ROMANS: DEAD TO SIN

DougE

Romans 6:11 KJV - Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are to reckon it to be so that we are dead to sin through Christ.

Romans 6:13 KJV - Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

We decide not to yield to sin knowing we have been raised from the dead and are alive in Christ.

Romans 6:14 KJV - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

By the law was the knowledge of sin, but not the power not to yield to sin.

Romans 6:17 KJV - But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

We are to obey what Paul has taught us by his doctrinal teachings and decide not to yield to sin, but be servants to God and righteousness.

OZOS

The only way you can yield to sin is to serve the Law. This is what Paul means when he talks about "walking after (according to) the flesh".

Bradley D

The only way you can yield to sin is to serve the Law. This is what Paul means when he talks about "walking after (according to) the flesh".
Paul tells us that the law points out our sins. Only through Christ's sacrifice can my sins be cleansed.

OZOS

Paul tells us that the law points out our sins. Only through Christ's sacrifice can my sins be cleansed.
That is correct, the Law does reveal sin, which is why the apostle Paul also said...

"We are released from the Law" - Rom 7:6
We are "not under the Law" Rom 6:14
"Apart from the Law, sin is dead" Rom Rom 7:8
"The righteous live by faith" Gal 3:11
"The Law is not of faith" Gal 3:12

And it is also correct that ONLY Christ's once for all sacrifice can cleanse sins. Heb 7:27; Heb 9:12; Heb 10:10; 1 Peter 3:18
There is no more sacrifice for sins.

So again, as I already pointed out to you, the ONLY way you can "yield to sin" is to serve (observe) the Law. The Law proves that you have sin. Observing the Law, is walking according to the flesh, because the Law reveals sin in the flesh.

"For I do not understand what I am doing; for I am not practicing what I want to do, but I do the very thing I hate. However, if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, that the Law is good. But now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me." Rom 7:15-20

The power of sin is the Law. The only way that YOU can be free from sin, is to no longer serve the Law, and that is only possible if you have "died to the Law, having been crucified with Christ and raised to new life (a new creation).

YOU are still in the flesh (serving the Law), and not in the Spirit (walking by faith in the FINISHED work of the cross). You have yet to believe the Gospel.

marke

Romans 6:11 KJV - Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are to reckon it to be so that we are dead to sin through Christ.

Romans 6:13 KJV - Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

We decide not to yield to sin knowing we have been raised from the dead and are alive in Christ.

Romans 6:14 KJV - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

By the law was the knowledge of sin, but not the power not to yield to sin.

Romans 6:17 KJV - But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

We are to obey what Paul has taught us by his doctrinal teachings and decide not to yield to sin, but be servants to God and righteousness.
If we believe God has delivered us from death and sin then let us consider our bodies a living sacrifice to be subjected to His will and no other, and let us walk with Him in the Spirit and not in the flesh.