ECT Sorting out the issue of sons by adoption

Cross Reference

Ok, let's keep it simple. Jesus said his father is our father.

Jesus was not adopted and neither are we. We must born of the Spirit. That's gennao not huiothesia.

First, accuracy, without which there can be no simplicity. What part of that don't you understand?

Cross Reference

For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises...
(Romans 9:3-4 NKJV)​

The adoption pertains to the Israelites.

The Greek huiothesia pertains to adoption.

Keep it simple.

Need I tell you what you can do with your Greek?

Let accuracy by context prevail. The Israelites never get adopted.

FINE!

Cross Reference

Please do, name three and I will tell you which one I like best.

Therein lies the problem, i.e, choosing which one is and not which one YOU think is the best. You have already demonstrated none of them are. Now where does that leave you except following after shifting opinions. But, to each, his own.

oatmeal

Jesus said we must be born again, not adopted again. Birth requires begettal and then birth.

Israel as a nation was adopted, today we are begotten.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3 KJV)​

Well said

I Peter 1:23 corroborates your conclusion. We are sons by seed, not by adoption.

Adoption is a poor translation, however, even if a person is convinced that we are adopted, that makes sense only to the extent that our earthly father and mother are the parents of our body and soul. Thus, God could have adopted our body and soul part, but God implanted spiritual seed in us, incorruptible seed, which makes us son by seed.

Cross Reference

Well said

I Peter 1:23 corroborates your conclusion. We are sons by seed, not by adoption.

Adoption is a poor translation, however, even if a person is convinced that we are adopted, that makes sense only to the extent that our earthly father and mother are the parents of our body and soul. Thus, God could have adopted our body and soul part, but God implanted spiritual seed in us, incorruptible seed, which makes us son by seed.

Then you haven't been taught very well, either. But then, one can't be unless he/she is born again unto the adoption of a son by the Holy Spirit's Tutoring.

oatmeal

Then you haven't been taught very well, either. But then, one can't be unless he/she is born again unto the adoption of a son by the Holy Spirit's Tutoring.

Thanks for clouding the issue.

Born again means what? Oh, how about born again or literally, born from above.

Adopted means what? Oh, how about adopted?

There is a huge difference between the meanings of being born into a family and being adopted into a family.

There is no reason to be adopted into a family or by parents that are actually your parents.

Believers are sons of God by seed, I Peter 1:23, there is no need to adopt your own children to become your children, they are already your children.

God has no reason to adopt the children He is the Father of. I John 3:1-2, Romans 8:14, we are already His children if we were born again of His incorruptible seed.