Ronald Reagan's prophecy

nikolai_42

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

From the Press Secretary's July 6th briefing :

THE U.S. WILL BE NEARING 160 MILLION PEOPLE FULLY VACCINATED. WHICH IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT, THAT FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE ARE PROTECTED AGAINST THE DELTA VARIANT. HE STRESSED HOW THE MINISTRY SHALL CONTINUE ITS -- THE ADMINISTRATION SHALL CONTINUE ITS EFFORTS TO GET AMERICANS VACCINATED TO MAKE VACCINES AVAILABLE AND RESPONSE HOTSPOTS. THE PRESIDENT WILL OUTLINE FIVE AREAS HIS TEAM IS FOCUSED ON TO GET MORE AMERICANS VACCINATED. ONE, TARGETED BY COMMUNITY DOOR-TO-DOOR OUTREACH TO GET REMAINING AMERICANS VACCINATED TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE INFORMATION THEY NEED ON HOW BOTH SAFE AND ACCESSIBLE THE VACCINE IS.
{Source : https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4968...egin-door-door-outreach-covid-19-vaccinations}

The government in "door-to-door outreach" ? And "the information they need"? Ugh...

nikolai_42

And a related "teachable moment"...showing what is driving this mindset. This is a quote from an exchange between CNN's Brianna Keilar and HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra (from an editorial that appeared in the Washington Examiner and that was republished on MSN) :

“I wonder if you can answer that criticism,” the anchor said. “It's none of the government's business knowing who has or hasn't been vaccinated. What do you say?”

Becerra responded, saying, “Brianna, perhaps we should point out that the federal government has spent trillions of dollars to keep Americans alive during this pandemic. So, it is absolutely the government's business. It is taxpayers' business if we have to continue to spend money to try to keep people from contracting COVID and helping reopen the economy.”

“And so it is our business to try to make sure Americans can prosper,” he added, “Americans can freely associate. And knocking on a door has never been against the law. You don't have to answer, but we hope you do. Because if you haven't been vaccinated, we can help dispel some of the rumors you heard and hopefully get you vaccinated.”
{Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...epy-door-to-door-comments-show-why/ar-AALXZ24}

Clearly, the Feds think they are the parents and citizens are the children. "Your father and I spent good money on this healthcare for you and you are going to use it AND you're going to be grateful. Have I made myself clear?!?". Of course (as the editorial even points out) this is taxpayer money. And government was never meant to "make sure" anyone prospers. They are there to regulate interactions - to govern (gasp!) - not to make decisions for people.

Reagan was thinking of bureaucrats like Becerra when he said what he said. Government, to them, is the way to solve all your problems.