ECT Speaking in tongues is ALWAYS worship.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking in tongues is ALWAYS worship.

Throughout the book of Acts, the believers always spoke in tongues glorifying God after the Holy Spirit fell upon them.

Never at any time was the gospel preached by tongues speaking.

I do not see any two kinds of tongues in any other books either, when speaking of the gift.

Tongues were a sign to unbelievers so they were not something necessarily private either.

The worship of the Father in Spirit and in truth does not rule out worship in ones own language, but much so called worship comes from the flesh and not from being filled with the Spirit.

The beat of the jungle , and the repeating of the same phrases over and over in song, are not the sounds one will hear in Heaven, nor on earth in true worship.

Leading people to worship does not require loud noise and amplifier equipment.

Most public meetings of believers (they are evangelical) who speak in tongues are not the meetings of the saints described by Paul in 1 Cor.ch s 12-14.

The Spirit of Heaven---

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

LA

DAN P

Throughout the book of Acts, the believers always spoke in tongues glorifying God after the Holy Spirit fell upon them.

I do not see any two kinds of tongues in any other books either, when speaking of the gift.
/QUOTE]

Hi and and that LYING KJV in Acts 2:8-13 that the Holy Spirit wrote is wrong !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Hi and and that LYING KJV in Acts 2:8-13 that the Holy Spirit wrote is wrong !!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

DAN P

Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Hi , so explain your POINT for the MOOT things that you wrote ??:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

oatmeal

Tongues were a sign to unbelievers so they were not something necessarily private either.

The worship of the Father in Spirit and in truth does not rule out worship in ones own language, but much so called worship comes from the flesh and not from being filled with the Spirit.

The beat of the jungle , and the repeating of the same phrases over and over in song, are not the sounds one will hear in Heaven, nor on earth in true worship.

Leading people to worship does not require loud noise and amplifier equipment.

Most public meetings of believers (they are evangelical) who speak in tongues are not the meetings of the saints described by Paul in 1 Cor.ch s 12-14.

The Spirit of Heaven---

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

LA

Speaking in tongues is that true worship that Jesus Christ spoke of in

John 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

DAN P

Speaking in tongues is that true worship that Jesus Christ spoke of in

John 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Hi , and just where is Languages /GLOSSA mentioned in John 4:24 ??:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

themuzicman

Paul clearly states that all tongues must be spoken in order and must be interpreted. Even in Acts 2, those speaking in other tongues were understood by those who heard the glory of God preached.

If your tongues aren't being interpreted, you're doing it wrong, and Paul instructs you to remain silent.

Interplanner

Its more than that muzicman,
it is a sign to unbelieving members of Judaism that God's mission really was going to the nations. See the 3 instances in Acts and then the fact that Paul reminds us of this in 1 Cor 14 when quoting Isaiah. Even though at Corinth there was something else going on that was just private or ecstatic or personal! He still reminds them that the purpose is a sign to Jews of God's real mission. Even Peter needed to see that to be reminded. (You could say it didn't work because years later he had to be confronted by Paul, Gal 2).

themuzicman

Its more than that muzicman,
it is a sign to unbelieving members of Judaism that God's mission really was going to the nations. See the 3 instances in Acts and then the fact that Paul reminds us of this in 1 Cor 14 when quoting Isaiah. Even though at Corinth there was something else going on that was just private or ecstatic or personal! He still reminds them that the purpose is a sign to Jews of God's real mission. Even Peter needed to see that to be reminded. (You could say it didn't work because years later he had to be confronted by Paul, Gal 2).

But what was going on at Corinth wasn't of God and needed to be corrected.

Interplanner

That's right. It don't know if 'not of God' is the word for it; it would be safer to say it was not the sign that expected for unbelieving followers of Judaism.

I just met another person this week who became a Christian through the sharp rebuke of a Pentecostal friend. When she believed, she also had a 'musical language' experience. But she also immediately made huge changes in her life sexually etc. Given that her subsequent behavior was truly changed, I'm not prepared to say it was not from God. One day she'll read I Cor 14 more rationally and realize that it is a child-phase experience and also that it is not what the cases in Acts were.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking in tongues without an interpreter is UNBIBLICAL, sorry everyone

Only so in the gathering of the church.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Who interpreted the tongues of Acts ch 2?

LA

JFish123

Only so in the gathering of the church.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Who interpreted the tongues of Acts ch 2?

LA

First Corinthians 14:13-17 indicates that praying in tongues is also to be interpreted. As a result, it seems that praying in tongues was offering a prayer to God. This prayer would minister to someone who spoke that language, but would also need to be interpreted so that the entire body could be edified.

This interpretation does not agree with those who view praying in tongues as a prayer language. This alternate understanding can be summarized as follows: praying in tongues is a personal prayer language between a believer and God (1 Corinthians 13:1) that a believer uses to edify himself (1 Corinthians 14:4).
This interpretation is unbiblical for the following reasons:
1) How could praying in tongues be a private prayer language if it is to be interpreted (1 Corinthians 14:13-17)?
2) How could praying in tongues be for self-edification when Scripture says that the spiritual gifts are for the edification of the church, not the self (1 Corinthians 12:7)?
3) How can praying in tongues be a private prayer language if the gift of tongues is a “sign to unbelievers” (1 Corinthians 14:22)?
4) The Bible makes it clear that not everyone possesses the gift of tongues (1 Corinthians 12:11, 28-30). How could tongues be a gift for self-edification if not every believer can possess it? Do we not all need to be edified?

Some understand praying in tongues to be a “secret code language” that prevents Satan and his demons from understanding our prayers and thereby gaining an advantage over us. This interpretation is unbiblical for the following reasons:
1) The New Testament consistently describes tongues as a human language, and Satan and his demons are well able to understand human languages.
2) The Bible records countless believers praying in their own language, out loud, with no concern of Satan intercepting the prayer. Even if Satan and/or his demons hear and understand the prayers we pray, they have absolutely no power to prevent God from answering the prayers according to His will. We know that God hears our prayers, and that fact makes it irrelevant whether Satan and his demons hear and understand our prayers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
imo, i have seen/heard tongue speakings that were obviously decided between speaker/interpreter before the service began, which is NOT God's Will. IOW, the act was false and used as a form of code type communication between elders and select members of that church. of course, they would never admit it or talk of it

i believe in the gift when led by the Holy Ghost with spontaneous power; not pre-determined agendas and ideas

Hawkins

From what acquired by my personal experience, "speaking in tongue" could possibly be related to how we (our souls) talk without a body. I believe that whoever speaks will be 'heard' as our own native tongue.

Interplanner

imo, i have seen/heard tongue speakings that were obviously decided between speaker/interpreter before the service began, which is NOT God's Will. IOW, the act was false and used as a form of code type communication between elders and select members of that church. of course, they would never admit it or talk of it

i believe in the gift when led by the Holy Ghost with spontaneous power; not pre-determined agendas and ideas

There needs to be followers of Judaism present. They are the ones who need to see this happen. When they see Gentiles understand the message of the Gospel in their own language, no matter what language speaks it, then those in Judaism know that Isaiah's word is confirmed and God's mission to the nations is underway. And that that is the actual fulfillment of prophecy about the nations, not them coming to a temple to Israel to worship.