Science--A strong delusion

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SCIENCE
1 Tim 6:20-21
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babble and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge--
21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Eph 5:7
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Matt 12:39
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
2 Tim 2:15-16
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
II Th 2:10-11
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
John 8:51
51 "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
Col 2:20-23
20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
22 which all concern things which perish with the using-- according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
Mark 8:35
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Rom 1:17
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
Matt 15:8-9
8 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' "
Acts 19:19
19 Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
2 Cor 1:9
9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
Luke 16:15
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
Rom 8:20
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
1 Tim 4:1-2
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
Rom 1:20-23
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Matt 13:24-30
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

xxxx Science is a delusion in life. God said if they dont believe His Word He would send strong delusions. So that they would believe the lie. Then canst them into hell for it. They have always been close to finding the truth, but havent found it. They will always be close but will never find it.

II Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

popsthebuilder

There is only one science that is utter truth and that is mathematics. All readily observable existence can be perfectly defined mathematically. All other science is mere theory with peices and parts of truth.

Scripture doesn't refute real science and infact, promotes it.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
SCIENCE
1 Tim 6:20-21
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babble and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge--
21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Eph 5:7
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Matt 12:39
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
2 Tim 2:15-16
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
II Th 2:10-11
John 8:51
51 "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
Col 2:20-23
20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
22 which all concern things which perish with the using-- according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
Mark 8:35
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Rom 1:17
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
Matt 15:8-9
8 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' "
Acts 19:19
19 Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
2 Cor 1:9
9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
Luke 16:15
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
Rom 8:20
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
1 Tim 4:1-2
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
Rom 1:20-23
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Matt 13:24-30
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

xxxx Science is a delusion in life. God said if they dont believe His Word He would send strong delusions. So that they would believe the lie. Then canst them into hell for it. They have always been close to finding the truth, but havent found it. They will always be close but will never find it.

II Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)
Your point all depends on what you mean by science, doesn't it?

If you mean the pseudo-science of evolution, climate change, big bangs, warped space & multiverses, then I'd say that you might be onto something.

Except that it isn't God doing it. People delude themselves. They do not need God's help in order to come up with reasons to reject Him that are profane, idle and full to the brim with contradictions.

On the other hand, our entire existence is engulfed in life sustaining, life enriching, life-saving technology that science, as well as the Christian worldview in general, is chiefly responsible for creating. You would not be here reading this post, this website and the internet in which it exists would not exist if not for two, very decidedly biblical (i.e. Christian) things; science and capitalism (i.e. a rational worldview applied both to the world around us as well as to the structure of society).

In other words, there is no basis for the idea that science itself is a delusion. On the contrary, many of the greatest scientists that have ever lived were God fearing Christians. Indeed, it is only the Christian who is truly capable of genuine science. All others are borrowing (some might say stealing) from the Christian worldview.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is only one science that is utter truth and that is mathematics. All readily observable existence can be perfectly defined mathematically. All other science is mere theory with peices and parts of truth.

peace

I said
[1Ti 6:20
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

beameup

I said
Apparently you don't know the Holy Spirit.

I'm certain that you have guidance from at least one spirit.
There are a vast multitude of "spirits" in the aether.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing
spirits, and doctrines of devils
- 1 Timothy 4:1
(walking) according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. - Ephesians 2:2b

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you." Col 4:14

Not, the former physician.

I said
Do you understand the simplicity of the physicians at that time? And how science has changed them of today. Back then they put on bandages and took herbs. Today they cut people open and do operations . That they never thought of doing back then.

popsthebuilder

I said
[1Ti 6:20
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Indeed; falsly so called; some science is so called, and falsly so....

peace friend....

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm certain that you have guidance from at least one spirit.
There are a vast multitude of "spirits" in the aether.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing
spirits, and doctrines of devils
- 1 Timothy 4:1
(walking) according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. - Ephesians 2:2b

I said
That is true. That is why one needs to know the real Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit that only quotes scripture is our guarantee from God.

[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

[Jhn 16:12-14
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.

[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

popsthebuilder

"Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you." Col 4:14

Not, the former physician.
Unlearned may conflate physician with material and physical body per carnal thought, though the truth of the matter is that it references the healing of the spirit and life through the Spirit.

peace

Truster

I said
Do you understand the simplicity of the physicians at that time? And how science has changed them of today. Back then they put on bandages and took herbs. Today they cut people open and do operations . That they never thought of doing back then.

Yes they did cut people open and perform all manner of procedures. The Egyptians were the first people to correctly diagnose diabetes.

They had plenty of practise on men injured in battle.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes they did cut people open and perform all manner of procedures. The Egyptians were the first people to correctly diagnose diabetes.

They had plenty of practise on men injured in battle.

I said
Your totally missing the point. Were they Christians? Did they follow Jesus? How many times does it speak of the children of Isreal going after other gods? All evil started somewhere. And filtered into the believers way of life. We are talking about believers and what they should believe. Your off on a tangent.

Truster

I said
Your totally missing the point. Were they Christians? Did they follow Jesus? How many times does it speak of the children of Isreal going after other gods? All evil started somewhere. And filtered into the believers way of life. We are talking about believers and what they should believe. Your off on a tangent.

Check back to post 15 and you'll notice that I'm on track and that you are jumping from assumption to assumption.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

peace

This is simply false.

Science, or at least the intellectual process thereof (i.e. whether it was called 'science' or not), came before and resulting in mathematics, not the other way around.

Mathematics is nothing at all but a language. You can tell as many lies as you like with mathematics.

Clete

popsthebuilder

This is simply false.

Science, or at least the intellectual process thereof (i.e. whether it was called 'science' or not), came before and resulting in mathematics, not the other way around.

Mathematics is nothing at all but a language. You can tell as many lies as you like with mathematics.

Clete
What are you saying is false exactly?

Do you not think all readily observable existence is exactly described with mathematics?

I did not say that math came before science