Steven Crowder - Popular Right Wing Conservative

Interplanner

It's not Prager. It's many, many articles by scientists.

that seems to be your MO. You don't think it is worth anything if it is not your fav source. So why does Patrick Moore do videos for Prager U instead of Nat Geo and CNN?

Danoh

I dont know why Moore does that. You seem (and that "you" includes many here) seem to get really excited when someone with scientific credentials says something you agree with, whether or not it makes any sense.

Maybe he just likes to be different.

All but a few climate scientists agree that the climate is changing, in general becoming warmer. There seems to be no real dispute about that. And all but a few agree that man's impact on that change is substantial and caused primarily by the release of green house gases as a result of industrialization.

Sort of the same as the vast, vast majority of biologists accept evolution as a fact. The vast, vast majority of geologists accept a 4 billion + year old earth and the vast vast majority of astronomers accept a 13 Billion + old universe.
Those who do not are either wackjobs or so wedded to their theology that they are irrational.

I could have sworn IP rightly holds to The Gap Hypothesis (that the Scripture holds to an Earth way older than most within the Religious "Right" conclude).

Then again, the guy often reveals an inconsistency within his views he is ever willfully blind to.

Par for the course in a Trump supporter.

Danoh

It's not Prager. It's many, many articles by scientists.

that seems to be your MO. You don't think it is worth anything if it is not your fav source. So why does Patrick Moore do videos for Prager U instead of Nat Geo and CNN?

That question is not only obviously asked by you from within your ever obvious narrow vacuum, but is asked by you in your hope of sucking another into your same old narrow minded view of what is actually behind such things.

ClimateSanity

And all but a few agree that man's impact on that change is substantial and caused primarily by the release of green house gases as a result of industrialization....Jonahdog

The “97 percent” statistic first appeared prominently in a 2009 study by University of Illinois master’s student*Kendall Zimmerman*and her adviser, Peter Doran. Based on a two-question online survey, Zimmerman and Doran concluded that “the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific bases of long-term climate processes” — even though only 5 percent of respondents, or about 160 scientists, were climate scientists. In fact, the “97 percent” statistic was drawn from an even smaller subset: the 79 respondents who were both self-reported climate scientists*and*had “published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change.” These 77 scientists agreed that global temperatures had generally risen since 1800, and that human activity is a “significant contributing factor.”

And according to a study of 1,868 scientists working in climate-related fields, conducted just this year by thePBL Netherlands Environment Assessment Agency, three in ten respondents said that less than half of global warming since 1951 could be attributed to human activity, or that they did not know.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/425232/97-percent-solution-ian-tuttle

Sent from my XT1254 using TOL mobile app

Interplanner

Crowder is an expert in working back from a conclusion to a set of "evidence", mostly consisting of convenient distortions and exaggerations. It's no surprise you'd like him, but he casts confusion as a trade. He's a disinformer, like Alex Jones but with less garbage to sell.

Find us a disinform about the extent of Islamic conquest. Do you know what the term 'mamluk' means? Slave soldiers. Besides each Islamic family having the legal right to consist of 1 man and 4 wives (in which each wife has only 1/4 the legal power of the husband), they also produce about 30 kids per generation. The mamluk's and the big families was the plan to caliphatize the world.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
And all but a few agree that man's impact on that change is substantial and caused primarily by the release of green house gases as a result of industrialization....Jonahdog

The “97 percent” statistic first appeared prominently in a 2009 study by University of Illinois master’s student*Kendall Zimmerman*and her adviser, Peter Doran. Based on a two-question online survey, Zimmerman and Doran concluded that “the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific bases of long-term climate processes” — even though only 5 percent of respondents, or about 160 scientists, were climate scientists. In fact, the “97 percent” statistic was drawn from an even smaller subset: the 79 respondents who were both self-reported climate scientists*and*had “published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change.” These 77 scientists agreed that global temperatures had generally risen since 1800, and that human activity is a “significant contributing factor.”

And according to a study of 1,868 scientists working in climate-related fields, conducted just this year by thePBL Netherlands Environment Assessment Agency, three in ten respondents said that less than half of global warming since 1951 could be attributed to human activity, or that they did not know.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/425232/97-percent-solution-ian-tuttle

Sent from my XT1254 using TOL mobile app

The Netherlands study is really interesting. I suggest you read the whole thing and not rely on the comments of a kid who writes for National Review.

Interplanner

Jonah,
why should we suddenly forget that there has not been any 'canes for 12 years? In fact the week before Harvey, a Canadian climate geographer prof was interviewed, CBC national radio, that temps are well within normal ranges, but the problem is heat waves. He said this 3x in the first 5 minutes of his 30 min interview. What ever happened to storms and rising sea levels? Yet no one pounced on him for changing the script. So perhaps there is more doubt out there than the elites think.

The elites would be the ones who have declared that 0.1 degree increase in the next 25 years is a crisis for which all western banking is to be altered TODAY.

why should we forget 'Hole in the Wall' glacier at Taku, Alaska, and for that matter, Lake Taku? HinW did not exist in 1900. It now burst sideways from Taku, N. America's largest glacier, and a cross section of it, once you are 'downflow' from the ridge it broke through, is the height and width of downtown Seattle. doesn't sound like receding. Mendenhall is receding, of course, but it is so steep, you can see the whole thing in one view in the bay below. Taku is 45 miles long. HinW is only the size of Mendenhall.

then there is the Lake. The lake existed because, yes, Taku used to extend further in the 1700s. and dammed the huge Taku river. But then in broke through and the lake disappeared. That was early 1800s, quite a ways before internal combusion, you see.

Or there is the ice station at the top of Taku. I don't know what the challenge is within the science community, but every year they get people in there in July, who are totally surprised to find that they are going to spend half of their time at the station just digging out; digging out a glacier that is supposedly a crisis. It has become a local joke around Juneau. The rabid environmentalist arrives from Europe or wherever and month later has infected, blistered hands and back problems when he comes down from the station.

Interplanner

Closer to home, I monitor the Obstruction Point trailhead lakes almost every August (running late this year). They are at 6000 ft in the Olympics and north-facing. From 2008 to 2015 they steadily accumulated ice. One was nearly fully covered. Last year there was a severe drop in snowfall and nearly all accumulation. This year snowfall was 115% of normal, but I haven't made it up yet, hopefully this coming weekend.

By the way, I've read on park notices that a glacier is defined as little as 2 years accumulation that sticks. In that case, there are 4 glaciers there, all growing for those 7 years. But I doubt anyone is going to keep track, because of the elite consensus.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Closer to home, I monitor the Obstruction Point trailhead lakes almost every August (running late this year). They are at 6000 ft in the Olympics and north-facing. From 2008 to 2015 they steadily accumulated ice. One was nearly fully covered. Last year there was a severe drop in snowfall and nearly all accumulation. This year snowfall was 115% of normal, but I haven't made it up yet, hopefully this coming weekend.

By the way, I've read on park notices that a glacier is defined as little as 2 years accumulation that sticks. In that case, there are 4 glaciers there, all growing for those 7 years. But I doubt anyone is going to keep track, because of the elite consensus.
More anecdotal comments.

jsanford108

I have enjoyed Crowder for sometime. At times, his presented info is questionable, but a majority of the time it is accurate.

I enjoy how he always tells people to not accept his information and statics, but to fact check them. I think that is a very honest tactic, showing that he has usually done his homework/research adequately.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
More anecdotal comments.
If they were only aware of global warming in the Dust Bowl era of the 30s, we could have started working to solve the problem back then. Because everyone knows we can fix global warming if we simply spend trillions to create a statistical possibility of a .5 degree difference in a hundred years.

ClimateSanity

Pay attention. It will come to you. But you need to think about it, not just listen to the "experts" who agree with you.
Psy attention to what exactly? I'm waiting for you to make a coherent point.
Since you don't know how to make a point, let me help you out . Your point is that man made carbon dioxide is responsible for all the recent warning. Do you agree that is your point?

Interplanner

A couple counties away from my area in Washington is the North Cascade hiway. Every year they publicize the date on which it finally opens because it is one of the great 'loop' drives of the US. This year was the latest on record of about 60 years, and the feet of snow 51 was also a record. That means the crews finally scraped through that much snow and redistributed it so that cars could get through. I don't know all the mechanics but that area is fed by high pressure cold inland from the arctic which comes down the Fraser river valley to Vancouver and Bellingham.

A few years ago, an astonishing thing happened in the spring further south. Every year on April 1 there is supposed to be a weather service snow pack count that determines a lot of things for Seattle's rivers and water strategy. Amid headline after headline of the climate crisis, the roads were so packed with snow that the survey was called off until May 1, the first time in history.

That same year , a KOMO TV crew went out to interview one of the scientist at his home, but it never happened. The guy was digging out of a late storm in the Cascades and he couldn't get out from his house to go talk to the crew, even though they were able to get pictures of him digging away.

This seems to follow a lot of climate science around, just like snow storms follow Al Gore conferences.