Should It Be Lawful For Minors To Be Married With Parental Consent?

genuineoriginal

I think we can all agree there is way too much teenage fornicating going on. Being raised by a young single mother just makes matters worse. We have to get A father if not THE father in the home on a daily basis. Safeguards should be put in to guard against abuse. Our culture has gone to hell in a hand basket and teenage fornication is one of the biggest causes. With as many smart people this country has, someone ought to be able to come up with workable solutions.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel.
The societal institution of marriage was created to protect young mothers and children by ensuring that the father would be in a committed relationship with the mother.
Marriage has nothing to do with "two people in love" and everything to do with the stability of the society and protection of the progeny.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No they didn't, but I'm not going to argue with you, because it would be a waste of my time.

As for morality - let's just say if I had a teenaged daughter I'd keep her far, far away from you.

Cool story.

There's nothing else you can argue anyway.

It was normal for teenagers to marry all through history and you have no basis to call it immoral now, but only to say it's not as necessary as it was then.

This obvious, sad attempt of a thread to beat archaic notions with your flimsy liberal stick is all a person needs to know about those like you and ol' Artie :rolleyes:

Also
You act like somebody's teenage daughter.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Cool story.

There's nothing else you can argue anyway.

It was normal for teenagers to marry all through history and you have no basis to call it immoral now, but only to say it's not as necessary as it was then.

This obvious, sad attempt of a thread to stomp on archaic notions is all a person needs to know about those like you and ol' Artie :rolleyes:

Also
You act like somebody's teenage daughter.

Cool story.

ClimateSanity

Joan of Arc was still 16 when she was selected to head the French army into battle at Orleans. This sounds like an adult to me. Again, I doubt fewer than 100 Joan's can be found in America today at 16.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Joan of Arc was still 16 when she was selected to head the French army into battle at Orleans. This sounds like an adult to me. Again, I doubt fewer than 100 Joan's can be found in America today at 16.

Alexander the Great accomplished his conquest in his 20's, which means he was a teenager when he first saddled up the stallion and set out.

I sure feel bad about the statutory rape that poor kid endured from those women he lavished along the way!

:mock: 1st World morulz

ClimateSanity

Alexander the Great accomplished his conquest in his 20's, which means he was a teenager when he first saddled up the stallion and set out.

I sure feel bad about the statutory rape that poor kid endured from those women he lavished along the way!

:mock: 1st World morulz
I understand a need to set an age limit, but it's important to understand maturity doesn't strictly follow age. These kids that are unfortunate to be on the plus side of 18 who date the wrong girl, are punished more severely than deserved if at all.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
AB and rusha think they 9teenagers) should be able to fornicate all they want without marriage...

Neither of them said that. You're a habitual liar.

Once again, nick makes it up as he goes along. I would say you are mistaken, however, that would mean you didn't intentionally misrepresent me for the sole purpose of ... well, it's what you do.

Do we need to go over who you voted for in the past 2 Presidential elections and how he (Barack Hussein Obama) is a huge supporter of Planned Parenthood?

As you probably know Rusha, Planned Parenthood just isn't into murdering babies, they're heavily involved in promoting out of wedlock sex amongst teens.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens

annaedettibenni: Remember how you defended Planned Parenthood baby butcher Margaret Sanger in another thread?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As you probably know Rusha, Planned Parenthood just isn't into murdering babies, they're heavily involved in promoting out of wedlock sex amongst teens.

This there is about whether or not it should be lawful for teens to marry.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
This there is about whether or not it should be lawful for teens to marry.

One would think that you'd endorse a political candidate with strong traditional family values, i.e. someone that talks about the importance of virtue and saving oneself for marriage instead of someone like Barack.