ECT Stock cliches/sound bytes that mean NADA

john w

Hall of Fame
For example, I/we often here this "balanced truth" stumper. "Balanced truth” is an oxymoron, as pertaining to the great spiritual issue, Christianity, as defined in the doctrine contained in Romans-Philemon. “Balanced” means “giving equal play to advocates of all sides of an issue,” providing a forum for others. “Balanced” assumes there are two sides, and that they’re of equal merit. Christianity, that doctrine committed to the apostle Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, and thus, our apostle, by the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ, from heaven(not earth), by revelation, by its nature, is not "balanced", as it excludes all other "religions"(generic sense employed here) as having "an equal play", excludes all forums, rejects this "let's all hold hands and come together ecumenically, lovingly to come to a consensus"',by the law of non contradiction,and marks/identifies/exposes them as false "doctrine", and not the "truth", and false doctrine. It divides.

“Balanced” translated from the "wisdom of the world", into the Christian point of view, Romans-Philemon, is having no point of view, no principle, no moral compass=no spine/vertebrae/backbone=a jellyfish.

Ambassadors for Christ are also soldiers, already enlisted in a spiritual war(2 Timothy 2:3-4 KJV, Eph. 6:12 KJV...), with the word of truth, rightly divided, as our code of conduct. Fight a “fair” war? Nope. Overwhelming force and total defeat of an enemy is the goal. No prisoners, no compromise..........

Are you being fair, John W, with all your mean spirited, meanie, intolerant.......?

Junk “fair.” Shuck “balanced.” These are not scriptural terms, but secular humanist terms. Rightly divide the word of truth. These, respective members of the body of Christ, are our marching orders.

Accept them, as we have, or be declared AWOL-Absent Without The Lord.

Bring on the cliches, sound bytes.....................Let me provide one more:

"Don't you believe the bible?"

Other TOL members have the stage/mic.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For example, I/we often here this "balanced truth," stumper. "Balanced truth” is an oxymoron, as pertaining to the great spiritual issue, Christianity, as defined in the doctrine contained in Romans-Philemon. “Balanced” means “giving equal play to advocates of all sides of an issue,” providing a forum for others. “Balanced” assumes there are two sides, and that they’re of equal merit. Christianity, that doctrine committed to the apostle Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, and thus, our apostle, by the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ, from heaven(not earth), by revelation, by its nature, is not "balanced", as it excludes all other "religions"(generic sense employed here) as having "an equal play", excludes all forums, rejects this "let's all hold hands and come together ecumenically, lovingly to come to a consensus"',by the law of non contradiction,and marks/identifies/exposes them as false "doctrine", and not the "truth", and false doctrine. It divides.

“Balanced” translated from the "wisdom of the world", into the Christian point of view, Romans-Philemon, is having no point of view, no principle, no moral compass=no spine/vertebrae/backbone=a jellyfish.

Ambassadors for Christ are also soldiers, already enlisted in a spiritual war(2 Timothy 2:3-4 KJV, Eph. 6:12 KJV...), with the word of truth, rightly divided, as our code of conduct. Fight a “fair” war? Nope. Overwhelming force and total defeat of an enemy is the goal. No prisoners, no compromise..........

Are you being fair, John W, with all your mean spirited, meanie, intolerant.......?

Junk “fair.” Shuck “balanced.” These are not scriptural terms, but secular humanist terms. Rightly divide the word of truth. These, respective members of the body of Christ, are our marching orders.

Accept them, as we have, or be declared AWOL-Absent Without The Lord.

Bring on the cliches, sound bytes.....................Let me provide one more:

"Don't you believe the bible?"

absolutely, it is spiritual warfare. it seems the premise of "all-inclusive" leads to stagnation and retarded spiritual understanding, instead, being swayed and shifted by "popular" world views and false Christian doctrines/teachings. we find ourselves regressing as opposed to progressing in God's Word. at one time i thought some namecalling was harsh, until i saw - saint john w the great is right - Paul is right God/Christ is right - 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV - 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV

Romans 14:13 KJV -

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Free will."

Redundancy. If it is not free, it is not a will.

Mocking You

Bring on the cliches, sound bytes.

"Why God does some things--It's a mystery."

Favorite sound bite of Calvinists when they can't explain things is "it's a mystery". Things like:

If God commands everyone to repent but doesn't give them the ability to do it, isn't that contradictory, actually cruel?
"It's a mystery."

If God is sovereign over everything and nothing happens without God's decreeing it to happen, doesn't that mean that God is responsible for sin?
"It's a mystery."

If Adam's sin was passed onto all descendants such that all people are sinners and unable to seek God, didn't God cause that condition to become a reality?
"It's a mystery."

If I'm not a Calvinist, don't believe in TULIP and when I die I go to Heaven and meet Calvinists there, does that mean that God predestined me to NOT believe in Reformed theology?
"It's a mystery."

john w

Hall of Fame
"God does not change" bit of sophistry, typically employed by the "Charismatic" nutjobs, to justify(fill in the blank), used by those who assert that he employs the same "methods" with all people, whether it be raising the dead, and the associate ability to raise the dead, the "power from on high, the supernatural sign gifts.............................., the dietary restrictions, ..........................

Of course, those who study, survey the book, and rightly divide the word of truth, and are sane, understand passages such as "I change not..."(Mal. 3:6 KJV), and "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever"(Hebrews 13:8 KJV), "get" that the point of the passages, is the "unchanging" character/attributes of the LORD God.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Why God does some things--It's a mystery."

Favorite sound bite of Calvinists when they can't explain things is "it's a mystery". Things like:

If God commands everyone to repent but doesn't give them the ability to do it, isn't that contradictory, actually cruel?
"It's a mystery."

If God is sovereign over everything and nothing happens without God's decreeing it to happen, doesn't that mean that God is responsible for sin?
"It's a mystery."

If Adam's sin was passed onto all descendants such that all people are sinners and unable to seek God, didn't God cause that condition to become a reality?
"It's a mystery."

If I'm not a Calvinist, don't believe in TULIP and when I die I go to Heaven and meet Calvinists there, does that mean that God predestined me to NOT believe in Reformed theology?
"It's a mystery."

Madonna wrote a song about that. 'Life Is a Mystery' or maybe it's "Like a Prayer", - she'll take you there -

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"There is nowt in the middle of road but dead hedgehogs"....paraphrase

......john w handbook of quotable quotes

Mocking You

"When God closes a door He opens a window."
Not found in scripture.

"God helps those who help themselves."
Not found in scripture.

"God will not put you in circumstances you cannot bear."
Not found in scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
The old reliable, "Bible chopper...You strip(fill in the blank) right out of the bible...Cherry picker........."

Cricket....cricket....cricket........

john w

Hall of Fame
"you child of the devil"

"wolf"

"wolfette"

Vs.

Acts 20:29 KJV For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Matthew 7:15 KJV Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 13:10 KJVand said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

oatmush: typos in the bible

Peekaboooooo...We see you wolf, child of the devil...

oatmeal

Vs.

Acts 20:29 KJV For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Matthew 7:15 KJV Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Acts 13:10 KJVand said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

John, the difference is, is that they knew what they were talking about.

Those who throw words around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding are doing more harm than good.

I have wondered sometimes that if Jesus had been born today someplace in this USA would he have met with the same reception as he did back in Bethlehem, Jerusalem and the other places he lived and taught and did mighty works?

Would he be accepted by mainstream "Christianity"?

I am not sure, but I am sure that he would have heard many insults from many who like to throw their weight around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding of scripture.

And maybe he would have run into some who would have sought to murder him because they did not like his "take" on scripture.

He would have branded as a cult leader, heretic, etc., like he was by the religious elite.

Enjoy your elite religious status John.

john w

Hall of Fame
John, the difference is, is that they knew what they were talking about.

Those who throw words around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding are doing more harm than good.

I have wondered sometimes that if Jesus had been born today someplace in this USA would he have met with the same reception as he did back in Bethlehem, Jerusalem and the other places he lived and taught and did mighty works?

Would he be accepted by mainstream "Christianity"?

I am not sure, but I am sure that he would have heard many insults from many who like to throw their weight around without knowledge, wisdom and understanding of scripture.

And maybe he would have run into some who would have sought to murder him because they did not like his "take" on scripture.

He would have branded as a cult leader, heretic, etc., like he was by the religious elite.

Enjoy your elite religious status John.

Get saved, Christ rejecting perverter of the gospel of Christ, per Galatians 1 KJV ff..

oatmush: typo

Wicked wolf. We are on to you, and shuck your emotional ramblings, which your father, the devil, taught you, when you sat, continue to sit, at his feet.

And quit littering this thread, with your trash, which is your MO, on TOL.

oatmeal

Get saved, Christ rejecting perverter of the gospel of Christ, per Galatians 1 KJV ff..

oatmush: typo

Wicked wolf. We are on to you, and shuck your emotional ramblings, which your father, the devil, taught you, when you sat, continue to sit, at his feet.

And quit littering this thread, with your trash, which is your MO, on TOL.

Like I said, the difference between Jesus and Paul and other believers in scripture is that they knew what they were talking about.

Enjoy your elite status

I'll take scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
Like I said, the difference between Jesus and Paul and other believers in scripture is that they knew what they were talking about.

Enjoy your elite status

I'll take scripture.

"I'll take scripture."

Such brilliance. Shut up, Christ rejecting loser, as TOL laughs at you, as anyone can spam that stumper, and think, "I showed him a thin or two, Lucy."