ROMANS: THE WRATH OF GOD

DougE

(Romans 1:18-20 KJV) 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The wrath of God has been revealed. God is just because mankind, by the creation, has seen the invisible attributes of God and is without excuse; mankind has held the revealed truth of God in unrighteousness.

What has been known of God from the creation has been expressed in scripture:

(Psalm 19:1-4 KJV) 1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 3 [There is] no speech nor language, [where] their voice is not heard. 4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

(Psalm 8:3 KJV) When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

(Psalm 143:5 KJV) I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

God, by his grace, has saved us from wrath and reconciled us through Christ:

(Romans 5:6 KJV) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.