Should Homosexuals Take Mass?

Jenkins

If they are celibate and have avoided all other grave sins, or have confessed their grave sins and received absolution and reconciliation, then yes absolutely they should and ought to receive Communion at Mass.

Not that it's a sin to not receive. It is only a sin to not receive at least once per year, in the Easter season (which is still ongoing now fyi, and doesn't end until this weekend I think). Licitly receiving at any time requires being in a state of grace, aka full communion. It is not a sin to not receive if you are not in a state of full communion, and in fact it is a sin to receive when not in full communion. It's also dangerous according to 1st Corinthians 11: 27 &29.

It's unclear to me if two men or two women are civilly married (same-sex married), but who are celibate, can be in full communion. I don't know if this would be tantamount to being civilly married to a divorcee or if you are divorced and remarried yourself (assuming the ex involved is still living). Same-sex marriage even a celibate one might be living in a state of sin, but I do not know about this. I'm not sure such a state in particular is included in Canon Law, as civil same-sex marriage is fairly new, and Canon Law hasn't been updated since 1983.
Tell us what full communion consists of. Thanks.

Jenkins

If they are celibate and have avoided all other grave sins, or have confessed their grave sins and received absolution and reconciliation, then yes absolutely they should and ought to receive Communion at Mass.

Not that it's a sin to not receive. It is only a sin to not receive at least once per year, in the Easter season (which is still ongoing now fyi, and doesn't end until this weekend I think). Licitly receiving at any time requires being in a state of grace, aka full communion. It is not a sin to not receive if you are not in a state of full communion, and in fact it is a sin to receive when not in full communion. It's also dangerous according to 1st Corinthians 11: 27 &29.

It's unclear to me if two men or two women are civilly married (same-sex married), but who are celibate, can be in full communion. I don't know if this would be tantamount to being civilly married to a divorcee or if you are divorced and remarried yourself (assuming the ex involved is still living). Same-sex marriage even a celibate one might be living in a state of sin, but I do not know about this. I'm not sure such a state in particular is included in Canon Law, as civil same-sex marriage is fairly new, and Canon Law hasn't been updated since 1983.
Canon Law is not needed. Scripture in Romans 1:27 ff. gives God's Declaration about the filth of homosexuality. Mark 10:11-12 gives Jesus' declaration of the sins of divorce and remarriage.

Why waste time waiting for the nonsense of Canon Law presuming to state its own authority? Are you able to read the Bible?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
If so, how about the Pedophile Priests and Bishops? I cannot find what the See has determined.

Years ago, I was in the Nob Hill Cathedral in SFO for a venue. The place was swimming with gay looking people, some wearing Church ID name tags.

Jenkins,

annabenedetti is a Godless Marxist Leftists so her reply means nothing.
ok doser is a great guy, but not anywhere near a believer in Catholicism, so he is out.
Idolator is Catholic and gives some okay answers.

Now allow me.

So, your question is sort of jumbled up, so allow me to start from a fresh POV:

There are alcoholics who stay clean and sober. Thats great.
There are gluttons who practice good dieting. Thats great.
There are sexoholics who practice monogamy with their wife or husband faithfully. Thats great.

Why am I saying all this? Here is why: As a result of Original Sin we are all fallen, our natures are fallen, and we are disordered. We all have our faults, and with Gods grace we work to shed that old man and become more like Christ. We must repent, and try our best to "sin no more."

Likewise, just like the rest of us, the sexually disordered person is also disordered, and he or she must also not commit the sins they are prone too.

We all repent, seek forgiveness, avoid our sin, and therefore we (baptised Catholics) can all receive the Eucharist at Mass.

HOWEVER if someone does not repent of their sin, regardless of what that sin might be, they cannot receive the Eucharist at Mass.

So, it is as simple as that.

NEXT, regarding your use of the phrase "pedophile priest", that one ranks right up there with "Russian Collusion". Just like the Russian Collusion sham was the biggest political sham of the century, prior to that the same Godless leftist freaks sought to take down the Catholic Church with the biggest religious sham of the century, the same way they sought to take down Trump, and the big LIE about pedophile priests was their propaganda. But that is another topic for another day.

Jenkins

Jenkins,

annabenedetti is a Godless Marxist Leftists so her reply means nothing.
ok doser is a great guy, but not anywhere near a believer in Catholicism, so he is out.
Idolator is Catholic and gives some okay answers.

Now allow me.

So, your question is sort of jumbled up, so allow me to start from a fresh POV:

There are alcoholics who stay clean and sober. Thats great.
There are gluttons who practice good dieting. Thats great.
There are sexoholics who practice monogamy with their wife or husband faithfully. Thats great.

Why am I saying all this? Here is why: As a result of Original Sin we are all fallen, our natures are fallen, and we are disordered. We all have our faults, and with Gods grace we work to shed that old man and become more like Christ. We must repent, and try our best to "sin no more."

Likewise, just like the rest of us, the sexually disordered person is also disordered, and he or she must also not commit the sins they are prone too.

We all repent, seek forgiveness, avoid our sin, and therefore we (baptised Catholics) can all receive the Eucharist at Mass.

HOWEVER if someone does not repent of their sin, regardless of what that sin might be, they cannot receive the Eucharist at Mass.

So, it is as simple as that.

NEXT, regarding your use of the phrase "pedophile priest", that one ranks right up there with "Russian Collusion". Just like the Russian Collusion sham was the biggest political sham of the century, prior to that the same Godless leftist freaks sought to take down the Catholic Church with the biggest religious sham of the century, the same way they sought to take down Trump, and the big LIE about pedophile priests was their propaganda. But that is another topic for another day.
For decades, Pedophile Priests were merely reassigned to different posts rather than being held accountable. Is that your "POV?"

Share with me why fully communed Priests should have been enabled by their superiors to keep raping children, and still wear their garb.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
For decades, Pedophile Priests were merely reassigned to different posts rather than being held accountable. Is that your "POV?" . . .

So, I take it we are moving on to a new subject? Fine.

Watch this, its much easier than typing:

Share with me why fully communed Priests should have been enabled by their superiors to keep raping children, and still wear their garb.

Dude, you didn't understand a word I said did you. You are a fake news KoolAid drinker. I looked at your profile. Most of your posts have to do with homosexuals and the pope. Do you have some sort of personal problem?

Jenkins

So, I take it we are moving on to a new subject? Fine.

Watch this, its much easier than typing:

Dude, you didn't understand a word I said did you. You are a fake news KoolAid drinker. I looked at your profile. Most of your posts have to do with homosexuals and the pope. Do you have some sort of personal problem?
Do Pedophile Priests have a personal problem?

Jenkins

Homosexual "marriage" does not occur. Sodomy and Judgement occur.