Saved And Salvation Are Different

DAN P

Squeaky;4 For by grace you have been saved through faith said:
Hi and here SOZO / SAVED is final !!

For by Grace you are HAVING BEEN SAVED is correct !!

SOZO / SAVED is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in a PARTICIPLE !!

The Greek word HAVING is the Particple as it ends in " ING " and speaks to having been saved in past time !

The PERFECT TENSE is in the Past tense or AORIST TENSE which looks BACK to our salvation in past time !!

The PASIVE VOICE , just means that God saved us and not man , or BAPTISM or TONGUES !

And the PRESENT TENSE means we are CONTINUALLY always saved , PERIOD or OSAS !!

dan p

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

SOZO / SAVED is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in a PARTICIPLE !!

The Greek word HAING id the Particple as it ends in " ING " and speaks to having been saved in past time !

The PERFECT TENSE is in the Past tense or AORIST TENSE which looks BACK to our salvation in past time !!

The PASIVE VOICE , just means that God saved us and not man , or BAPTISM or TONGUES !

dan p

I said
Away to intellectual for me.

Wick Stick

The Greek word HAING id the Particple as it ends in " ING " and speaks to having been saved in past time !

dan p
You give me headaches. In the phrase "by grace you are saved," the verb that governs the tense is este. It's present tense; not past tense.

As for sesosmenoi, you seem to have no conception of how perfect tense works in the participle. A perfect participle indicates a continuing state resulting from completed action.

In this case, it refers back to the action of sunezopoiesen. The Ephesians were made alive, and now they continue in a state of life.

DAN P

You give me headaches. In the phrase "by grace you are saved," the verb that governs the tense is este. It's present tense; not past tense.

As for sesosmenoi, you seem to have no conception of how perfect tense works in the participle. A perfect participle indicates a continuing state resulting from completed action.

In this case, it refers back to the action of sunezopoiesen. The Ephesians were made alive, and now they continue in a state of life.

Hi and yes ESTE /YE ARE is in the PRESENT TENSE and also in the INDICATIVE MOOD of a FACT !!

So where is the PARTICIPLE in verse 8 ?

This translator says the the PARTICIPLE IS HAVING BEEN SOZO / SAVED which is in the PERFECT TENSE which is a combo of the AORIST TENSE and the PRESENT TENSE which make the PERFECT TENSE !!

This then means that when a person is SAVED / SOZO in the Past tense and are always in the Greek PERSENT TENSE of CONTINUOUS ACTION or OSAS !!

I believe that the ESTE /ARE YOU , present tense just means , here and speaks to the DISPENSATION of the GRACE OF God !!

dan p

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi and just google , and see what the Greek perfect tense means GRASSHOPPER !!

DAN P

I said
I'm sorry but maybe you don't understand. Everything I get I get from the Holy Spirit or the revelations of Jesus Christ. I'm happy all my questions are answered that way. Why would I turn away from them to listen to some Greek's opinion?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why me? You do it.. After all, this a Christian forum and you should understand what our heart is in relationship to God's own heart..

I said
The heart is the intent of a thought. Gods intent is our salvation.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi and just google , and see what the Greek perfect tense means GRASSHOPPER !!

DAN P

I said
There are two rules in believing the Word of God. Not to think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Wick Stick

I said
Can you define the heart?
It's that muscle in the left side of your chest that pumps blood.

In ancient times, when they thought the body was moved by hydraulic pressure, it was thought to be the seat of thought. We now know that is the brain's function. The ancients believed the brains function was to create mucus.

Based on some of the comments here, I wonder if they were right?

DAN P

I said
There are two rules in believing the Word of God. Not to think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Hi and RULE ONE is to be right and you will not try !!
It is so simple !!

dan p

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's that muscle in the left side of your chest that pumps blood.

In ancient times, when they thought the body was moved by hydraulic pressure, it was thought to be the seat of thought. We now know that is the brain's function. The ancients believed the brains function was to create mucus.

Based on some of the comments here, I wonder if they were right?

I said
It sounds like they were closer than we knew.

Cross Reference

I said
The heart is the intent of a thought. Gods intent is our salvation.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

I like that. Lets enlarge it a little. How 'bout the heart is the core of man's soul? 2. God's intent was to bring man to the know[ing] of Himself and that by the shed blood of Jesus which reconciled righteous/repentent man with Himself making possible the enabling of John 17:3 to be the only way of life, built upon the foundation of "Redemption" [the second covenant when factoring in the Law as being the first one]?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi and here are the RULES:

#1, GRAMMERICAL
#2 , DISPENSATIONAL
#3, HISTORICAL
#4 CONTEXT
#5FOLLOW 2 TIM 2:15

You do not follow these RULES at all !!

dan p

This one I know. Them others your going to have to show me in scripture.

2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)