Republicans Shout Down Lindsey Graham for Pushing Vaccine

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was booed by Republican activists Saturday after he suggested they should consider taking the coronavirus vaccine, making him the latest prominent Republican to face a backlash from the party’s grassroots over the vaccine.

Speaking at a county Republican event in Summerville, South Carolina, Graham said he had received the vaccine and encouraged audience members to take the vaccine as well.

“If you haven’t had the vaccine you ought to think about getting it because if you’re my age—” Graham said, before he was interrupted by boos and shouts of “No!” from the audience.

“I didn’t tell you to get it, you ought to think about it,” Graham continued, shrugging to the audience as they heckled him.

Graham cited statistics showing that the vast majority of coronavirus hospital patients in South Carolina are unvaccinated, only angering the audience more.

“Well, I’m glad I got it. Ninety-two percent of people in hospitals in South Carolina are unvaccinated,” before he was drowned out by shouts of “false!” and “not true!”

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That feeling when the feckless GOP realized the monster they made and fed red meat to for five years is intent on self-destruction...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ok doser

The previous post involved New York City teachers - education department workers - unionized, almost exclusively Democrat.

This one is very similar - New York City healthcare workers - again unionized, again almost exclusively Democrat.

ok doser

But it's not just Americans either. If you do a Google search you'll see that this is happening all over the world. The mistrust of big pharma and big government is not a politically-motivated mistrust, it's not a country oriented mistrust. Big pharma and governments of all countries have earned the mistrust of citizens all over the world for their mismanagement and their corruption.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You're completely missing the point.

The MAGA base, indulged by the GOP, fomented by right-wing social media and egged on by FOX - is dying, as a result of their Covid denial. And now... the GOP realizes it's not just losing votes, it's losing the voters themselves, and it's too late.

ok doser

You're completely missing the point.
The point that you're obsessed with Trump and hate Republicans?
No, I got that.
The MAGA base, indulged by the GOP, fomented by right-wing social media and egged on by FOX - is dying, as a result of their Covid denial. And now... the GOP realizes it's not just losing votes, it's losing the voters themselves, and it's too late.
Right.
Like I said.