Ron Paul is pro-choice on abortion, state by state

illusionray

I'll address everything else later, but regarding Iraq...

I can't condone much of what is on this site, but this is a great article:

http://www.outsidethecamp.org/atrocities.htm

Also, the official statistics say that 109K were killed. Do you really believe for a second all of those people were a threat to the US? Yeah right.

Also: We spent a trillion dollars of tax money on it. There's nothing conservative about that.
Perhaps you're not using the US govt definition of the word "militant". When the US says they killed "militants", they mean any male person who is of military age and within a strike zone. Hahahaha. I'm not kidding, that is their definition.

Christian Liberty

Perhaps you're not using the US govt definition of the word "militant". When the US says they killed "militants", they mean any male person who is of military age and within a strike zone. Hahahaha. I'm not kidding, that is their definition.

I know you aren't kidding, and I'm aware of this. And I would say in response: I accept the Biblical definition of murder, and I believe killing an innocent person, even legally, applies. It doesn't matter if they are a combatant according to the US government's definition. Heck, I would even consider those Iraqi soldiers killed by US soldiers to have been murdered. Like them or not, they were defending their country against American aggression.

1. No, I do not think that amount of people were a threat to us.
  2. That said, I do not see this as evidence of the claims. It is simply more claims, with no support.
  3. Just to clarify I do not actually support said war, as I think it was unnecessary.

How are you defining murder?

And yes, I understand you don't support the war. Alan Keyes changed his stance multiple times. If he supported it at first and changed his mind, that would be one thing, but he flip flopped on the issue multiple times. It seems like you don't care much about foreign policy, but that's a dealbreaker for me. Abortion is pretty big too, I wouldn't vote for a Roe v Wade advocate, but I don't believe government can actually stop abortion either. I do believe that foreign policy adventurism has HUGE reprecussions for everyone, and unlike abortion, they have the Evangelical support for murder overseas. I can't support any candidate that's OK with doing any of that.

illusionray

I know you aren't kidding, and I'm aware of this. And I would say in response: I accept the Biblical definition of murder, and I believe killing an innocent person, even legally, applies. It doesn't matter if they are a combatant according to the US government's definition. Heck, I would even consider those Iraqi soldiers killed by US soldiers to have been murdered. Like them or not, they were defending their country against American aggression
I salute you for not swallowing the govt's definition and morals hook, line and sinker. You know those cattle who abandon their own morality and integrity and follow the govt's morals (basically normal human beings) like sheep, they are the ones who aren't really thinking for themselves. When you take the word of God and use those definitions, that is the true righteousness.

Christian Liberty

I salute you for not swallowing the govt's definition and morals hook, line and sinker. You know those cattle who abandon their own morality and integrity and follow the govt's morals (basically normal human beings) like sheep, they are the ones who aren't really thinking for themselves. When you take the word of God and use those definitions, that is the true righteousness.

This is pretty much most people. And yeah, I swallowed their crap for a long time. Ron Paul woke me up, and once I was exposed to Ron Paul, I couldn't go back.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How are you defining murder?
that's irrelevant.

Alan Keyes changed his stance multiple times. If he supported it at first and changed his mind, that would be one thing, but he flip flopped on the issue multiple times. It seems like you don't care much about foreign policy, but that's a dealbreaker for me. Abortion is pretty big too, I wouldn't vote for a Roe v Wade advocate, but I don't believe government can actually stop abortion either. I do believe that foreign policy adventurism has HUGE reprecussions for everyone, and unlike abortion, they have the Evangelical support for murder overseas. I can't support any candidate that's OK with doing any of that.
None of this is relevant to our discussion either.

Christian Liberty

:sarcasm: What a godless pervert that Ron Paul is along with his son Rand!:sarcasm:

I wish Rand Paul were more pro-life on foreign policy issues. Rand has disappointed me a lot between May 2013 and now. I'm honestly not sure if I support him anymore. And I've seen several other people who once supported Rand not do so because he's grown less libertarian since 2010.