ECT Remembering D'ism and 2P2P from childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

This is a memory of my dad. In the mid 60s a D'ist pastor came to our small remote Washington state town and split off of the Pres church here, citing changes to the Westminster confession by the Pres church as 'signs of antichrist.' He then got everyone totally excited about modern Israel as prophecy fulfillment and of course a whole comport of schedules for end times events.

My parents moved to that church out of some excitement about modern Israel, and the 67 War and the Entebbe event.

One day, I remember my dad coming back from a hunting trip with a Mr. H. The problem was that Mr. H thought that Josephus was a very important piece of background to the NT. 'I don't think I would trust the Bible without what I know from Josephus.' (I wish I knew how completely Mr. H connected the Mt24 etc teachings with the DofJ, but I didn't even know what all that was about at age 10). But what happened was that my dad was told by the D'ist pastor to have nothing to do with Mr. H until he discarded his interest in Josephus. So he lost a good hunting friend in a small town where he had the children of Mr. H in his 5th grade classes.

Later in college, it was through this stance of D'ism that I understood the banishment of knowledge of Josephus in general by D'ism. It dials in Christ and the apostles into their generation in a way that is intolerable to people who are trying to push 2 separate programs onto the Bible.

If nothing else, the D'ist/2P2P friends here might want to reconsider how they treat people who don't buy their concoction.

Danoh

This is a memory of my dad. In the mid 60s a D'ist pastor came to our small remote Washington state town and split off of the Pres church here, citing changes to the Westminster confession by the Pres church as 'signs of antichrist.' He then got everyone totally excited about modern Israel as prophecy fulfillment and of course a whole comport of schedules for end times events.

My parents moved to that church out of some excitement about modern Israel, and the 67 War and the Entebbe event.

One day, I remember my dad coming back from a hunting trip with a Mr. H. The problem was that Mr. H thought that Josephus was a very important piece of background to the NT. 'I don't think I would trust the Bible without what I know from Josephus.' (I wish I knew how completely Mr. H connected the Mt24 etc teachings with the DofJ, but I didn't even know what all that was about at age 10). But what happened was that my dad was told by the D'ist pastor to have nothing to do with Mr. H until he discarded his interest in Josephus. So he lost a good hunting friend in a small town where he had the children of Mr. H in his 5th grade classes.

Later in college, it was through this stance of D'ism that I understood the banishment of knowledge of Josephus in general by D'ism. It dials in Christ and the apostles into their generation in a way that is intolerable to people who are trying to push 2 separate programs onto the Bible.

If nothing else, the D'ist/2P2P friends here might want to reconsider how they treat people who don't buy their concoction.

True - there is absolutely no justification for how Believers who hold a different view, are so easily allowing of themselves to malign those who do not hold their view; so easily allowing of themselves to misrepresent another's view.

And so easily allowing of themselves to assert they have fully heard another's view out, and in accordance with an actually sound study approach, when clearly, such, have not...

Not that I have always agreed with the individual in the following study, over the years, but the following study by him is nevertheless by an individual I have long considered one of thee...most brilliant Pastor-Bible Student-Teachers in all of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

Here, a huge hole in your view, for you to consider, hopefully along the line of the following Three-Fold Study Principle implied in...

Acts 17:11's These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12...

3 - Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

[https://vimeo.com/39891629]

Note: If the video does not play, just tap or click on its title.

https://vimeo.com/39891629

Nevertheless, Interplanner, Rom. 14:5 towards you - in memory of that grace in Christ Jesus that was and forever will be the grace of Rom. 5: 6-8 - towards each of us when we least deserved it, and in each our stead.

Interplanner

You could just respond to the assertions in the post instead of sending me stuff by someone who thinks they are an expert on me (or you think they are an expert on me), because they can pronounce the word 'preterism.' I usually find that I have about 5% in common with them. So you missed by 95%.

Middelmann (L'Abri fellowship, son in law of F. Schaeffer), 'my perception stands in a system of coordinates (including the Bible)...All of these are controls on each other , so that together they provide me with a view of reality that is more accurate than any one of them or than my perception of any one coordinate alone.' Middelmann defines 'modernity' as isolation, irrational avoidance, compartmentalizing. D'ism and 2P2P are totally modern. A person can become a D'ist with all the spiritual maturity and knowledge of an 8th grade student; I have seen this first-hand in my area in these churches, over and over. Just believe the Bible and no other source, believe that Christ died for you, and that modern Israel is fulfilled prophecy, and you are protected from all questions.

Check for yourself: it is the D'ists here (STP, RightDivider, JerryShurgart, etc) who won't acknowledge that the Bible itself refers to history 'outside itself' (Lk 3:1; 13:1-5; 19:41-44; Acts 5:34-37--yikes the Bible is quoting a rabbi!--18:2; or outside sources: 17:28). It is modernity not to do so. It relegates the Bible to a type of irrationality.

Unless D'ism and 2P2P realize that history is ONE and that Christ locked himself into time when he said Lk 23:29, then it is just as irrational as the communist who tells me that I need to get back to the mental health hospital, like Right Divider does.

In my last exchange with a rabid progressive Marxist, he did not know that Lenin is still celebrated in Russia. 60M kills. Instead, I was to be insulted for affirming the free market. Such a person is also, in their way, a modernity product.

Interplanner

True - there is absolutely no justification for how Believers who hold a different view, are so easily allowing of themselves to malign those who do not hold their view; so easily allowing of themselves to misrepresent another's view.

And so easily allowing of themselves to assert they have fully heard another's view out, and in accordance with an actually sound study approach, when clearly, such, have not...

Not that I have always agreed with the individual in the following study, over the years, but the following study by him is nevertheless by an individual I have long considered one of thee...most brilliant Pastor-Bible Student-Teachers in all of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

Here, a huge hole in your view, for you to consider, hopefully along the line of the following Three-Fold Study Principle implied in...

Acts 17:11's These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12...

3 - Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

[https://vimeo.com/39891629]

Note: If the video does not play, just tap or click on its title.

https://vimeo.com/39891629

Nevertheless, Interplanner, Rom. 14:5 towards you - in memory of that grace in Christ Jesus that was and forever will be the grace of Rom. 5: 6-8 - towards each of us when we least deserved it, and in each our stead.

At the 21st min, he illustrates something I have said several times: mid-Acts is the wrong name because it is the wrong time frame. But wait, he's quoting Is 9, so it was already known! So the true belief here is really the mid-Isaiah doctrine that the nations were going to be reached (and sometimes already were). But wait: that means it was the mid Genesis message. And since the Seed mentioned in the Abraham section actually referred back to that of ch 3,4, it is the mid-Genesis 1-11 message. That is the name of the truth of the Gospel.

Amos 9 (Acts 15) 'the Lord does these things / known for ages.'

Therefore: the mystery is not that they were going to happen; it was HOW they were going to happen. The nations would come 'in' to Christ by faith in the message, not by practicing the Torah better and better. That's the normal meaning of Eph 3:5-6

Danoh

That video was about YOU, IP?

What, were you admiring yourself in the mirror when you read my post?

Actually, the video is a study on the gaping hole in 70ADism, in general.

And within Mid-Acts in general, the individual on that video is far more than merely well-read on many an issue outside of the Scripture, than many others within Mid-Acts who are also well-read on many issues outside of Scripture, alone.

In the end, we find such a pursuit is satisfying of one's personal curiosity on one thing or another, and that is about it.

In the end we have each found Isaiah 8: 20; Matt. 4:4; 2 Tim. 3: 16, 17, etc., to be true - that the Scripture ALONE is much more than merely able to "THROUGHLY furnish" the Believer "in the way of God more perfectly."

Nevertheless, IP, Rom. 14: 5 towards you - in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

For no matter how high your obviously crystal clear high horse'd arrogance, I absolutely refuse to be as narrow minded and one sided (where actually hearing out another's view is concerned), as you and various others on here have continued to prove being.

Danoh

At the 21st min, he illustrates something I have said several times: mid-Acts is the wrong name because it is the wrong time frame. But wait, he's quoting Is 9, so it was already known! So the true belief here is really the mid-Isaiah doctrine that the nations were going to be reached (and sometimes already were). But wait: that means it was the mid Genesis message. And since the Seed mentioned in the Abraham section actually referred back to that of ch 3,4, it is the mid-Genesis 1-11 message. That is the name of the truth of the Gospel.

Amos 9 (Acts 15) 'the Lord does these things / known for ages.'

Therefore: the mystery is not that they were going to happen; it was HOW they were going to happen. The nations would come 'in' to Christ by faith in the message, not by practicing the Torah better and better. That's the normal meaning of Eph 3:5-6

Well, at least you fast forwarded over to that part in the video. :chuckle:

You could call that the MVP (the mid-video position). :D

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.