So, I got the Moderna vaccine shot today.

Hilltrot

I drove to get my shot at the rodeo. First, they checked to make sure I was on the list. Second, they had me fill out paperwork and insure that I got paperwork for the vaccine. Next stop, they checked my paperwork and insisted I fill out race and ethnicity, so I put down Human and American. They didn’t seem to care - they just needed the blanks filled out.

The only information packet they gave me clearly states that the vaccine is not FDA approved and that it is an experimental vaccine which was allowed an emergency-use authorization. I guess if I said this on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube I’d be banned but they spell it out in black and white in the information they gave me.

Then I had to park. I went to the inside and the lady directed me to table 3 of 3. I sat down. I asked if they had a preference. I decided on the dominant arm. I took off my shirt since the arm doesn’t roll up very far past my elbow. Looked away and waited for the pain. All I felt was a little needle prick. I confirmed that I actually got the shot. I was given a laminated paper with the time I would have to wait in case I had some allergic effect. I passed the 15 minutes talking to someone about the state of the local schools and how the virus was causing problems despite the schools being open since August. (Universities are still closed.)

No pain besides the very slight pin prick. No side effects.

Hilltrot

Got the second shot of Moderna yesterday. This time the arm got sore as sometimes happens with these shots. I don't know if the shot placement was as good or what, but it is a little bit of a difference. This time around there were a much larger number of people. Instead of sitting in a room with one other person, the room was filled (spaced apart of course). Closer to 15-16 people this time. Almost all are senior citizens. Still a fifteen minute wait like usual and the paperwork still says that the vaccine is not FDA approved -making it experimental. It does have an emergency-use authorization.

Hilltrot

Doesn't it feel great to be a guinea pig?
Still a Human Being. Haven't gotten my mutant superpowers, yet.

O wait, you weren't being literal.

Honestly, I signed up to be a test subject before the EUA. They already had enough test subjects it seems.

I do know that some with my age and health do die and I am exposed rather regularly. I'd rather rip the band-aid off quickly than slowly wait to see what the disease is like when and if I finally got it.

Considering how I never got it and from talking to those who have, I believe that the lockdowns actually cause the infections to spread. I always eat out and never cook for myself living in a state without absurd restrictions.

The CCP virus probably won't kill, but if it sends me to the hospital, that's a $5000 medical bill I'd rather not pay.

Right Divider

Body part
Still a Human Being. Haven't gotten my mutant superpowers, yet.

O wait, you weren't being literal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_pig
Biological experimentation on domestic guinea pigs has been carried out since the 17th century. The animals were used so frequently as model organisms in the 19th and 20th centuries that the epithet guinea pig came into use to describe a human test subject. Since that time, they have been largely replaced by other rodents, such as mice and rats. However, they are still used in research, primarily as models to study such human medical conditions as juvenile diabetes, tuberculosis, scurvy (like humans, they require dietary intake of vitamin C), and pregnancy complications.