sin/sins is not the issue today!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What is the point - that from reading a persons opinions about a subject we can know what motivates them? That is not necessarily the case. The fact is, you are predisposed to think badly of me simply because I have expressed an opinion contrary to yours. Presumptions affect perceptions. At any rate, I will not deal with these ad hominem remarks any more. If you have a point to make then present your case instead of sitting on the sidelines heckling.

You have the right to place me on ignore. Are you aware of that? I no
longer wish to engage you on future subjects. So, I'm asking you
to respect my wishes?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One of the meanings of the words "the faith" is "the religious beliefs of Christians" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So if a Christian departs from just one of those beliefs that they have been taught then it can be said that they have departed from the faith.

Now that I have addressed your verse please give me your interpretation of the meaning of these words from the pen of John:

"The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever" (1 Jn.1:1-2).​

Then explain how what John said there fits what you said here:

As I said, if you think that any true believer can actually stop believing the facts found in the gospel then you really do not possess true faith.

Jerry, you're nowhere near having the wisdom and knowledge of Heir.
She's has the indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit. She is a member
of the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One doesn't earn their eternal life through religion, water baptism, praying
to Mary and the Saints, doing good works/deeds, so called obedience,
speaking in tongues, believing in Televangelists, and trying to be good.

Salvation is a gift of God, offered to mankind. It's received by faith in Christ,
and the rest is accomplished by the Holy Spirit. We can do NOTHING to
receive what God has to offer. Except, believe what He says! Like I said,
the rest is done by the Holy Spirit.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Message Saul/Paul received (from the Ascended Christ) is the message
for today. Paul calls this, "The Dispensation of Grace." God is offering all of
us a chance to be with Him in Heaven. And, that is through the death and
resurrection of His Son. Faith is what God is pleased by. If you want to please
God, place your faith in Christ as your Savior, Your faith will begin the process
of becoming a member of the Body of Christ! As a member you'll have:

1) The indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
2) The sealing of the Holy Spirit.
3) The fruit of the Holy Spirit.
4) Forgiveness and mercy from God.
5) You'll not receive any judgment.
6) You're 'guaranteed' Eternal Life
which you CANNOT lose.
7) We receive the Righteousness of Christ.

Ben Masada

This is God's ONLY message for today. Both Jew and Gentile are welcome
to receive God's Grace, through faith in Christ.

How could I receive any thing through faith in Christ if I don't believe that Jesus was Christ? For two reasons I can't. First, because Paul was the one who fabricated the idea that Jesus was Christ. (II Tim. 2:8) and second, because Christ means the anointed one of the Lord and, Prophet Habakkuk says in 3:13 that, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That what Christ is, the anointed one of the Lord aka Israel.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you're nowhere near having the wisdom and knowledge of Heir.
She's has the indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit. She is a member
of the Body of Christ.

You both talk big but when it comes to actually addressing the meaning of verses you run and hide.

The Message Saul/Paul received (from the Ascended Christ) is the message
for today. Paul calls this, "The Dispensation of Grace." God is offering all of
us a chance to be with Him in Heaven. And, that is through the death and
resurrection of His Son.

How could you possibly leave out the "purpose" of the Lord's death upon the Cross, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

You forgot to mention the heart and soul of the gospel of grace.

Shasta

So do you believe that when a person is saved then he automatically becomes dead to sin?

If your answer is "yes" then please tell me the source of the defilement which can come upon Christians in the following verse:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

If your answer is "yes" then tell us why Paul would tell Christians to put to death the things which belong to out earthly nature:

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry" (Col.3:5).​

If this happens upon salvation automatically it would make no sense for Paul to tell that to the saved.

Death to the flesh is an active ongoing process. That is clearly what these scriptures say. It is not a static state but requires the continual surrender of the will. Fortunately we believers have the Holy Spirit who assists us in the process.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How could I receive any thing through faith in Christ if I don't believe that Jesus was Christ? For two reasons I can't. First, because Paul was the one who fabricated the idea that Jesus was Christ. (II Tim. 2:8) and second, because Christ means the anointed one of the Lord and, Prophet Habakkuk says in 3:13 that, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That what Christ is, the anointed one of the Lord aka Israel.

Well my friend, it looks like you're on the "Horns of a ‎Dilemma"
doesn't it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You both talk big but when it comes to actually addressing the meaning of verses you run and hide.

How could you possibly leave out the "purpose" of the Lord's death upon the Cross, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

You forgot to mention the heart and soul of the gospel of grace.

I'm afraid I don't trust your opinions/conclusions. So, what's your
next move?

Jerry Shugart

I'm afraid I don't trust your opinions/conclusions. So, what's your
next move?

Your aversion to certain verses found in the Bible prove that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures thanyou do in what the Scriptures actually say.

You remind me of the Catholics on this forum who do the same thing that you do. They are unable to come to the knowledge of the truth for that reason and neither can you.

Jerry S believes he, "knows it ALL." Unfortunately for him, he doesn't. He's
the personification of "Smoke and Mirrors."

I never said that I know it all. But, unlike you, I never run and hide from any verse. You talk big but when it actually comes to supporting your ideas about how the Jews who lived under the law were saved you come up empty handed!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Eternity, Aikido, eternity. Compared with eternity, this lifetime . . . you actually can't compare them. Living forever doesn't compare with this life in many, many way's, but 1 of the way's it does compare, is Jesus. We believe in Him now, and we will know Him forever.
Say's you. Each of those thing's is literally on the Holy Catholic Churches agenda.
But don't you mean that Christianity has alway's (or, if you won't grant that: almost alway's; the Church beginning to veer, in you're view, from the truth, very early on) been a faith that require's asserting these belief's, because the Church has done so from the earliest.
I don't think so. See above, Catholic Church.
I don't know what you mean by that wide a paint brush, though it could mean a wide variety of very good thing's that I'm sure we agree on heartily.

:e4e:

DJ
The church began to veer off in the 50s with the spread of Paul's authentic letters as Christianity's mission to "the nations" began to spread. And when the church got in bed with the Roman Empire in the Fourth Century, the little rag-tag band of followers of one Jesus of Nazareth became a huge, bureaucratic and violent enterprise.

Christianity is now a religion Jesus would have clearly rejected.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The church began to veer off in the 50s with the spread of Paul's authentic letters as Christianity's mission to "the nations" began to spread. And when the church got in bed with the Roman Empire in the Fourth Century, the little rag-tag band of followers of one Jesus of Nazareth became a huge, bureaucratic and violent enterprise.

Christianity is now a religion Jesus would have clearly rejected.

You think of yourself as the "Grand Historian" I see. Perhaps it's YOU
that has "rejected" True Christianity? Have you given that any thought?

Jerry Shugart

Death to the flesh is an active ongoing process. That is clearly what these scriptures say. It is not a static state but requires the continual surrender of the will. Fortunately we believers have the Holy Spirit who assists us in the process.

This verse is not speaking of the "death" of the flesh but instead the "filthiness" of the flesh and spirit:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Here the Lord Jesus explains what defiles a man:

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man" (Mt.15:18-20).​

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
[/B]

You think of yourself as the "Grand Historian" I see. Perhaps it's YOU
that has "rejected" True Christianity? Have you given that any thought?
I have definitely rejected the Christianity that developed after Jesus died.

For the last 30 years I have been quite content that I no longer have to leave my brain behind as a practicing Christian.

As for thinking of myself as "the Grand Historian" I don't see how your claims to being able to read my thoughts should be taken seriously.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your aversion to certain verses found in the Bible prove that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures thanyou do in what the Scriptures actually say.

You remind me of the Catholics on this forum who do the same thing that you do. They are unable to come to the knowledge of the truth for that reason and neither can you.

I never said that I know it all. But, unlike you, I never run and hide from any verse. You talk big but when it actually comes to supporting your ideas about how the Jews who lived under the law were saved you come up empty handed!

I'm afraid I couldn't get through all of your dribble. Do tell, what verses do you accuse me of running away from? In addition,
might I suggest that you learn to use, "Spell Check?"