Some Anti Name-Calling Folks...

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
So??

You could have made your point with a more respectful question yet you chose one that was very sarcastic and condescending so don't give me your baloney about how you've treated me with respect.
Gee....didn't mean to cut straight to your heart......

Oh, wait........yes I did.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Gee....didn't mean to cut straight to your heart......

Oh, wait........yes I did.

At least you see that this

Agape4Robin said:
I have treated you with respect.

is false.

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
Do you know the difference between love and sugar coating the truth?
How have I sugar coated the truth?

:duh:

And they all came to repentance, didn't they? And Pauls still wrote that we should not even eat with those who claim to be Christians but are living is willful disobedience.

So I won't be having supper at your house?
When a man sleeps with a man, that is not a mistake. When a man and a woman commit adultery, it's not a mistake.
It's not?

Because you're convinced you're right, and aren't even willing to find out if you are or not. you're stubborn.
And you're not convinced that you are right?

And a faggot is a faggot, just like a whore is a whore.
:baby:

See. You're afraid of being judged. Sounds like you're hiding something.:think:
Judged by you? No......
Hiding something? Nothing is hidden from God. And when I am called to give an account for my life, I bet you don't even come up in the conversation.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
How have I sugar coated the truth?
You aren't honest. You hide the truth, because you think it's more loving. And you obviously hide the truth in your own life.

So I won't be having supper at your house?
Are you living in willful disobedience to the Lord?:think:

It's not?
No. They didn't accidentally get naked, and get in bed with each other.:rolleyes:

And you're not convinced that you are right?
I'm convinced that God is right.

However, you are the one who said, "...and you can't convince me otherwise."

Do you think I was whining?

Judged by you? No......
Hiding something? Nothing is hidden from God. And when I am called to give an account for my life, I bet you don't even come up in the conversation.
Well, I think we're getting ot the source of why you don't judge others. You won't even judge yourself.:nono:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Your interpretation....just like your interpretation of scripture....

:yawn:

You're simply not worth the trouble anymore.
Besides, it's sometimes more fun to sit back and watch people hang themselves with their own words.

SOTK

Robin,

Can you think of a situation where name calling would ever be appropriate? Or is it your stance that name calling is inappropriate, period?

Agape4Robin

SOTK said:
Robin,

Can you think of a situation where name calling would ever be appropriate? Or is it your stance that name calling is inappropriate, period?
I think there is a difference between being defamatory and beligerent (which Jesus never was) and saying the truth in love.
Jesus made right judgements about some people, but I think that He, being God is able to do so with out error.

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
:yawn:

You're simply not worth the trouble anymore.
Besides, it's sometimes more fun to sit back and watch people hang themselves with their own words.
Spoken like a true ............christian?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
I think there is a difference between being defamatory and beligerent (which Jesus never was) and saying the truth in love.
Seems I remember this little incident with Jesus and some money-changers in a temple.
Jesus made right judgements about some people, but I think that He, being God is able to do so with out error.
OH! That's the difference! Now, if Jesus had called someone a faggot, that would be ok.

I understand! When Jesus called the Pharisees a "generation of vipers" and children of the devil, he was just being judgmental without error, saying the truth in love.

Got it! :darwinsm:

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
You aren't honest. You hide the truth, because you think it's more loving. And you obviously hide the truth in your own life.
You know nothing about my life, so don't pretend you do based on a few posts.

Are you living in willful disobedience to the Lord?:think:
Nope........

No. They didn't accidentally get naked, and get in bed with each other.:rolleyes:
On that I agree, but it's still a mistake. We are all tempted and led astray.

I'm convinced that God is right.
That's because you treat God as though you know the heart and mind of God. I look for the meaning of the words used by the writers of the bible and follow the context of what is actually being said, not simply what I think it means based on my own interpretation. I pray for wisdom before I read those words. I don't have my own agenda when reading scripture. I look for the meat, not just the milk.

Do you think I was whining?
No, just childish.

Well, I think we're getting ot the source of why you don't judge others. You won't even judge yourself.:nono:
God is my Judge. Because the heart is most decietful and He knows my heart better than even I do.

Agape4Robin

Frank Ernest said:
Seems I remember this little incident with Jesus and some money-changers in a temple.

OH! That's the difference! Now, if Jesus had called someone a faggot, that would be ok.

I understand! When Jesus called the Pharisees a "generation of vipers" and children of the devil, he was just being judgmental without error, saying the truth in love.

Got it! :darwinsm:
What is your point? :yawn:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I don't usually make allowences for gender when I speak about being a "brother" in Christ, it's silly :)