Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

seekinganswers

What would possess you to ask such a horrible question? It's like asking, "Should the homeless by put out of their misery?" or how about, "Do the hungry deserve death?" When you make statements like this you automatically put someone at odds with you, and there is no room for reconciliation. I have stated that I am a "homosexual" by the definition of the word (because I am attracted to men and not women). Do I have control over this? No. Do I have control over how I respond to it? Yes. If I have these attractions, does it make it right for me to respond in any way? No. Does it mean that I must try to become a "normal" heterosexual? NO!

You place a burden on others that you are not willing to lift when you condemn homosexuals to death. You are like the men who drag the adultress out to the street and can't wait to throw the first stone. You don't carry the man who would have obviously been needed in the commital of the act (in this case I speak of the families out of which the homosexual emerges, or how about the very framework of society that teaches that it is ok to impulsively act off of your lusts?). It is so easy to sit here and condemn someone to death, yet if you do so without cause you are guilty of murder.

If we are going to find peace in this world we are going to have to listen to a different standard of justice, where it is positively defined through living as we ought to live, rather than defining justice by the enactment of punishment on those who have committed a crime.

Peace,
Michael

lovemeorhateme

seekinganswers said:
What would possess you to ask such a horrible question? It's like asking, "Should the homeless by put out of their misery?" or how about, "Do the hungry deserve death?" When you make statements like this you automatically put someone at odds with you, and there is no room for reconciliation. I have stated that I am a "homosexual" by the definition of the word (because I am attracted to men and not women). Do I have control over this? No. Do I have control over how I respond to it? Yes. If I have these attractions, does it make it right for me to respond in any way? No. Does it mean that I must try to become a "normal" heterosexual? NO!

You place a burden on others that you are not willing to lift when you condemn homosexuals to death. You are like the men who drag the adultress out to the street and can't wait to throw the first stone. You don't carry the man who would have obviously been needed in the commital of the act (in this case I speak of the families out of which the homosexual emerges, or how about the very framework of society that teaches that it is ok to impulsively act off of your lusts?). It is so easy to sit here and condemn someone to death, yet if you do so without cause you are guilty of murder.

If we are going to find peace in this world we are going to have to listen to a different standard of justice, where it is positively defined through living as we ought to live, rather than defining justice by the enactment of punishment on those who have committed a crime.

Peace,
Michael

Well I would never consider the death penalty for a gay person. I am very against it. But it would seem some people here on TOL think that the death penalty should be given, just look at the poll!

One Eyed Jack

Surr said:
DocHolliday....Gay ppl don't go around hitting on those who they know are straight.

That's a load of crap. Every gay friend I've ever had has hit on me at least once, and they all say the same thing -- "how will you know you won't like it if you've never tried it?" They know they aren't born that way, or they wouldn't even try that line.

lovemeorhateme

One Eyed Jack said:
That's a load of crap. Every gay friend I've ever had has hit on me at least once, and they all say the same thing -- "how will you know you won't like it if you've never tried it?" They know they aren't born that way, or they wouldn't even try that line.

And like you've had a lot of gay friends? And I know of no gay people who would ever have used that line.

beanieboy

One Eyed Jack said:

I get hit on by women.
"How do you know if you haven't tried it?"

Same thing. I think it's the challenge.
Or maybe the way you walk, you lisp, or the way you are always saying, "who want's creme brulé?" ;)

I have a lot of straight friends.
I never hit on them.

There was a secret on www.postsecret.com that did make me laugh. A guy said that whenever he was in a car, he flirted with straight guys, because it was good to see them look afraid and uncomfortable for once.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Short of catching them red handed this kind of law is impossible to enforce.

While you're at it, you will have to execute adult heteros who sleep with each outside of marriage as well as adulterers.

Granite

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:

Different anecdotes for different folks. I've known gay guys (still do) and not a one of them has ever hit on me.

One Eyed Jack

beanieboy said:
I get hit on by women.
"How do you know if you haven't tried it?"

See? They don't think you're born gay.

Same thing. I think it's the challenge.

Exactly. Gay people try to seduce straight people into the lifestyle, because deep down inside they know it's a choice -- and if you like it, you might choose it. That's the same rationale the women are using when they hit on you.

I have a lot of straight friends.
I never hit on them.

Good for you. It tends to really creep them out. At least, it did me.

Last edited:

One Eyed Jack

Granite said:
Different anecdotes for different folks. I've known gay guys (still do) and not a one of them has ever hit on me.

I'm only counting friends. I'm not counting acquaintances or random dudes I just happen to run into. I certainly haven't been hit on by every gay guy I've ever met.

One Eyed Jack

lovemeorhateme said:
And like you've had a lot of gay friends?

Yes. Quite a few, actually.

And I know of no gay people who would ever have used that line.

How would you know -- are you with them every time they hit on somebody? I thought you were like a shut-in, or something.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gerald said:
Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell a person's sexual orientation unless the person tells you.
Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't whether a person is a murderer unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a thief unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a child molestor unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a rapist unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a drug dealer unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person beats his wife unless the person tells you.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Turbo said:
Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't whether a person is a murderer unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a thief unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a child molestor unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a rapist unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a drug dealer unless the person tells you.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person beats his wife unless the person tells you.
Who wizzed in your cornflakes this morning?

Actually, you can determine if all of the folks above are a given thing, if you're willing to follow them around and spy on them, something busybodies like you get a real charge out of...

The Berean

Surr said:
The Berean....Generally speaking most people who are that homophobic are usually against abortion as well.

DocHolliday....Gay ppl don't go around hitting on those who they know are straight. And if one just so happened to hit on you, shouldn't you be flattered?

And you know this because you took a poll amongst "homophobic" people? The term "homophobic" is a meaningless term anyway...

Rimi

LMOHM, why don't you just act on your desires? You claim to be a queer. You defend queers. You mock God's thoughts on queers. Why don't you just act on it?