Santorum Shocks the World

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Santorum Shocks the World

This is the show from Wednesday, February 8th 2012.

SUMMARY:

* Santorum's Three-State Win: Presidential candidate Rick Santorum has shocked the critics and won the primaries in Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota. Guest host Doug McBurney said watching the results come in was better than watching your team win the Super Bowl. Most surprised by Santorum's win was the Republican establishment. Rush Limbaugh says, "I can't believe how insulated they [the Republican establishment] are." Doug also points out that Santorum is a good family man as he and his wife (his first and only wife of 21 years) homeschool their 7 children and Rick "disappeared" from the campaign trail for two days to see his sick daughter. Doug says that Romney was so down he was "Bradying".
bradying.jpg

* Romney and Obama's Anti-Personhood: World Net Daily points out that the only two people running for president who haven't signed the Personhood Pledge are Mitt Romney and Barrack Hussein Obama.* One Confused Homo: Last night, during a Mitt Romney speech, an unidentified man was arrested by the Secret Service for attempting a "Glitter Attack" on the beloved candidate. Doug ask how confused must that homo be? Does he not know that Romney, while governor of Massachusetts and by executive order, single handily instituted gay marriage?

February is BEL Telethon Month

Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.

1. Our newest monthly subscription is our Monthly Sermons on audio CD. For many years we have offered the sermons on MP3-CD, but now you can get the Monthly Sermons on standard audio Compact Disc that will play on any CD player, including the one in your car. All of the sermons from the month will be sent to you in a multiple CD album.

2. Monthly Bible Study Videos - You will receive a months worth of weekly Bible studies each month. These video Bible studies are great for starting a family Bible study of even a neighborhood study.

3. Monthly Sermon Videos - You will receive all sermons from the month will be sent to you on DVD. Video is a great way to watch the sermons with your family.

4. Monthly Bible Study Audios on MP3- CD.

5. Monthly Sermon Audios on MP3-CD.

6. Monthly Topical Videos - Each month your will get one of Bob's great topical videos.

7. Best of Bob - Each month you get the best 8 shows of the month on MP3-CD.

8. Monthly TV Classics

9. Monthly Donation

* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription, new monthly donation of $20.00 or more or a one time donation of $50.00 or more, we will send you Bob's video series Having a Great Prayer Life. Order online or call 303-463-7789 1-800-8Enyart

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Prior to the creation of this thread I asked a question in another thread about Santorum. I will repost it here because it relates to this particular show.

My original question:

Recently Santorum "shocks the world" as was stated on Bob Enyart's website. I listened to Doug McBurney on Bob's most recent show talk up Santorum for over the first 20 minutes. As I read through Santorum's website (in the "issues" area) I saw the following:

In the U.S. Senate, he authored two of the priority pro-life efforts that were signed into law by President George W. Bush – the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act...

I also noticed that on ProLife Profiles under Tier 1 you see Rick Santorum "Coming Soon".

How does Bob and Doug reconcile their support for Rick Santorum and their disgust for the Partial Birth Abortion Ban? Recall that Bob continued to chastise Focus on the Family for supporting the PBA ban and even wrote an analysis here.

Am I confusing different Partial Birth Abortion Bans or are these one and the same? If I am not confusing them, how can Bob condemn the PBA ban and those who support it, yet support the author of the ban?

"...And then you can kill the baby."

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Funny, I thought for sure that Enyart wasn't a fan of the Catholic Church or Catholics in general...and I'd be really surprised if an acolyte of Bullinger was somehow willing to overlook Catholicism's supposed unavoidable errors. Then again, Enyart's cozied up to Randall Terry (birds of a feather?) and his fawning over a stone thrower like Santorum isn't completely surprising from a political standpoint.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Prior to the creation of this thread I asked a question in another thread about Santorum. I will repost it here because it relates to this particular show.

My original question:

Recently Santorum "shocks the world" as was stated on Bob Enyart's website. I listened to Doug McBurney on Bob's most recent show talk up Santorum for over the first 20 minutes. As I read through Santorum's website (in the "issues" area) I saw the following:

I also noticed that on ProLife Profiles under Tier 1 you see Rick Santorum "Coming Soon".

How does Bob and Doug reconcile their support for Rick Santorum and their disgust for the Partial Birth Abortion Ban? Recall that Bob continued to chastise Focus on the Family for supporting the PBA ban and even wrote an analysis here.

Am I confusing different Partial Birth Abortion Bans or are these one and the same? If I am not confusing them, how can Bob condemn the PBA ban and those who support it, yet support the author of the ban?

"...And then you can kill the baby."
I just checked the site and I didn't see him listed under tier 1. I know that when Santorum and Gingrich signed the Personhood pledge we took them at their word until they proved otherwise. Gingrich did just that recently when he defended the Hyde amendment which contains exceptions for rape and incest. Gingrich is still in favor of Personhood legislation but only if he can get the votes, otherwise he'll support those 2 exceptions. Hence, he will be in tier 2 (Personhood whenever).

Regarding Santorum, the Personhood pledge was about exceptions. It didn't say anything about regulations. One step at a time. Like Gingrich, if they sign the pledge we take them at their word until proven otherwise. We've been waiting to see if Santorum would alter his website. If he doesn't, when his profile is published he will probably be put on tier 2. We're actually in the process of contacting him as I type this for a clarification from him.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
chatmaggot, you make great points. While I certainly don't speak for Bob, I would answer.... I'm not searching for the perfect candidate. Instead, I'm hoping for a candidate that is "within the ballpark".

Santorum seems to be a more genuine person than the other candidates. He seems to have a degree of character and principle that I appreciate. His pro-life views may not be perfect but I believe Santorum is "reachable". We could pray for him and help him come around to be even more in line.

Therefore, out of the pool of possible candidates Santorum is the only one still standing that is close enough to a real conservative that I am able to throw my support towards.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of the candidates out there he is the best choice. He is a Dad of 7 kids all home schooled. He is one prospect that is the most reachable. The rest are politics as usual and that is what this country doesn't need right now.

fool

Hall of Fame
chatmaggot, you make great points. While I certainly don't speak for Bob, I would say.... I'm not searching for the perfect candidate. Instead, I'm hoping for a candidate that is "within the ballpark".

Santorum seems to be a more genuine person. He seems to have a degree of character and principle that I appreciate. His pro-life views may not be perfect but I believe Santorum is "reachable". We could pray for him and help him come around to be even more in line.

Therefore, out of the pool of possible candidates Santorum is the only one still standing that is close enough to a real conservative that I am able to throw my support towards.

Does that make sense?

Why don't you apply the same template to Rom Paul?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
chatmaggot, you make great points. While I certainly don't speak for Bob, I would answer.... I'm not searching for the perfect candidate. Instead, I'm hoping for a candidate that is "within the ballpark".

Santorum seems to be a more genuine person than the other candidates. He seems to have a degree of character and principle that I appreciate. His pro-life views may not be perfect but I believe Santorum is "reachable". We could pray for him and help him come around to be even more in line.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for the reply...I really do appreciate it. It does make sense and I do understand that no one person will have all the qualities that someone is hoping for in a candidate.

Thanks again.

fool

Hall of Fame
Thank you for the reply...I really do appreciate it. It does make sense and I do understand that no one person will have all the qualities that someone is hoping for in a candidate.

Thanks again.

Being elected Pres. doesn't make one King. They still got to get thru Congress. I see alot of people get hung up on a single issue when that issue is somthing the Pres. won't really be able to act on anyway.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you apply the same template to Rom Paul?
Because I don't feel he is within the "ballpark".

There was a time when I thought he might be within the "ballpark". But in this campaign he has proved to be a nut.

His views on states rights are far more reaching than anything anyone else is saying or doing. Not only that but his foreign policy views are flat out asinine.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ron Paul's politics--->:kook: There is no sense to them.