Sabbath 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sabbath

Rom 14:1-10

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Matt 12:1-8
1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5 "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6 "Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.
7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Matt 12:10-14
10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
13 Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.
John 5:6-22
6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?"
7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me."
8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk."
9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath.
10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed."
11 He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'"
12 Then they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?"
13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.
17 But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working."
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
20 "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx In the old testament keeping the Sabbath was part of the law. But keeping the Sabbath day holy is not in the new testament. We have a choice. To keep it or not.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus broke the Sabbath many times. And was blameless. David broke the Sabbath and was blameless.

Matt 12:2-8
2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5 "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
(NKJ)

Mark 2:24-28
24 And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"
25 But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him:
26 "how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat, except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?"
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
(NKJ)

Luke 6:2-11
2 And some of the Pharisees said to them, "Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?"
3 But Jesus answering them said, "Have you not even read this, what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he went into the house of God, took and ate the showbread, and also gave some to those with him, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat?"
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
6 Now it happened on another Sabbath, also, that He entered the synagogue and taught. And a man was there whose right hand was withered.
7 So the scribes and Pharisees watched Him closely, whether He would heal on the Sabbath, that they might find an accusation against Him.
8 But He knew their thoughts, and said to the man who had the withered hand, "Arise and stand here." And he arose and stood.
9 Then Jesus said to them, "I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?"
10 And when He had looked around at them all, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he did so, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.
11 But they were filled with rage, and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus.
(NKJ)

John 5:10-13
10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed."
11 He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'"
12 Then they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?"
13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.
(NKJ)

But if you keep the law of the Sabbath you will NOT BE blameless.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have given you revelation after revelation on the difference between
Old testament and new testament
Old covenant and new covenant
Old testament law and new testament law

You cant keep them both. The contradict each other. Old testament is the law of sin and death and the new testament is the law of Christ. the law of Christ delivers us from the law of sin and death.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Some new Christians stumble in their judging others by judging them according to them selves and not by judging them according to the Word. This is a mistake by those in the milk understanding. Vegetarians judge those in the meat understanding according to what the vegetarian does and not according to the Word. Some in the milk that keep the Sabbath in the milk understanding judge those in the meat understanding that don't keep the Sabbath according to themselves, and not according to the Word. Whether your a vegetarian or you keep the Sabbath if you judge others according to what you do and not according to the Word of God. You are being deceived by the devil. And you are hindering your own growth in the Spirit.

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all
things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was a seven day a week believer. Not a Sabbath day believer. Jesus was our example of being a seven day a week believer. Seven day a week preachers. Whether in a church or in the wilderness. Be ready to learn or to preach seven days a week.

Matt 11:7-10
7 As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
8 "But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed, those who wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9 "But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.
10 "For this is he of whom it is written: 'Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, who will prepare Your way before You.'
(NKJ)

Matt 15:33
33 Then His disciples said to Him, "Where could we get enough bread in the wilderness to fill such a great multitude?"
(NKJ)

Mark 1:12
12 And immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness.
(NKJ)

Mark 1:14-15
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
(NKJ)

Mark 8:4
4 Then His disciples answered Him, "How can one satisfy these people with bread here in the wilderness?"
(NKJ)

Luke 4:1
1 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
(NKJ)

Luke 15:2-4
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."
3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:
4 "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?
(NKJ)

2 Tim 4:2-4
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Remember even common sense tells you that every preacher is working on the Sabbath. They are not resting on the Sabbath.

clefty

Sabbath

Rom 14:1-10

2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Matt 12:1-8
1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
Matt 12:10-14
10 And behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. And they asked Him, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"-- that they might accuse Him.
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
13 Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out and plotted against Him, how they might destroy Him.
John 5:6-22
6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?"
7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me."
8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk."
9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.
17 But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working."
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.
19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
20 "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21 "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
Mark 2:27-28
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx In the old testament keeping the Sabbath was part of the law. But keeping the Sabbath day holy is not in the new testament. We have a choice. To keep it or not.

Lol what? another thread in weak attempt to maintain the lies?

He kept the Sabbath to model it for us and instructed prayers Sabbath be kept in the future...even after His return to heaven...

He kept the Sabbath even after signing and sealing the new covenant...the first day of the new covenant age He spent rest in on the Sabbath and rising refreshed...even His followers hurried to continue keeping the Sabbath right after He sealed it...

clefty

Jesus broke the Sabbath many times. And was blameless. David broke the Sabbath and was blameless.

Matt 12:2-8
(NKJ)

Mark 2:24-28
24 And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"
25 But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him:
26 "how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat, except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?"
(NKJ)

Luke 6:2-11
2 And some of the Pharisees said to them, "Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?"
3 But Jesus answering them said, "Have you not even read this, what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he went into the house of God, took and ate the showbread, and also gave some to those with him, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat?"
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
6 Now it happened on another Sabbath, also, that He entered the synagogue and taught. And a man was there whose right hand was withered.
7 So the scribes and Pharisees watched Him closely, whether He would heal on the Sabbath, that they might find an accusation against Him.
8 But He knew their thoughts, and said to the man who had the withered hand, "Arise and stand here." And he arose and stood.
9 Then Jesus said to them, "I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?"
10 And when He had looked around at them all, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he did so, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.
11 But they were filled with rage, and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus.
(NKJ)

John 5:10-13
(NKJ)

But if you keep the law of the Sabbath you will NOT BE blameless.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Jesus broke the sabbath many times? LOLOL is exactly what you Pharisees think and accuse...falsely

He showed its TRUE SPIRIT...healing and refreshment

They falsely accused Paul of the very same thing that he preached a change in the law...he denied it and made a vow to God showing his innocence loyalty and faithfulness in keeping the His law the temple was built for...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If you judge according to the Scriptures, you're a hypocrite because everyone falls short of it- that is why Christians have resorted to making up this idea that they are 'made perfect' when they are really 'made acceptable'. And in this day and age, that's hardly so among many who claim to be believers.
Moreover, people will judge others of sins they themselves are not guilty of, as to hide their hypocrisy or mask their shortcomings in holiness. So no matter what, a person tends to do more harm than good in judging- to themselves as well as others.

A person is called to speak the truth, and judge only in spiritual circumstances within the Body- the Bible does not teach to make a career out of judging others, shaming others, or putting yourself up on a pedestal. And it surely doesn't teach one to justify selfishness- I see all matter of mistakes with Christians, who aren't thinking anything of them because what it really comes down to is they don't care.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus broke the sabbath many times? LOLOL is exactly what you Pharisees think and accuse...falsely

They falsely accused Paul of the very same thing that he preached a change in the law...he denied it and made a vow to God showing his innocence loyalty and faithfulness in keeping the His law the temple was built for...

I said
Don't start your heresy over here also. Christs law is Gods law. But it is a different law in the new testament from the old testament. I have showed you that and proven it over and over. You speak blasphemy against the Word of God. Prove what you say or don't say it here.

Heb 7:11-12
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Your lying again.

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you judge according to the Scriptures, you're a hypocrite because everyone falls short of it- that is why Christians have resorted to making up this idea that they are 'made perfect' when they are really 'made acceptable'. And in this day and age, that's hardly so among many who claim to be believers.
Moreover, people will judge others of sins they themselves are not guilty of, as to hide their hypocrisy or mask their shortcomings in holiness. So no matter what, a person tends to do more harm than good in judging- to themselves as well as others.

A person is called to speak the truth, and judge only in spiritual circumstances within the Body- the Bible does not teach to make a career out of judging others, shaming others, or putting yourself up on a pedestal. And it surely doesn't teach one to justify selfishness- I see all matter of mistakes with Christians, who aren't thinking anything of them because what it really comes down to is they don't care.

I said
We are suppose to use righteous judgment. That is when we listen and let the Holy Spirit do the judging, and He only quotes verses.

John 7:24
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 6:4-5
4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?
5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Don't start your heresy over here also. Christs law is Gods law. But it is a different law in the new testament from the old testament. I have showed you that and proven it over and over. You speak blasphemy against the Word of God. Prove what you say or don't say it here.

(NKJ)

Same law but different...interesting...so the house is divided?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I said
I have showed you that they are different. I have showed you with verses with revelations. And it all in the scriptures. If you would care to read them. That is why Jesus came. It would do you good to start purging your carnality.

clefty

I said
I have showed you that they are different. I have showed you with verses with revelations. And it all in the scriptures. If you would care to read them. That is why Jesus came. It would do you good to start purging your carnality.

Ok then...your paradise is a house divided...fascinating

clefty

I said
Now your going to criticize God for doing it His Way. You are arrogant.

No...I am criticizing your squeaks which erroneously claim He divided His house...

He taught this:

Matt 12: 25 "Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"

He is the same yesterday today tomorrow..."I do not change"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No...I am criticizing your squeaks which erroneously claim He divided His house...

He taught this:

Matt 12: 25 "Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?"

He is the same yesterday today tomorrow..."I do not change"

I said
Jesus house is the new testament. You are the one dividing it by adding the old testament. I have shown you hundreds of verses all saying stay away from the old testament. You are trying to cause many to fall from grace. Your the evil one.

(NKJ)

The only justification you have for your argument is the old testament law.

clefty

I said
Jesus house is the new testament. You are the one dividing it by adding the old testament. I have shown you hundreds of verses all saying stay away from the old testament. You are trying to cause many to fall from grace. Your the evil one.

(NKJ)

The only justification you have for your argument is the old testament law.

And His teaching in the new...

Lol...Even in the OT Yah's Law was not kept in order to be justified...

it was kept because they already were...and it was grace that got them out of Egypt...they were not saved for anything they did but because they believed they were descendants of a man who loved the true God...and gratitude for being saved made them wish to keep the Law...

Righteousness was added because of belief...and true faith compels obedience

Israel was saved because Yah is grace and mercy and keeps His word not because of anything done to earn or deserve it...

No one is good but Yah...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And His teaching in the new...

Lol...Even in the OT Yah's Law was not kept in order to be justified...

it was kept because they already were...and it was grace that got them out of Egypt...they were not saved for anything they did but because they believed they were descendants of a man who loved the true God...and gratitude for being saved made them wish to keep the Law...

Righteousness was added because of belief...and true faith compels obedience

Israel was saved because Yah is grace and mercy and keeps His word not because of anything done to earn or deserve it...

No one is good but Yah...

I said
Blah blah blah. That is a bunch of phoney camouflage.
What does it say?

(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.