Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Granite

Hall of Fame
Looking at other nations past and present who've punished this behavior with death should give one pause. I mean, look who you're agreeing with, especially today.

shilohproject

Army of One said:
Or you could ask the people serving Life without parole. I'm sure "loving" wouldn't be the adjective they chose to describe their sentence.
Sorta relative, huh? I don't really believe you've missed to point, but, practicallly though, people regularly plead out for Life Without in order to avoid Death.

Army of One

shilohproject said:
Sorta relative, huh? I don't really believe you've missed to point, but, practicallly though, people regularly plead out for Life Without in order to avoid Death.
I'm sure you're right (about most criminals preferring Life Without), but the accusation leveled against me for advocating the Death Penalty was that I was being un-loving, so I was merely making the point that the alternatives to Capital Punishment are not exactly "loving" or "forgiving" either.

Army of One

Granite said:
Looking at other nations past and present who've punished this behavior with death should give one pause. I mean, look who you're agreeing with, especially today.
Ah yes, guilt by association. :doh:

Steve London

Yes, along with mankind in general ?

Yes, along with mankind in general ?

As this is a Theology Discussion, the answer is that we all are guaranteed a death penalty for having been born in sin. As an older person in the UK, I have been brought up to believe that Homosexuality is "wrong". My own reading of the bible tells me it was thought to be wrong in the 1st Century. But then conversely, Paul had nothing bad to say about Slavery at that time. So I guess he was being true to his conscience based on his knowledge at the time. As we should be.

I have a big enough problem with my own Heterosexuality to worry about this. Along with Homosexuals I am hoping to receive grace abounding both from Christ, and from His chief imitator, The Church. I think Sex outside Male-Female marriage is wrong, and I hope that along with Heterosexual and Homosexual people anywhere, I will manage to avoid bringing further condemnation on myself. cheers!

Steve

Granite

Hall of Fame
Army of One said:
Ah yes, guilt by association. :doh:

It's useful: you're agreeing with backwords barbarians who treat women as chattel and who mutilate thieves. Charming.

shilohproject

Hey, since you're agnostic, I don't think you're allowed to know or quote the Bible around here! This is TOL! No one can know the Book that way!

Granite

Hall of Fame
shilohproject said:
Hey, since you're agnostic, I don't think you're allowed to know or quote the Bible around here! This is TOL! No one can know the Book that way!

I even own a few of them, should I just chuck those or donate 'em to the Salvation Army book bin?:think:

shilohproject

Granite said:
I even own a few of them, should I just chuck those or donate 'em to the Salvation Army book bin?:think:
No, no, no! Just don't try and quote 'em to the "always Right" folks at TOL.;)

Granite

Hall of Fame
shilohproject said:
No, no, no! Just don't try and quote 'em to the "always Right" folks at TOL.;)

Ah yes. The apostates are to be seen and not heard. :devil: :shut:

shilohproject

Funny, though, I'd always heard that it was supposed to be the "Children" that were to be seen and not heard. (Groaner, I know. But I couldn't resist!)