reason no one ever proposed women having 2 husbands: man's world

republicanchick

yeh, that's the reason no society (that I am aware of ) believes in the brand of polygamy that involves women having more than one husband.. It's always a husband w/ multiple wives..

talk about inequality

(not that I want more than one husband... don't even want ONE... at least dont want want one of the "men" I have known thus far... no siree..)

"It's a man's world" still... probably always will be

++

republicanchick

u know what women say about men:

1 is too many, 100 is not enough

I guess b/c you get tired of "My way or the highway" and start looking around for "Yeh, i am a wimp, but oh well... Some women may like that?"

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yeh, that's the reason no society (that I am aware of ) believes in the brand of polygamy that involves women having more than one husband.. It's always a husband w/ multiple wives..

talk about inequality

(not that I want more than one husband... don't even want ONE... at least dont want want one of the "men" I have known thus far... no siree..)

++

The expectations and standards insofar as what is acceptable for men and what is expected of women have always been unequal.

Personally, I can't imagine why any woman would want a second husband OR why any woman with self-esteem would allow her husband to have a second or multiple wives or even carry on outside of the marriage.

One on one relationships can be difficult enough. Adding or accepting multiple spouses is the dream of every glutton for punishment.

HisServant

The expectations and standards insofar as what is acceptable for men and what is expected of women have always been unequal.

Personally, I can't imagine why any woman would want a second husband OR why any woman with self-esteem would allow her husband to have a second or multiple wives or even carry on outside of the marriage.

One on one relationships can be difficult enough. Adding or accepting multiple spouses is the dream of every glutton for punishment.

It has always been due to inheritance issues... and traditionally, men were the money makers and it was their prerogative whom they wanted their wealth/land to go to.

1 wife and 2 husbands would be problematic given the situation.

republicanchick

didn't some feminist once say that men are pigs?

well... hm... I wouldn't go so far as to say that

psychos, yes

narcissists... but not necessarily pigs...

although, really, you kinda have to define the word Pig...

eh?

___

republicanchick

It has always been due to inheritance issues... and traditionally, men were the money makers and it was their prerogative whom they wanted their wealth/land to go to.

1 wife and 2 husbands would be problematic given the situation.

I think it's just b/c men want 4 themselves what they would never give to their spouse

republicanchick

wouldn't you know that that ONE real man I met (though didn't get to know him... but still I say he is a real man)

is not available...

married to the Church, he is...

++

HisServant

I think it's just b/c men want 4 themselves what they would never give to their spouse

Its because you fail to grasp the tribal aspects of our past and the genetic physical aspects of the two genders. Man are just physically stronger and willing to take on more risk than men.... men assumed the role of protectors of the 'weaker sex'... its just the way it was.

It's much different now, but we still abide by that for the most part in our society.

Foxfire

talk about inequality

++
It's called "polyandry". It has been/was in practice for some (east) Indian sects for centuries, but is (fortunately) showing signs of dying out in recent years.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
didn't some feminist once say that men are pigs?

If so, it was a radical feminist.

well... hm... I wouldn't go so far as to say that

psychos, yes

narcissists... but not necessarily pigs...

although, really, you kinda have to define the word Pig...

eh?

Again, some are, some are not. The same can be said of women. What defines whether or not I would consider a man as a misogynist would depend on his treatment and expectations towards women in general.

I am always amazed that men with a history of sleeping around have the gall to criticize a woman who does the same thing. Not that it's okay for either but rather the hypocrisy of that type of thinking.

Though back to the OP. Seriously, why would any woman want two husbands?

republicanchick

Its because you fail to grasp the tribal aspects of our past and the genetic physical aspects of the two genders. Man are just physically stronger and willing to take on more risk than men.... men assumed the role of protectors of the 'weaker sex'... its just the way it was.

It's much different now, but we still abide by that for the most part in our society.

to hear u tell I fail to grasp just about everything.. even how to boil water

But hey... that's the way presumptuous people are...

and malicious folks..

__

republicanchick

If so, it was a radical feminist.

Again, some are, some are not. The same can be said of women. What defines whether or not I would consider a man as a misogynist would depend on his treatment and expectations towards women in general.

I am always amazed that men with a history of sleeping around have the gall to criticize a woman who does the same thing. Not that it's okay for either but rather the hypocrisy of that type of thinking.

Though back to the OP. Seriously, why would any woman want two husbands?

a crazy one might... want at least one

+++

HisServant

to hear u tell I fail to grasp just about everything.. even how to boil water

But hey... that's the way presumptuous people are...

and malicious folks..

__

Since you lack the ability to communicate coherently, one must assume you are a high school dropout and uneducated person.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
a crazy one might... want at least one

+++

Eh, there is nothing wrong or crazy about wishing to be married as long as it's for the right reasons and not self destructive. IMO, the number one reason for marriage is companionship.

republicanchick

Eh, there is nothing wrong or crazy about wishing to be married as long as it's for the right reasons and not self destructive. IMO, the number one reason for marriage is companionship.

yeh, well u can't have that if you have to deal with "my way or the highway"

I took the highway..

Montana (taking the highway therein) is awesome...

=

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yeh, well u can't have that if you have to deal with "my way or the highway"

Of course not. THAT is not a marriage but rather a dictatorship.

I took the highway..

Montana (taking the highway therein) is awesome...

There is nothing at all wrong with remaining single. Just as marriage, it has certain benefits.

HisServant

I've never had to tell my wife that its 'my way or the highway'... ever.

And don't think I would even think of doing such a thing. She has just as much of a right to do things the way she wants as I do. And we love each other so much that we always are cognizant of the other persons wants and desires that we want to make each other happy.

Like I said, you have been around some real bad role models when it comes to men.... no wonder you have such deep seated rage and hatred.