Real Science Radio's 2014 List of Not So Old Things

GuySmiley

I was just wondering what are your credentials. Me I have none so I really don't feel qualified to enter this debate.
So you'll stay out of it, ok . . .

However I do seem to remember a little from my high school biology class. Do humans still need their appendix?
Wow, how much time elapsed between that first sentence and this one?

I only ask because I was shot in the gut once (a story for another time). The surgeon went ahead and removed my appendix, he stated since he was operating in the area he went ahead and removed it, because humans do not need their appendix. Could you please supply me with scientific proof that we still do need it, I can go back and sue the surgeon for removing a vital organ (I don't know if an appendix is considered a vital organ, but anyway.). If you can supply that info I'll cut you in on some of the money I receive. Maybe it will help pay off some of your student loans or help you finish your PhD.
I know someone who had a lung removed. My mom had her thyroid removed. Peter Forsberg has his spleen removed, he was never the same. Are those things useless left-overs from our evolution? I bet you could google the purpose of an appendix.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Got a specific example that is bothering you???
:doh:

Did you fail reading comprehension?

I was just wondering what are your credentials.
Logic and reason.

Me I have none so I really don't feel qualified to enter this debate.
However I do seem to remember a little from my high school biology class. Do humans still need their appendix? I only ask because I was shot in the gut once (a story for another time). The surgeon went ahead and removed my appendix, he stated since he was operating in the area he went ahead and removed it, because humans do not need their appendix. Could you please supply me with scientific proof that we still do need it, I can go back and sue the surgeon for removing a vital organ (I don't know if an appendix is considered a vital organ, but anyway.). If you can supply that info I'll cut you in on some of the money I receive. Maybe it will help pay off some of your student loans or help you finish your PhD.
Completely irrelevant to my argument.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Pastor Bob: Good morning, on this snowy day in New England, I am honored that you took the time away from justification of your god's genocidal tendencies to respond directly to me.

However, the formation of nodules on beer cans does not suggest evidence of a young earth as you would like it to. ... [BE: eyes glazing over... trailing off... can't... con-tin-ue... ugh... .]
Jukia, sorry, you lost me there, so I stopped reading your post. (I hope the rest was good, for those who persevered.)

My argument was that rapid nodule formation undermines the claim that nodule formation *requires* hundreds of thousands of years. I even had a "Here's the Point" section written, just for you. But you misunderstood it.

If you now get the point, feel free to acknowledge that, and I'll be happy to take it further.... but that's only if you get the point. If you don't, even though it's fun, I'll skip further banter for now.

Thanks!

- Bob Enyart

Jukia

Jukia, sorry, you lost me there, so I stopped reading your post. (I hope the rest was good, for those who persevered.)

My argument was that rapid nodule formation undermines the claim that nodule formation *requires* hundreds of thousands of years. I even had a "Here's the Point" section written, just for you. But you misunderstood it.

If you now get the point, feel free to acknowledge that, and I'll be happy to take it further.... but that's only if you get the point. If you don't, even though it's fun, I'll skip further banter for now.

Thanks!

- Bob Enyart

golly Pastor Bob, I am honored once again. You are correct that manganese nodules on beer cans have formed recently. But since I suspect you believe that all manganese nodules everywhere either formed within the past 6000 years or were formed directly by your god in the first 6days days, your taking it further does not interest me because I understand your position to be dumb