ECT Redemption? Salvation?

Cross Reference

we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son
we were redeemed by the death of God's Son
everyone has been redeemed
everyone is not saved
there is a difference

Yes?? I agree with that. What makes the difference? Why isn't man saved by redemption without the need for faith being factored in?

Cross Reference

our free will is being tested

are you a team player?
or
are you just out for yourself?

Depends on what game the team is playing.

So far on this forum, I have been much on my own.

I don't like that but what is one to do when he "knows" there is more to salvation than getting a free ticket out of hell.

There is much teaching in the Bible that man has been redeemed that he might use what has been provided, for his reconciliation with God by the suffering of Jesus Christ for that purpose: to embark on the journey to knowing Him per John 17:3. There is a price to pay from those who do that is nothing less than the passage where Paul speaks:

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus".
Philippians 3:8-12 (KJV)

It is a process that we might say is the beginning for us doing God's will. God has it that just entering the "process" is the end of doing His will. Because it is the learning of how own the great commandment.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
our free will is being tested

are you a team player?
or
are you just out for yourself?

You need to know that whether your team is following the right path and make sure it is harmonize with Jesus' word.

Jesus says to be perfect. It is not easy thing to do with the majority who are striving be popular or concentrating on pleasing people.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
there may be something wrong with you
if
you can't find an acceptable team

I have many Christian friends who are like minded. They don't belong to any organization either. There are many like minded Christian like me.

The body of Christ is made up of all His followers or servants.

There are also hidden Christians because of persecution. They don't belong to organization either. Do you think Jesus would dismiss them? Nope.

I am sure there are many Christians even in Muslim countries whom many of you so despise.

It is a grave sin to harm any of His followers because of your ignorance or pride.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have many Christian friends who are like minded. They don't belong to any organization either. There are many like minded Christian like me.

The body of Christ is made up of all His followers or servants.

do you think you will agree will all of His followers?

Cross Reference

I do believe we are in agreement
but
I have a hard time understanding many things that you say
and
feel you might be adding to the confusion

The gospel message is very easy to understand. The problem is that it is difficult to implement and folk don't like the cost upon hearing the price..Most prefer to believe redemption to be salvation's free ride___ "Jesus paid the price"; He did it all and I am sealed by the Holy Spirit to continue to do my own thing in this life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
do you think you will agree will all of His followers?

Not on everything but if you have an organization, they should base their faith on Jesus' word even if the leaders are not perfect.

I see most organization don't base they faith according to what Jesus says.

They make up their own doctrines adding their own assumption, and they even persecute Jesus' followers just because they don't agree with their doctrine (s) which is corruption.

Just take a look at Christian history. There are many bloodshed using Jesus' name. It is disgraceful and shame.