Sabbath

clefty

I said
How come everyone does that? They jump to gross exaggerations.
Gross exagerations asserted such as the Law was destroyed...changed to another day...or is everyday

Or that the Law was nailed to the cross...that is gross

Or the new law cancels overrides or differs from the old...

As if a Spirit filled life would lead us off the Way He exemplified for us...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Sabbath is not something simple, as you make it to be. I consider it an honor to hold his day of rest in high reguard.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
That is good, and ok with me. I will not judge you for keeping the Sabbath. Its a sin to judge me for not keeping it.

Rom 14:4-7
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Gross exagerations asserted such as the Law was destroyed...changed to another day...or is everyday

Or that the Law was nailed to the cross...that is gross

Or the new law cancels overrides or differs from the old...

As if a Spirit filled life would lead us off the Way He exemplified for us...

I said
Your the one that is sinning with your nagging.

Rom 14:4-7
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

clefty

squeaky: Does it say to not steal, cheat, murder and lie in the new testament? Yes. All that is covered in the new testament. The only thing that wasn't brought over to the new testament was the Sabbath.

He did not instruct that we pray we not steal cheat murder or lie during our future times of trouble...He instructed we only pray that the Sabbath be kept...of all the commandments this is the ONE to pray remains in the future...no prayers we survive the times of troublemaker... just that we keep the Sabbath...

He could have healed on another day by simply telling everyone to come after the Sabbath to be healed to keep the peace but He didn't...He used the opportunity to make great theatre and drama to cause attention and "make 'em talk" that on the Sabbath there be healing...

He purposely chose that day to do what He did to rouse the rabbis to affirm the true Spirit of the Sabbath...what a rabbi rouser lol(Still funny)

Noone but the Lord of the Sabbath was to define what the Sabbath was and how it was to be kept...He modeled it for believers and instructed to live and love JUST AS He did...to keep His commandments which He gave at creation...

How is that not bringing it to the NT from the OT?

clefty

squeaky: I disreguard the Sabbath because I was called outside the church.

You were called into it to live and love JUST AS He did...

...if you Love Him...

The Father must draw you...to do His will follow His way just as the church in the wilderness had to learn...

Other Pharisees, who added to the word, rejected this and stoned Stephen who said as much...

clefty

squeaky:

17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
(NKJ)

Paul was called outside the church. That is why Peter was called while in the church.

Notice it is commandments of God not Jesus is what matters.

Sabbath is not circumcision.

Nothing here about Sabbath.

Paul kept Sabbath and Peter kosher even...

Neither had Sunday Ham

clefty

squeaky: Only those who are in Christ and keep His Word will be judged by the new testament law of Christ. The new testament law of Christ overrides the old testament law of sin and death.

Those in Christ and keep His Word will still be judged by the OT Law...but will be given grace and mercy to override the curse of the Law guaranteed by His propriation...Not the Law itself...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Those in Christ and keep His Word will still be judged by the OT Law...but will be given grace and mercy to override the curse of the Law guaranteed by His propriation...Not the Law itself...

I said
Your an idiot. What do you do just make this stuff up as you go. Spread your deception some where else.

clefty

I think Adam and Eve knew the Sabbath. They knew good from evil. It's for sure Moses knew the Sabbath before he went to the mountain.

They knew He rested and was refreshed and made in His image why would they not emulate Him?

And when that day was over they knew another day, not set apart, sanctified or made Holy, began...

Ample evidence Noah (rest) knew years and weeks...was blameless...thus obedient in all things

Abraham too obeyed decrees ordinances commandments...

No reason why the Law was revealed progressively as time went on...Rachel knew idolatry was wrong...Joseph knew fornication with his masters wife was a sin against his own God not his master...

The 10 words describing God lifestyle and defining His people were presented at Sinai to a slave people who had forgotten everything...

Moses first asked of pharoah for a day of rest...

clefty

Adam and Eve lived in a continuous Sabbath at the first.

They had work to do...tend to the garden...and made in His image meant to do As He did emulate Him...mirror not His image but His actions...and when He rested they did...

and when the next day began it was not set apart not sanctified nor holy but they were rested and refreshed as He was...

Tell me, did the early church sin against the Sabbath law?
nothing there in Acts 20:7 about the Sabbath not being kept...

Nor was it Sunday services...the writer knew how to write the Lords supper in Greek but did not...so no Eucharist just breaking of the bread as they did every day...

Meeting to see Paul off on a long trip after the days of unleavened bread would be normal...

But you think it was a Sunday service, not keeping the sabbath, but they kept the festivals?

Did Jesus disciples sin also?

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Nope...as He explained upholding and defining the true spirit of Sabbath...notice He didn't admonish His disciples to settle down and keep the peace as all this sabbath stuff would be ended shortly...no "just stop provoking the rabbis until after I am dead and then ya can choose whatever day or everyday and do whatever..."

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Please explain.

LA
well the context is getting to the promised land...like Joshua crossing into Jordan...and until we enter that rest in paradise... happily we still have a Sabbath keeping...if we are God's people

Hope that helps...

clefty

I said
Why does it bother Sabbath keepers so much when we all worship the same God.

Some with golden calves...leading others astray...we are to correct or cast them out of the body...

I cant believe that Paul on all his journeys stop walking every 7 days. Or that when he entered a town 3 or 4 days after setting up a church in another town. That he told the people I cant talk to you for another 4 days.

Believe it buddy...Paul even told the crowding Gentiles to come back the next sabbath to hear more...

He could have said come back tomorrow or meet me at Apollo square and I will teach you more but he didn't...

Even hurried to keep festival days...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
They knew He rested and was refreshed and made in His image why would they not emulate Him?

And when that day was over they knew another day, not set apart, sanctified or made Holy, began...

Ample evidence Noah (rest) knew years and weeks...was blameless...thus obedient in all things

Abraham too obeyed decrees ordinances commandments...

No reason why the Law was revealed progressively as time went on...Rachel knew idolatry was wrong...Joseph knew fornication with his masters wife was a sin against his own God not his master...

The 10 words describing God lifestyle and defining His people were presented at Sinai to a slave people who had forgotten everything...

Moses first asked of pharoah for a day of rest...

I said
lolo All old testament. Your an idiot. Do you know what an idiot is?

clefty

It has a lot to do with distancing themselves from the RCC heresies.

LA

Bingo...Sunday keeping is their thing as they acknowledge it is not found in scripture but is in their tradition as they have the power to change immutable laws apparently...

Not sure why so many Protestants insist it is in scripture...oh wait yes I do...lol

They think those learned doctors overlooked something so now they can somehow prove they are following scripture not papists...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Some with golden calves...leading others astray...we are to correct or cast them out of the body...

Believe it buddy...Paul even told the crowding Gentiles to come back the next sabbath to hear more...

He could have said come back tomorrow or meet me at Apollo square and I will teach you more but he didn't...

Even hurried to keep festival days...

I said
lolo What is wrong with you? Do you know you are an idiot? Its easy to see why the Lord tells us not to take a public stand one why or another on the Sabbath. Because there are people like you. Who picks and choses certain parts to believe. And set out on a quest to nag everyone into agreeing with you. I still think your a muslim trying to cause confusion.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lolo What is wrong with you? Do you know you are an idiot? Its easy to see why the Lord tells us not to take a public stand one why or another on the Sabbath. Because there are people like you. Who picks and choses certain parts to believe. And set out on a quest to nag everyone into agreeing with you. I still think your a muslim trying to cause confusion.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

Yup...let no one judge you except the body of Christ...

And yup...the Sabbath still IS pointing to better things...

The Lord does ask us to do it one way...JUST AS He did...take a stand

As the disciples did...

Imagine if they could have compromised and chosen as you assert...

Made changes to go along to get along...

keypurr

Bingo...Sunday keeping is their thing as they acknowledge it is not found in scripture but is in their tradition as they have the power to change immutable laws apparently...

Not sure why so many Protestants insist it is in scripture...oh wait yes I do...lol

They think those learned doctors overlooked something so now they can somehow prove they are following scripture not papists...
Sunday has always been the day of the sun god.