Stereo-typical humor that should be allowed. 

Aimiel

I can tell you for a fact: most all the truck drivers that come into where I work do NOT wash their hands after using the restroom. :vomit:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Who exactly is doing that? Oh, that's right, nobody.

Well, at least you admit (out of one side of your mouth) that there's nothing heroic or exceptionally virtuous about washing one's hands, so, really, what was your point in saying "How about hand washers next?"

What about your saying that did you consider funny? I'm just trying to find out what made you think that what you wrote is funny--you did say that what you wrote was a "facetious reply", no? Why do you feel it would be funny to suggest ridiculing people for washing their hands? What makes such a suggestion seem funny to you?

Arthur Brain

Well, at least you admit (out of one side of your mouth) that there's nothing heroic or exceptionally virtuous about washing one's hands, so, really, what was your point in saying "How about hand washers next?"

What about your saying that did you consider funny? I'm just trying to find out what made you think that what you wrote is funny--you did say that what you wrote was a "facetious reply", no? Why do you feel it would be funny to suggest ridiculing people for washing their hands? What makes such a suggestion seem funny to you?

Wow, you do like to waffle on don't you? Any particular reason to ask the same question over and over again? I admit such out of both sides of my mouth thanks. There's nothing inherently brave or virtuous about taking sensible precautions that are easy enough to do.

What was funny about it? Nothing, that was kinda the point. It was a barb that I didn't think Tiemann would get and sure enough he didn't. There's nothing funny about suggesting people should be mocked for wearing masks either.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I stayed in bed all day yesterday and binge watched season one of Better Call Saul.

I'm a hero!

Lon

Are you kidding? To sell to cognitively retarded folk like you and artie, who are so easily manipulated emotionally by the MSM and the telly?

I'd use wording to scare the hell out of you - you'd be buying one for every room in the house, one for each car, a specially designed one to sit on top of the telly and make you feel safe ... :chuckle:

I had no doubt you were the right choice :)

7djengo7

How about people who try to project themselves as somehow heroic, or exceptionally virtuous, for washing (or at least claiming to wash) their hands?
Who exactly is doing that? Oh, that's right, nobody.

When you stop and think about it, why aren't you doing that? You don't consider it heroic for people to wash their hands? Isn't it supposed to be the case that to wash your hands is to save lives? If you really believe you're saving other peoples' lives by washing your hands, then why don't you consider yourself to be heroic for washing your hands?

Or, wearing a mask--we're told that wearing masks saves lives: https://www.maskssavelives.org. If, by wearing whatever you consider to be a mask, you really believe you're saving other peoples' lives, why would you not consider yourself a hero for wearing it? I recently saw a sign posted on the entrance of my local grocery store that said something to the effect of, "Be someone's hero: wear a mask!" Do you disagree with the people who made this sign? Do you disagree with those sentimental propagandists, when they say that to wear a mask, in public, during this "pandemic", is to be a hero?

chair

When you stop and think about it, why aren't you doing that? You don't consider it heroic for people to wash their hands? Isn't it supposed to be the case that to wash your hands is to save lives? If you really believe you're saving other peoples' lives by washing your hands, then why don't you consider yourself to be heroic for washing your hands?

Or, wearing a mask--we're told that wearing masks saves lives: https://www.maskssavelives.org. If, by wearing whatever you consider to be a mask, you really believe you're saving other peoples' lives, why would you not consider yourself a hero for wearing it? I recently saw a sign posted on the entrance of my local grocery store that said something to the effect of, "Be someone's hero: wear a mask!" Do you disagree with the people who made this sign? Do you disagree with those sentimental propagandists, when they say that to wear a mask, in public, during this "pandemic", is to be a hero?

Taking common sense precautions to protect those around you is, well, common sense. Nothing heroic about it. Nor have I heard people boasting about how heroic they are for wearing a mask or washing their hands.

I'm not even sure why this is an issue.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heroic
exhibiting or marked by courage and daring
supremely noble or self-sacrificing

Arthur Brain

I refer you to Chair's post above this as there's nothing really to add. Oh, and I ain't real interested in engaging with some tedious crackpot of a troll who goes around calling people "Nazi leftards" like a complete idiot.

:e4e:

7djengo7

Taking common sense precautions to protect those around you is, well, common sense. Nothing heroic about it.

Ah, more meaningless slogans, eh.

So, what motivates you to wash your hands, whenever you wash your hands, is your imagination that you are, thereby, "protecting those around you"? That's rich.

Nor have I heard people boasting about how heroic they are for wearing a mask or washing their hands.

Who cares? The question is not whether or not people are boasting under a delusion of heroism. Rather, the question is whether washing one's hands is heroic, and whether wearing a mask is heroic. You, of course, admit that to do such things is not to be a hero. But, you're contradicting many others--at least, as regards mask-wearing--who claim that mask-wearing is heroic. For instance, in the Google search field, I entered, in quotation marks, the phrase, "be a hero", followed by the terms, 'COVID-19' and 'mask', and numerous entries were presented, such as

https://inland360.com/top-headlines/...earing-a-mask/
Masked mentors: You can be a hero too, just by wearing a mask

https://www.facebook.com/slhhn/video...9513198332669/
Be A Hero. Wear A Mask.
You don't have to be a super hero to feel like one! Wear a mask and help slow the spread of COVID-19.

https://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/20...ew/5325403002/
Heroes will sew masks and be brave enough to wear face coverings in public. Courageous business heroes will be those who require their employees to wear masks in all situations and ask their customers to do the same.

Now, as for yoyos such as the people who authored these pieces of stupidity that I have just quoted--you, here, oppose them, by admitting that mask-wearing is not heroic.

You say, "nor have I heard people boasting about how heroic they are for wearing a mask..." But now, you've just seen that some clowns out there are, indeed, trying to appeal to the shallow vanity of their marks, by propagandizing to their marks the idea they will be heroic for wearing masks. So, when you say "nor have I heard people boasting...", really, what point do you feel there is in your saying so?

Why what is an issue?

So, to NOT wear a mask in public, these days--in urban places crawling with Nazi leftard social justice warrior-minded miscreants who will act viciously, like a swarm of murder hornets or a pack of attack dogs, against those who stand out from the collective by refusing to conform to their Nazi leftard hive-mind--is to be heroic! Thank you. :)

Oh....in other words, calling someone "heroic", and calling someone else "not heroic", is completely subjective, eh? Thanks again. :)

Last edited:

7djengo7

I refer you to Chair's post above this as there's nothing really to add. Oh, and I ain't real interested in engaging with some tedious crackpot of a troll who goes around calling people "Nazi leftards" like a complete idiot.

:e4e:

LOL

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Taking common sense precautions to protect those around you is, well, common sense. Nothing heroic about it. Nor have I heard people boasting about how heroic they are for wearing a mask or washing their hands.

Because, as the pandemic rises again, it's vitally important for idiots to convince the public that it's not happening, to save the political lives of politicians who bungled the response.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I stayed in bed all day yesterday and binge watched season one of Better Call Saul.

I'm a hero!

I actually did that. Nine days later my boss texted and asked if I could start back to work early. I was ecstatic :banana: