ECT Speaking in tongues

TweetyBird

Yes. We do have to be very, very careful.

Then why do you promote a free for all and just "let God work it out"? Where is that found in the Scriptures?

When did I say that? I didn't

You implied it - that if one is holy enough, it won't happen to them. I wonder how Peter felt about that when he was corrected by Paul?

My doctrine is the same as Paul's 1 Corinthians 2:2.

Not really. You are pushing a lot of conjecture and calling it Christ crucified.

I am paying attention, TB, but honestly, I really do not know what happened to you do I? Rhetorical question.

You are not paying attention. You keep saying over and over again that we are stating God does not heal today.

TweetyBird

Yes, he did. But I am not Paul and I am not in Mars hill either. Will I preach like him? No.

It was an example. Paul did not leave false beliefs on the table and ignore them. Not ever.

Don't have time for studying movements.

That is why people are deceived.

My ONLY verse in the Bible is Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary. And what a verse it is.

You are presenting a lot of concepts that goes against what is stated in the Bible. Perhaps you should read more than just the one verse.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And you and those just like you just as obviously never notice the three fingers ever pointing back at you; that you take issue when your one-sideness is pointed out.

Like that one Legalist MAD I met years ago.

First word out my mouth - "Hi! :) "

His reply "Of course we know that Paul did not write Hebrews..."

Standing next to him...one of the more well known names within "Mid-Acts."

And the older one gets, the more set in both their nonsense in this, and their blindness to it's fact.

Wanna set em off - point out their obvious bondage to them.

I was at a secular business lunch with a fellow MAD who was then up in his senior years.

A Legalist MAD through and through; out of nowhere, he pulls out his Bible and begins to go into how that "only Paul's Epistles are for us today!"

At a secular business luncheon.

The point?

The problem with such is that they never look at themselves.

Look at how easy it is to set off most of the MADs on TOL.

Merely hold a different view.

No matter how you post it -soft or hard.

No matter how seemingly insignificant.

Right off, the TOL Legalist MAD Club most (not all) MADs on TOL are obviously members off - are all over the individual.

So blind to their would be bondage on others, that to point it out to them is to find them one's enemy...

Even as they not only go on and on in their same "one for all, and all for one" nonsense, but ask what it is one is going on about them...

At the same time that they attempt to bait such an individual into their own mess with them even further..

But whistle blowers have always been concluded enemies by those they had once believed were their own :chuckle:

History shows I am in good company...

I see you're still at war with all of us dastardly "MADs."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What good would it do? Would my back and forth give God His due glory, and power, and honor? Don't think so.

And you are God and you have the power to PROVE to the person claiming to speak in tongues, e.g., that he/she is deceived and you just made a Christian enemy.

You want to work on that freeway, please have at.

Did the people at Pentecost and AFTER provided any PROOF or were asked to PROVE that what was happening to them was of God?

Did Paul ask for PROOF in Acts 19:6? How DARE Paul intentionally impose his hands 'forcing' them to speak in tongues? How dare Paul do that.

Did Peter and John ask for PROOF in Acts 8:17?

Emphasis on PROOF.

You have some fine backup. Danoh will come to your rescue, just blow your Bugle and he'll be there to stave off us nasty "MADs." We "Truthbearers" can be such a nuisance at times. Especially to those who seek to spread false doctrine.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never investigated either case.
There have been many who have investigated, and all cases turned out to be fraudulent.

And it is probably the reason you now see so many refuse to have their tongues tested.

I believe the Holy Spirit will make it obvious.
How? You know how the Holy Spirit speaks to you, I would hope.
OK, let's talk about this.

If it is the Holy Spirit that makes it obvious, then it would be obvious to anyone with the Holy Spirit.
But it's not. (I mean, you and I both have the Holy Spirit, and yet neither of us can say it is obvious that anyone speaking in this unknown tongue actually are.
And the only ones that claim it is obvious is due to their own feelings.

So let's be clear ......
Anyone can babble unintelligibly. ANYONE (believers and non-believers alike).
So, obviously it does not take the Holy Spirit to babble unintelligibly.
Or in other words, no outside influence is needed to babble unintelligibly.

So how can babbling unintelligibly be any sign at all to anyone?????
It can't, nor should it, because it is nothing that is supernatural.

What IS supernatural is to speak a foreign language that you have never learned, and that others that do know that language can understand completely.
But this is never the "tongues" that folks today claim to have.

Long story short ...... the tongue talkers today are doing nothing supernatural at all.
But they are fearful to test it, because the elated "feeling" they get is pleasurable to them and they do not wish to disturb that hidden pleasure which is nothing more than a physical reaction that all babblers (believer or unbeliever) feel.

Danoh

You have some fine backup. Danoh will to your rescue, just blow your Bugle and he'll be there to stave off us nasty "MADs." We "Truthbearers" can be such a nuisance at times. Especially to those who seek to spread false doctrine.

You and yours are some very self-deluded individuals.

I have ALWAYS backed up those points I agree with, whether the individual holds to MAD, or not.

For I have never belonged to the insistent, ever one-sided Legalist Mad Club of SOME even BEFORE I EVER knew of any of you and your Legalist MAD.

Never...

Even when I use strong words in my posts to a GT or an Interplanner; I still give them each credit where and when said credit is due.

It is time you examine yourselves; you live for strife in the guise of your assertion that you are all about the gospel of the grace if God.

Where is this grace you speak of where?

It is simply not there.

Rather; yours is the same old cult like "with us against them; but never against us, or else!" nonsense that all cults are known for.

MOST MADs are NOTHING like this one sided, Elitist Legalist MAD Club of yours.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You and yours are some very self-deluded individuals.

I have ALWAYS backed up those points I agree with, whether the individual holds to MAD, or not.

For I have never belonged to the insistent, ever one-sided Legalist Mad Club of SOME even BEFORE I EVER knew of any of you and your Legalist MAD.

Never...

Even when I use strong words in my posts to a GT or an Interplanner; I still give them each credit where and when said credit is due.

It is time you examine yourselves; you live for strife in the guise of your assertion that you are all about the gospel of the grace if God.

Where is this grace you speak of where?

It is simply not there.

Rather; yours is the same old cult like "with us against them; but never against us, or else!" nonsense that all cults are known for.

MOST MADs are NOTHING like this one sided, Elitist Legalist MAD Club of yours.

You seem to have a bad case of what's called PARANOIA. Perhaps you need therapy and medication? There's something desperately wrong with you and I for one, don't want you on my side fighting in the trenches against false doctrine/false gospels.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But whistle blowers have always been concluded enemies by those they had once believed were their own :chuckle:
Your own whistle has been blowing a steady high pitched noise lately.

TOL is one of the few major sites around that actually focuses on and encourages discussion of MAD doctrine.
TOL should have been a welcomed paradise for you.

Instead, you come here with the attitude that the rest of us need to catch up with your brilliance and wisdom on the subject to have understanding.
And go on to personally point to others as being 'wrong, or an elite MAD club that is not seeking truth, but just their own agenda, or being cultish, etc'.

I may have 3 fingers pointing back at me.
But you have all 10 fingers pointing outwards to others.
Think you're starting to use you toes too.

I may start using all my fingers and toes to point at you!
Mine are manicured and painted with a soft pink tint.
desismileys_2727.gif

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your own whistle has been blowing a steady high pitched noise lately.

TOL is one of the few major sites around that actually focuses on and encourages discussion of MAD doctrine.
TOL should have been a welcomed paradise for you.

Instead, you come here with the attitude that the rest of us need to catch up with your brilliance and wisdom on the subject to have understanding.
And go on to personally point to others as being 'wrong, or an elite MAD club that is not seeking truth, but just their own agenda, or being cultish, etc'.

I may have 3 fingers pointing back at me.
But you have all 10 fingers pointing outwards to others.
Think you're starting to use you toes too.

I may start using all my fingers and toes to point at you!
Mine are manicured and painted with a soft pink tint.
desismileys_2727.gif

Amen, Sister Tam

Danoh

You seem to have a bad case of what's called PARANOIA. Perhaps you need therapy and medication? There's something desperately wrong with you and I for one, don't want you on my side fighting in the trenches against false doctrine/false gospels.

Yep; point out things to cultists and "paranoid" is one of their many accusations.

Hitler accusing his Generals of "paranoia" when they began to point out the obvious to everyone but him.

Enron executives accusing those of their own who blew the whistle on them.

What organized crime refers to as a rat, when one of their own goes "straight."

History is on my side.

You and yours are obviously not as extreme as the following towards one of their former, one-sided "club" members; but one-sided extremists you certainly are...

Acts 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ. 9:23 And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:

Paranoid of what? Of one-sided Legalist MADs - yeah; okay :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Tam has spoken the honest truth of the matter. We "MADs" need to stick together. We have within us the Holy Spirit and the "Grace Gospel" to spread to the world. I might add, the ONLY Gospel in existence today in this Dispensation of Grace. Get on board Danoh or get out of the way. "The Grace Gospel Express" is going full throttle and full speed ahead.