ROMANS 1:6 CALLED TO BE SAINTS

DougE

Is this what Jerry believes?

Jerry believes those under the kingdom message received eternal life when they believed Jesus was the Christ even though they did not know Christ had to die for their sins thus placing them in the body of Christ and receivers of heavenly gifts in Christ not a earthly kingdom.

That is what the gospel of the kingdom is. The earthly Davidic kingdom was at hand. The Jews had to believe in the name of Jesus, that he is Messiah, the Son of God (John 20:31) and observe the law for righteousness (Matthew 5:19) and be baptized for remission of sins and to receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38) to enter the kingdom.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry.... your zealotry is AMAZING!

I just want everyone to be warned about your teaching because your teaching flat out denies the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews.

I also want others to see that you just "ignore" verses which contradict your strange teaching.

Jerry Shugart

The Jews had to believe in the name of Jesus, that he is Messiah, the Son of God (John 20:31) and observe the law for righteousness (Matthew 5:19) and be baptized for remission of sins and to receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38) to enter the kingdom.

The Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law the following in regard to how they were saved:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

DougE

The Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law the following in regard to how they were saved:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

They had to believe on the Lord Jesus for eternal life. But they had to be baptized, observe the law, confess Jesus and be righteous to enter the kingdom. They could believe unto eternal life but not enter the kingdom (Luke 13:28).
John 6:47 is true but look further in John 6:69 to see that they confessed him as Messiah, the Son of God....that is what they were to believe.

Right Divider

Body part
I just want everyone to be warned about your teaching because your teaching flat out denies the words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews.

I also want others to see that you just "ignore" verses which contradict your strange teaching.
I deny NOTHING and "teach" nothing strange.

You are a wild-eyed zealot that cannot discuss anything.

Jerry Shugart

I deny NOTHING and "teach" nothing strange.

You are a wild-eyed zealot that cannot discuss anything.

I am willing to discuss any verse in the Bible. On the other hand, you refuse to discuss the meaning of the following words spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

Right Divider

Body part
I am willing to discuss any verse in the Bible. On the other hand, you refuse to discuss the meaning of the following words spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

Again your pet verses. Back to the ignore list for you.

Jerry Shugart

They had to believe on the Lord Jesus for eternal life. But they had to be baptized, observe the law, confess Jesus and be righteous to enter the kingdom. They could believe unto eternal life but not enter the kingdom (Luke 13:28).

So even though the Jews who believed had eternal life they couldn't enter the kingdom?

As far as baptism goes, before anyone could be baptized with water theyhad to first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God"
(Acts 8:36-37).​

Before the eunuch was baptized with water he was already "born of God" because he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God..For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"
(1 Jn.5:1,4-5).​

There can be no doubt that the eunuch received eternal life and was "born of God" before he was baptized with water so we can know that being baptized with water does not contribute in any way to anyone being saved.

Here is what is said about law keeping in regard to salvation:

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Law keeping never contributed to anyone's salvation in any way, shape or form.

Despite this you say that they had to obey the law in order to enter the kingdom.

What the Lord Jesus said to the Jews who lived under the law in the following verses is either true or it is false:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath eternal life"
(Jn.6:47).​

I say that what He said is "true," that it only took faith to receive eternal life and to be born of God, "born again." And those who are born again will enter the kingdom.

Jerry Shugart

Back to the ignore list for you.

The only ignore list you have is filled with words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law. Here is another quote from the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law that you can add to your ignore list:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath eternal life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

You can also add the following words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law on your ignore list:

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day"
(Jn.6:40).​

DougE

So even though the Jews who believed had eternal life they couldn't enter the kingdom?

As far as baptism goes, before anyone could be baptized with water theyhad to first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God"
(Acts 8:36-37).​

Before the eunuch was baptized with water he was already "born of God" because he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God..For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"
(1 Jn.5:1,4-5).​

There can be no doubt that the eunuch received eternal life and was "born of God" before he was baptized with water so we can know that being baptized with water does not contribute in any way to anyone being saved.

Here is what is said about law keeping in regard to salvation:

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Law keeping never contributed to anyone's salvation in any way, shape or form.

Despite this you say that they had to obey the law in order to enter the kingdom.

What the Lord Jesus said to the Jews who lived under the law in the following verses is either true or it is false:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath eternal life"
(Jn.6:47).​

I say that what He said is "true," that it only took faith to receive eternal life and to be born of God, "born again." And those who are born again will enter the kingdom.

The Jews had to believe the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve (Matthew 4:23). If they believed on the Lord Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God they had eternal life. They then had to obey the commandment to be baptized upon being saved unto eternal life for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 Mark 16:16). They were baptized to be saved Not unto eternal life, but delivered physically into the kingdom (Mark 16:16). Baptism cleansed them to be priests to enter the kingdom (Revelation 5:10). In being baptized they justified God (Luke 7:29) in obeying what God said to do. Baptism in Acts 2:38 was also to receive the Holy Ghost to cause them to obey his statutes to be righteous to enter the kingdom ; this is the fulfillment of the new testament (Ezekiel 36:26-28). They could still be unprofitable and not enter the kingdom and be in outer darkness (Matthew 25:30).
Law keeping never saved them unto eternal life, faith did, but they were under covenants and had to obey the commandments (Revelation 14:12) and endure to the end(Matthew 10:22) to enter the kingdom on earth.

Jerry Shugart

The Jews had to believe the gospel of the kingdom preached by Jesus and the twelve (Matthew 4:23). If they believed on the Lord Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God they had eternal life. They then had to obey the commandment to be baptized upon being saved unto eternal life for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 Mark 16:16). They were baptized to be saved Not unto eternal life, but delivered physically into the kingdom (Mark 16:16).

So even though the Jews who believed had eternal life they couldn't enter the kingdom? Where are they going to spend this eternal life which is in the Son (1 Jn.5:11)?

DougE

So even though the Jews who believed had eternal life they couldn't enter the kingdom? Where are they going to spend this eternal life which is in the Son (1 Jn.5:11)?

I can not go beyond scripture and answer this...I can only cite scripture that says they will be cast into outer darkness and lose positions in the kingdom:
Matthew 8:12
Matthew 22:13
Matthew 24:51
Matthew 25:30
Luke 13:28

Jerry Shugart

I can not go beyond scripture and answer this...I can only cite scripture that says they will be cast into outer darkness and lose positions in the kingdom:

So even though the Bible says that those who believe shall not perish you say that the Jews who lived under the law and believed will be cast into outer darkness if they don't do certain works?:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3:16).​

This is getting stranger and stranger!

DougE

So even though the Bible says that those who believe shall not perish you say that the Jews who lived under the law and believed will be cast into outer darkness if they don't do certain works?:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3:16).​

This is getting stranger and stranger!

Being cast into outer darkness does not mean they perish.

Notice that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth in the verses I gave you.......now look at these verses:
Matthew 13:42
Matthew 13:50
It says they are cast into fire which is hell and there is wailing, not weeping.. so being cast into outer darkness is not the same as being cast into fire.

Jerry Shugart

Being cast into outer darkness does not mean they perish.

Here is what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

Of course the Jews who lived under the law and believed died physically so the "death" referred to in "bold" can only be speaking of the "second death":

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death"
(Rev.20:4).​

DougE

Here is what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

Of course the Jews who lived under the law and believed died physically so the "death" referred to in "bold" can only be speaking of the "second death":

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death"
(Rev.20:4).​

I am sorry but I don't understand what you are getting at here.
The unprofitable, unfaithful believing Jew is not cast into hell or the lake of fire, but is not given position in the 1000year kingdom.

Jerry Shugart

Law keeping never saved them unto eternal life, faith did, but they were under covenants and had to obey the commandments (Revelation 14:12) and endure to the end(Matthew 10:22) to enter the kingdom on earth.

Peter will sit upon one of the twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Isrel. And he stated that he was saved on the principle of grace just like the Gentiles:

"God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are" (Acts 15:8-11).​

If it is of grace then it cannot be of works because grace and works are mutually exclusive.

DougE

Peter will sit upon one of the twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Isrel. And he stated that he was saved on the principle of grace just like the Gentiles:

"God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are" (Acts 15:8-11).​

If it is of grace then it cannot be of works because grace and works are mutually exclusive.

Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Peter is referring to Acts 10:45 where the Gentiles believed Peter's preaching and received the Holy Ghost.

15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

By faith the Gentiles believed on Jesus and that through his name they would have remission of sins (Acts 10:43).

15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Peter says it is by the grace of the Lord Jesus they are saved and the Gentiles are saved. The Jews could not keep the law to enter the earthly kingdom. They had to be empowered by the Holy Ghost by the new testament (Ezekiel 36:24-28). The grace Peter speaks of is Jesus shedding his blood for the new testament to forgive the sins committed under the old one and his resurrection to assure his return to establish the kingdom and the giving of the Holy Ghost so they could keep the commandments.
But it is only by grace that Israel could ever be righteous enough to enter the kingdom.

Jerry Shugart

But it is only by grace that Israel could ever be righteous enough to enter the kingdom.

In order to enter the kingdom a Jew who lived under the law had to be "born again." And Peter tells the Jews to whom he wrote his first epistle that they were born again:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​