Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

I see man having a battle against something thay is larger than God, fighting for his soul. I see him as being too weak of himself to overcome such power. He cannot win over it from his own strength. Adam proved this to be true..cf Rom. 8:18-20 KJV

Yes except 'something that is larger than God'...perhaps 'something that competes with God for our attention '?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Yes except 'something that is larger than God'...perhaps 'something that competes with God for our attention '.

If it merely competes we should, of ourselves, be able to win out.

Here is the key to winning God never interferes in because He is looking for allegiance and when He looks for it it will always be along the line of our being tempted by it, with Him only looking on but not interfering: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 (KJV)

Even Jesus was subjected to such aloneness when in His temptations. What kept Him that we need to learn?

Cross Reference

Yes except 'something that is larger than God'...perhaps 'something that competes with God for our attention '?

OMT: Had it been larger than God, don't you suppose Adam would have succeeded?

Why can't we now suppose was the reason for Lucifer's failure given the means/degree of glory involved?

Question: Why would God have purposed such to be the means of bringing about a quality of people that He could deem to be His Heirs?

Cross Reference

Could you check for typos on both posts please?

My apologies and I hope this helps:

OMT: Had it not been larger than himself, even if Adam was indwelt by the SPIRIT OF GOD, WHICH HE WASN'T, don't you suppose Adam would have succeeded without God's strength?

Why can't we now suppose what was the reason for Lucifer's failure given the means/degree of glory involved?

Question: Why would God have purposed such to be the means of bringing about out of His creation, a quality of people that He could deem to be His Heirs?

I am speaking of allegiance, Sonnet, and that which has the greatest pull on mans decisions for himself.

God's Truth

Huh?

The lost, the unregenerate, do not believe.
The quickened by the Spirit from among the unregenerate, the regenerate, believe.
The remainder, the reprobate, do not believe...ever.

Do you honestly think you were a believer before you were made able to be a believer by the Holy Spirit? How is that possible given the state of the unregenerate (the lost):

You just skirted around the question that PROVES your denomination is evil lies.

ANSWER the question.

Show one scripture that shows God saves UNBELIEVERS!

Do it now or concede.

God's Truth

Huh?

The lost, the unregenerate, do not believe.
The quickened by the Spirit from among the unregenerate, the regenerate, believe.
The remainder, the reprobate, do not believe...ever.

Do you honestly think you were a believer before you were made able to be a believer by the Holy Spirit? How is that possible given the state of the unregenerate (the lost):

You are not going to get away with this kind of answer, your programmed answer where you spew off your brainwashed ideas.

Show one scripture where God gave the Holy Spirit to an UNbeliever!!!

God's Truth

I certainly agree that man is depraved - and the older one gets, the more evident this becomes - but I don't see that you have substantiated that faith requires 'moral ability'.

Can you?

So you are entangled in the Calvinist beliefs that you fight against.

NOWHERE ANYWHERE in the Bible does it say ALL men are so reprobate that they cannot be taught the truth and be saved!

For that is EXACTLY how we are saved, by being taught, convinced, and persuaded.

You fight against the Calvinists but are also fighting against your own false beliefs.

God's Truth

How so you believe man is depraved? Where do you see that in the scriptures.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH GOOD AND HONEST HEARTS!!!!!!!!!

We have been spoon fed lies from men that teach falseness.

Jesus says there are those who do right.

HOWEVER, we have to get violent and fight to get into heaven, because we are fighting against so much.

We are fighting against every man made false things taught to us since we were babies.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

God's Truth

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

You do NOT UNDERSTAND that scripture that says that!

ANSWER these questions:

Does God say do not murder?

Does God say love is doing no harm to your neighbor?

Do you love your neighbor by NOT murdering them, AS COMMANDED?

Does God say DO NOT STEAL?

Do you love your neighbor by not stealing from them?

Does God say do not bear false witness?

Do you love your neighbor by not bearing false witness against them?

NOW YOU HAVE OBEYED ALL THOSE THINGS. You have loved your neighbor by OBEYING all those things.....

EXCEPT that you think you neighbor's wife is beautiful, and she comes on to you, and you subcomb, you have now broken a command from God of do not commit adultery----So you have NOW SHOWN THAT YOU DO NOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AFTER ALL, BECAUSE you have caused harm to your neighbor.

Don't you see that our love is dependent upon obeying God?

God's Truth

When Jesus came, he taught a NEW COVENANT, it is the OLD COVENANT with some changes.

Jesus fulfilled the old law and now we only have to obey what he says in the new law.

So what exactly is that?

It means we no longer have to get circumcised in the flesh, because the Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts.

It means we no longer have to observe special days, because all those special days are about Jesus, Jesus has come and we are to observe him all day everyday, and we do that by living through his Spirit...we do that by obeying his words that are Spirit.

We no longer have to do various baths and offer the animals to be sacrificed, because Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb of God and HIS BLOOD cleans us of out sins, just by our believing it does.

Sonnet

So you are entangled in the Calvinist beliefs that you fight against.

NOWHERE ANYWHERE in the Bible does it say ALL men are so reprobate that they cannot be taught the truth and be saved!

For that is EXACTLY how we are saved, by being taught, convinced, and persuaded.

You fight against the Calvinists but are also fighting against your own false beliefs.

I didn't say and do not say "ALL men are so reprobate that they cannot be taught the truth and be saved!"

Sonnet

My apologies and I hope this helps:

OMT: Had it not been larger than himself, even if Adam was indwelt by the SPIRIT OF GOD, WHICH HE WASN'T, don't you suppose Adam would have succeeded without God's strength?

Why can't we now suppose what was the reason for Lucifer's failure given the means/degree of glory involved?

Question: Why would God have purposed such to be the means of bringing about out of His creation, a quality of people that He could deem to be His Heirs?

I am speaking of allegiance, Sonnet, and that which has the greatest pull on mans decisions for himself.

This is complex and I'm not totally following you.

Larger than himself?

Not indwelt by the spirit?

Degree of glory?

Sonnet

THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH GOOD AND HONEST HEARTS!!!!!!!!!

We have been spoon fed lies from men that teach falseness.

Jesus says there are those who do right.

HOWEVER, we have to get violent and fight to get into heaven, because we are fighting against so much.

We are fighting against every man made false things taught to us since we were babies.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

We've been here before GT. I don't know why you are getting so animated. Let's just all calm down and just debate the issue.

Romans 10:5
Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”

Paul quotes Leviticus 18:5

1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6“ ‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

And so on...

Clearly, Paul's use of 'the law' is defined as all the law of the OT.

Sonnet

You do NOT UNDERSTAND that scripture that says that!

ANSWER these questions:

Does God say do not murder?

Does God say love is doing no harm to your neighbor?

Do you love your neighbor by NOT murdering them, AS COMMANDED?

Does God say DO NOT STEAL?

Do you love your neighbor by not stealing from them?

Does God say do not bear false witness?

Do you love your neighbor by not bearing false witness against them?

NOW YOU HAVE OBEYED ALL THOSE THINGS. You have loved your neighbor by OBEYING all those things.....

EXCEPT that you think you neighbor's wife is beautiful, and she comes on to you, and you subcomb, you have now broken a command from God of do not commit adultery----So you have NOW SHOWN THAT YOU DO NOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AFTER ALL, BECAUSE you have caused harm to your neighbor.

Don't you see that our love is dependent upon obeying God?

And King David? Didn't obey 6th and 7th commandments.