Sanctification is of God !

beloved57

1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

This is a truth worthy of much reflection, how that Christ is our Sanctification before God as a Gift.

The NIV translates the word holiness

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Its the same word used in Heb 12:14

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

This is a Gift of Sanctification/Holiness apart from the efforts, obedience's, acts of men, or even before they exist physically.

God told Jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

dcon

BANNED
Banned

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

This is a truth worthy of much reflection, how that Christ is our Sanctification before God as a Gift.

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

This is a Gift of Sanctification/Holiness apart from the efforts, obedience's, acts of men, or even before they exist physically.

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
It's important to know the correct meaning of the word sanctification in order to have a discussion about it. The act or process of making holy, separating, or setting apart for the service or use of Jehovah God; the state of being holy, sanctified, or purified. “Sanctification” draws attention to the action whereby holiness is produced, made manifest, or maintained. Words drawn from the Hebrew verb qa·dhashʹ and words related to the Greek adjective haʹgi·os are rendered “holy,” “sanctified,” “made sacred,” and “set apart.”
A better understanding of the subject can be gained by a consideration of the usage of the words in the original languages. They are applied in the Scriptures to (1) Jehovah God, (2) Jesus Christ, (3) angels, (4) men and animals, (5) things, (6) periods of time or occasions, and (7) land possessions. Sometimes the Hebrew word for “sanctify” was used in the sense of preparing or making oneself ready or in fit condition. Jehovah commanded Moses to say to the complaining Israelites: “Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow, as you will certainly eat meat.” (Nu 11:18) Before Israel crossed the Jordan River, Joshua ordered: “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow Jehovah will do wonderful things in your midst.”

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

beloved57

Sanctification is in Christ alone apart from the behavior of the Child of God. Paul when writing to the church of God at Corinth, which church had many problems and divisions, starts the letter 1 Cor 1:1-2

Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

The word sanctified here is in the perfect tense. The Church of God has Sanctification in Christ which is Her Head Eph 5:23;Col 1:18

Last edited:

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned

30 [FONT=&]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holi[/FONT][FONT=&]ness and redemption.

[/FONT]

5 [FONT=&]Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.[/FONT]

Good Protestant verses- very refreshing to see some Luther and Calvin interpretation on here.
Basically everyone else just straight up sucks LOL
This site is depressing.

beloved57

It's important to know the correct meaning of the word sanctification in order to have a discussion about it. The act or process of making holy, separating, or setting apart for the service or use of Jehovah God; the state of being holy, sanctified, or purified. “Sanctification” draws attention to the action whereby holiness is produced, made manifest, or maintained. Words drawn from the Hebrew verb qa·dhashʹ and words related to the Greek adjective haʹgi·os are rendered “holy,” “sanctified,” “made sacred,” and “set apart.”
A better understanding of the subject can be gained by a consideration of the usage of the words in the original languages. They are applied in the Scriptures to (1) Jehovah God, (2) Jesus Christ, (3) angels, (4) men and animals, (5) things, (6) periods of time or occasions, and (7) land possessions. Sometimes the Hebrew word for “sanctify” was used in the sense of preparing or making oneself ready or in fit condition. Jehovah commanded Moses to say to the complaining Israelites: “Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow, as you will certainly eat meat.” (Nu 11:18) Before Israel crossed the Jordan River, Joshua ordered: “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow Jehovah will do wonderful things in your midst.”

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments, however do you understand the OP points followed by post 3 ?

beloved57

See just as the scripture teaches an imputed righteousness apart from works, it also teaches an imputed sanctification/holiness apart from works, both premised on the person and work of Jesus Christ the head of His Body the Church ! There's a perfect sanctification of all the elect whom Christ died for Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ[His Death] once for all.

Last edited:

Nanja

See just as the scripture teaches an imputed righteousness apart from works, it also teaches an imputed sanctification/holiness apart from works, both premised on the person and work of Jesus Christ the head of His Body the Church ! Theres a perfect sanctification of all the elect whom Christ died for Heb 10:10

10 [FONT="]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ[His Death] once for all.[/FONT]

Amen, just as our Brother in Christ Jeremiah was Eternally Sanctified by Imputation, so are all God's elect, by the Election of the Father in union with His Son, to be Holy and without blame before Him in love Eph. 1:4. Christ the Lamb, in the Mind and Purpose of God, was slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8 on behalf of them [the elect] exclusively. So being already Sanctified positionally by the Blood of Christ Heb. 10:10 they can never come under condemnation for anything they do or don't do in their lifetime. For according to God's Purpose and Grace they were Saved, Set Apart / Sanctified, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Faith AND works are necessary for salvation. Thats true Biblical teaching.

Rabbit trail comment not related to op!

Really? Your OP says: "This is a Gift of Sanctification/Holiness apart from the efforts"

Apart from efforts. Apparently you need to read your own OP. Your lies and heresy are so deep inside you that you apparently don't even know that you are spewing them out.

beloved57

Really? Your OP says: "This is a Gift of Sanctification/Holiness apart from the efforts"

Apart from efforts. Apparently you need to read your own OP. Your lies and heresy are so deep inside you that you apparently don't even know that you are spewing them out.

Not interested in rabbit trail !