Satanic church in Seattle area may get after school usage

Interplanner

Equal time they say, but the explanations about what would be accomplished by this are embarrassing folly.

1, This alternative version of "Bible clubs" is needed, they say, to teach logic and rationality. I hope the school administrators are listening; they might want to go ask the Satanists what they think public education amounts to.

2, I may be mistaken, but I thought it was years ago that talk of Satan was considered irrational and illogical.

3, If the intention, therefore, of the CoS is to make it "rational" to talk about God and Satan, then maybe something will be gained but only on that question. The next thing you usually hear from these people is that "God" is evil and Satan was trying to improve mankind, getting rid of genders, clothing, male-female marriage, property, etc.

Jose Fly

It's pretty simple really. The government cannot favor one religion over others. So if public schools allow one religious group (Christians) to have a club centered around their religion, they have to allow the same for other religious groups (Satanists).

It's funny really....Satanists have become very adept at keeping an eye out for Christians getting access to public resources and stepping up and saying "Us too!!"

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's pretty simple really. The government cannot favor one religion over others. So if public schools allow one religious group (Christians) to have a club centered around their religion, they have to allow the same for other religious groups (Satanists).

It's funny really....Satanists have become very adept at keeping an eye out for Christians getting access to public resources and stepping up and saying "Us too!!"

Yeah, Satan being the primary adversary in Christianity. Ha ha, big laugh- you know what's even funnier? How you all pretend to be integral but really are nothing but fragile little snowflakes who can't pass a picture of Jesus without crumbling to dust.

Jose Fly

Yeah, Satan being the primary adversary in Christianity. Ha ha, big laugh-

I know....funny, right? :chuckle:

you know what's even funnier? How you all pretend to be integral but really are nothing but fragile little snowflakes who can't pass a picture of Jesus without crumbling to dust.

Not me. And by the same token, you shouldn't have any issue with monuments to Satan and Satanic clubs in schools.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I know....funny, right? :chuckle:

Not me. And by the same token, you shouldn't have any issue with monuments to Satan and Satanic clubs in schools.

I find it disturbing that you're distaste for Christianity is so deep that you're fine with kids being Satanists. Even insofar as making a sanctioned school club out of it :plain:

Yall are a bunch of idiots, seriously.

Jose Fly

I find it disturbing that you're distaste for Christianity is so deep that you're fine with kids being Satanists.

So you are a delicate little snowflake who is easily offended. Amazing.

Even insofar as making a sanctioned school club out of it

It's the law. Obviously this is yet another case where you Christians were expecting exclusive access to public resources, so good on the Satanic Temple for bringing that to the light. :up:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's the law. Obviously this is yet another case where you Christians were expecting exclusive access to public resources, so good on the Satanic Temple for bringing that to the light. :up:

No, it really isn't. Schools have the power to sanction things based on appropriateness. You do not have the right to start a 'Satanist' club anymore than you do a 'Sex Orgy' club.

Schools just don't have the budget to go head to head with bullies like the ACLU.

Jose Fly

No, it really isn't.
Yeah it is...that's why they keep winning.

Schools have the power to sanction things based on appropriateness. You do not have the right to start a 'Satanist' club anymore than you do a 'Sex Orgy' club.

What exactly is inappropriate about a Satanic club? Be specific.

Schools just don't have the budget to go head to head with bullies like the ACLU.

Actually in most cases it's the school's attorneys who look over case history, realize allowing one religious group access that you deny to other religious groups is a legal loser, and advise the school officials accordingly.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yeah it is...that's why they keep winning.

'Winning'?
More like 'intimidating'. It might come as a surprise to you, but most schools aren't particularly interested in religion. They have Christian clubs because the community is Christian, not because they are pushing some kind of agenda. What tey end up doing is finding an 'atheist' or 'Satanic' club as merely causing problems. But then they get a letter from your god, the ACLU, who threatens to sue them so they cave in.

That's the reality of it. You all are nothing more than troublemakers pretending to make a point about something.

What exactly is inappropriate about a Satanic club? Be specific.

Go pick up a Satanist bible, and maybe you'll understand why I mentioned 'sex orgy'.
I mean seriously, what in the hell do you think Satanism is :doh:

Jose Fly

'Winning'?
More like 'intimidating'.

No, it's winning.

What tey end up doing is finding an 'atheist' or 'Satanic' club as merely causing problems.

Where? Are the "problems" associated with delicate snowflake Christians who get offended over the mere existence of a religious club that isn't Christian?

But then they get a letter from your god, the ACLU, who threatens to sue them so they cave in.

Because they know case history and which side the law favors.

Go pick up a Satanist bible, and maybe you'll understand why I mentioned 'sex orgy'.
I mean seriously, what in the hell do you think Satanism is :doh:

So your argument is that these Satan Clubs will have orgies? Really?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
As if the kids going to public school here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North aren't messed up enough already, they'll be mentored by these misfits.

tumblr_nto9yv3idE1uql62lo1_1280.jpg

http://satanictempleseattle.tumblr.com/page/2

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No, it's winning.

Winning the Petty Crusades. Well, if it makes you feel like you're actually doing anything meaningful :idunno:

Where? Are the "problems" associated with delicate snowflake Christians who get offended over the mere existence of a religious club that isn't Christian?

You see, what you're doing is trying to reverse everything back on those whose beliefs are being assaulted. One is perfectly justified in having an issue with others who are going after them.

Because they know case history and which side the law favors.

You all just manipulate the law, and there's something that can and will be done about it. And when the law is against you, you can sit there and eat the words you're spewing now. It's the law.

So your argument is that these Satan Clubs will have orgies? Really?

What do you think those kids do on their free time? They smoke, drink, and screw each other. One might even shoot up or burn down something. Let 'Satanism' sink in for you, and think about why kids even join it in the first place.
I'm sorry that you can't accept that reality, because if you did you would see that the only people you all are really hurting are yourselves. Not Christians :wave:

Jose Fly

Winning the Petty Crusades. Well, if it makes you feel like you're actually doing anything meaningful

????????? I don't have anything to do with this. Just an interested spectator.

You see, what you're doing is trying to reverse everything back on those whose beliefs are being assaulted. One is perfectly justified in having an issue with others who are going after them.

I guess you are a delicate little snowflake who can't abide the existence of people from other religions. You see the mere existence of a Satanic club is an "assault".

Poor thing.

You all just manipulate the law, and there's something that can and will be done about it. And when the law is against you, you can sit there and eat the words you're spewing now. It's the law.

When you get anywhere near a coherent point, let me know.

What do you think those kids do on their free time? They smoke, drink, and screw each other. One might even shoot up or burn down something. Let 'Satanism' sink in for you, and think about why kids even join it in the first place.
I'm sorry that you can't accept that reality, because if you did you would see that the only people you all are really hurting are yourselves. Not Christians :wave:

Do you have any actual evidence for these accusations? Or is your own imagination your primary source?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Satanic- the worship of Satan or the powers of evil. 2. a travesty of Christian rites in which Satan is worshiped. 3. diabolical or satanic disposition, behavior, or activity

What a good 'club' to have in school. And remember, it's not because of those Christian groups, they have a purely scholastic interest in it.

:AMR:

What a sham.

Do you have any actual evidence for these accusations? Or is your own imagination your primary source?

Yes, I've seen it. I know very well what they do. How old are you, like fifty? If so, that's even more disturbing. A grown man supporting kids getting involved with that nonsense.

Jose Fly

Satanic- the worship of Satan or the powers of evil. 2. a travesty of Christian rites in which Satan is worshiped. 3. diabolical or satanic disposition, behavior, or activity

What a good 'club' to have in school.

Rather than going to the dictionary for a generic definition, it's probably more accurate to go to the people who are actually doing this.

The Satanic Temple FAQ

DO YOU WORSHIP SATAN?
It is the position of The Satanic Temple that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions. The Satanist should actively work to hone critical thinking and exercise reasonable agnosticism in all things. Our beliefs must be malleable to the best current scientific understandings of the material world — never the reverse.

DO YOU PROMOTE EVIL?
The Satanic Temple holds to the basic premise that undue suffering is bad, and that which reduces suffering is good. We do not believe in symbolic “evil.” We embrace blasphemy as a legitimate expression of personal independence from counter-productive traditional norms.

And remember, it's not because of those Christian groups, they have a purely scholastic interest in it.

They've been up front about the fact that they're doing this in response to schools allowing after-school Christian programs to have access to students. Their point is, if a school is going to allow outside Christian groups to have access to public resources, then they have to allow the same accommodations for other outside religious groups. From the article linked above...

The group says it hopes to counter the influence of Christian after-school programs, such as Good News Clubs...

..."Once religion invades schools, as The Good News Clubs have, the Satanic Temple will fight to ensure that plurality and true religious liberty are respected," the said in a statement on its website.

Yes, I've seen it. I know very well what they do. How old are you, like fifty? If so, that's even more disturbing. A grown man supporting kids getting involved with that nonsense.

Sorry, but I'm not taking your word for it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but I'm not taking your word for it.

Yeah, but you'll take theirs. The 'Satanists' :chuckle:
You really don't understand the loop they are taking people for. They are hedonists with a dormant rage against good morals.

I don't see how anyone could see 'good' in a group of people who venerate the Devil, literally or otherwise. But then again, what would a person expect from those who take little school girls seriously- those are typically the one's at the forefront of atheism in public schools. Little girls :rolleyes:

Jose Fly

Yeah, but you'll take theirs.

Well yeah....they're talking about themselves, whereas you're talking about people other than yourself. :duh:

You really don't understand the loop they are taking people for. They are hedonists with a dormant rage against good morals.

What "good morals" are they raging against?

I don't see how anyone could see 'good' in a group of people who venerate the Devil, literally or otherwise.

It helps to understand that "the devil" doesn't exist.

But then again, what would a person expect from those who take little school girls seriously- those are typically the one's at the forefront of atheism in public schools. Little girls :rolleyes:

Er....um.....what? :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Er....um.....what? :idunno:

~Little girls~

jessica-ahlquist.jpg

Unknown-240x240.jpeg

Here's two of them, being atheists, who went to the ACLU talking about an alleged unfairness in their schools.

I guess feminism wouldn't pan out, so they had to find another way to seem oppressed :rolleyes: