Sarah Palin endorses Trump

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Trump has no credibility as a conservative and no long-term history of affiliation with the Republican Party. Palin, who lacks gravitas but had a measure of credibility, is damaging what ever standing she has left as a serious power-broker.

Trump is a symptom; an object lesson being taught by voters who don’t think anything in the realm of politics matters that much anymore. A sizable and highly significant percentage of registered Republicans (a group which now includes a former VP nominee) no longer think that scrutinizing a candidate is important. Nothing is important except paying “the establishment” back for their fecklessness, failure and contempt (for conservatives and conservative ideals).

Trump support is an act of defiance. It is the rank-and-file demonstrating to the elites where the power actually lies. Defiance is sometimes healthy and necessary among adults with political bonds but, in the past, defiance was tempered by a pragmatic desire to not make things worse; to not go too far. Today, in Trumpism which has become almost a mania, there is no breaking mechanism working in the back of the minds of a certain primary voters; they don’t think it can get any worse. They don’t think they the party, the system or even the country can get worse because they doubt it can get better.

Unfortunately things can get worse; much, much worse. There is such a thing as a tipping point. There is such a thing as a point of no return. America is approaching that point if it has not reached or even surpassed it.

Dude....Seriously excellent analysis. :first:

Husband&Father

You do know the University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school?

Trump attended the Wharton School of Business at Penn.

Wharton is one of the finest (if not the best) business schools in the world.

"dumb people" don't get accepted to Wharton.

If a dumb person’s father has $500mm (in 1960s dollars) they can get in.

gcthomas

You do know the University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school?

Trump attended the Wharton School of Business at Penn.

Wharton is one of the finest (if not the best) business schools in the world.

"dumb people" don't get accepted to Wharton.

Ivy League schools are famous for their legacy programmes, and Trump's brother was known to the admissions officer (they went to school together). Trump also did not graduate with honours, despite telling everyone that he was top of his class, and a big chunk of his credit came from Fordham and he transferred in to spend two years at Wharton. His high school grades have been reported as 'respectable', which is damning by faint praise.

(In any case, I was responding to a poor claim that he had an MBA (nope) from Harvard (nope).)

And there is more to being dumb than the school you attended - and he has done a lot of dumb recently.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Last May, I spent three days in Cambridge, Mass. at Harvard's graduation ceremonies.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Also, my daughter who graduated from Penn, had a roommate who went to Wharton.

:rotfl:

So you're an Ivy League insider because you hung around a college for a few days? Well gosh, we're all impressed, I assure you.

Go on another rant about these black moochers, that way you can be honest about what really annoys you.:rolleyes:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ivy League schools are famous for their legacy programmes, and Trump's brother was known to the admissions officer (they went to school together). Trump also did not graduate with honours, despite telling everyone that he was top of his class, and a big chunk of his credit came from Fordham and he transferred in to spend two years at Wharton. His high school grades have been reported as 'respectable', which is damning by faint praise.

Getting in, and graduating are two different things.

Once you "get in", you still have to pass tests and make good grades in order to graduate.

And once your "in", the legacy means nothing. Case in point: Ruth Bader Ginsberg's daughter didn't make Law Review while at Harvard Law School.

(In any case, I was responding to a poor claim that he had an MBA (nope) from Harvard (nope).)

I didn't say he did, that was George W I was referring to.

And there is more to being dumb than the school you attended - and he has done a lot of dumb recently.

You only call him dumb because you disagree with his politics. You're no different than all the people who call Obama dumb because they disagree with his politics.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you're an Ivy League insider because you hung around a college for a few days? Well gosh, we're all impressed, I assure you.

My wife and I have paid tuition for Penn and Harvard the last seven years.

You have no idea the paperwork, and the politics that are involved in order to determine the tuition amount.

Go on another rant about these black moochers, that way you can be honest about what really annoys you.:rolleyes:

I can assure you the vast majority of black students that graduated with my daughter at Harvard were not born in the United States.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You have no idea the paperwork, and the politics that go in order to determine the tuition amount.

Sure I do. So, sorry, but you're not a resident expert. You're a guy who deals with college paperwork. Welcome to the party.

I can assure you the vast majority of black students that graduated with my daughter at Harvard were not born in the United States.

And it seems to annoy you that black people dare to attend one of the most prestigious universities in the world. I mean, gosh, how dare they. The audacity.:rolleyes:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And it seems to annoy you that black people dare to attend one of the most prestigious universities in the world. I mean, gosh, how dare they. The audacity.:rolleyes:

I see it as hypocrisy from the left.

We have all these black kids here in the United States, and the Ivy League schools are giving all the free tuition to foreign black kids to meet their minority quotas.

What about the black kids here?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sarah Palin, just like Ann Coulter, has jumped on the Trump bandwagon in a fairly pathetic effort to invigorate her own faltering popularity. Trump is where the action, and the TV camera, is. She will be all over talk radio and on a few TV news shows for a while and she will collect a few million more e-mail addresses and gather a few million more “followers” on Twitter and Facebook. Eventually she will monetize them by selling them ghost written books.

^ This.

Granite

Hall of Fame

We have all these black people here in the United States, and the Ivy League schools are giving all the free tuition to foreign black kids to meet their minority quotas.

You're a sad, sad, pathetic little man.

Here's a shovel. Keep digging. This oughta be fun.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You're a sad, sad, pathetic little man.

I can assure you that even the most very liberal white students at these Ivy League schools agree with me.

They think poor black kids from the USA should be the ones given the scholarships, not black foreigners so the schools can brag about their racial diversity.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I can assure you that even the most very liberal white students at these Ivy League schools agree with me.

This keeps getting better. You--an evangelical right-wing Christian--think you speak with authority for Ivy League students.:)

Go on about those black people you're so angry about. That was just starting to get interesting.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We have all these black kids here in the United States, and the Ivy League schools are giving all the free tuition to foreign black kids to meet their minority quotas.

Oh. Because the color of their skin means they couldn't possibly have met the qualifications, huh?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

They can get in line behind the white kids.

* Support Your Local White Boy *

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh. Because the color of their skin means they couldn't possibly have met the qualifications, huh?

Um.....I said POOR black kids.

Meaning, they couldn't get in because of the costs.

Why do you Liberals always make everything about skin color?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're the one who brought race into this discussion, knucklehead.:wazzup:

You're the one claiming dumb people can get into Ivy League Schools.

I pointed out that they can't, but black people can get in based on the color of their skin.