock those they fear.

Mock on.

Job 21:3 Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on.

I see by your posts, that like Totton, you have no scripture in your heart to share.

You see, I twist the scripture

Whereas you have been weighed in the balances and been found wanting.

Fixed it for you