Real Science Radio: Earth & Mercury's Decaying Magnetic Fields

DavisBJ

Yip.

The evidence is that the magnetic fields possessed by the planets indicate a young solar system.
I know, you have a really hard time following these discussions. I was responding to the idea of what “evolution” refers to. Good try at dodging what you can’t handle, though.

Jukia

Posted from the TOL App!
Pastor Bob, like Stripey, you use the term "evolution" with a negative connotation whenever you use it. Since you believe your Holy Book is 100% accurate on every issue, you must do that in order to avoid your particular god's wrath. I guess that is understandable, but terribly dishonest and/or ignorant. Your followers get to chuckle while those who appreciate the evidence chuckle as well, but for a different reason.

Last edited:

GuySmiley

Since I missed it, I would appreciate you providing some specific links showing scientists using the term in the broad sense that you and Enyart snicker about.
You could start by reading the thread. No wonder you are babbling nonsense that has nothing to do with the thread.

DavisBJ

You could start by reading the thread. No wonder you are babbling nonsense that has nothing to do with the thread.
If you had actually read the thread, you would admit that it was Enyart, back in post 32, that introduced the issue of what evolution means. My comments have been largely in response to that. If you are offended by that, then at least be man enough and honest enough to tell Enyart he was out of line in bringing that into the conversation.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know, you have a really hard time following these discussions. I was responding to the idea of what “evolution” refers to. Good try at dodging what you can’t handle, though.

Evolutionists love arguing about nonsense, especially when it puts distance between the evidence and the surface.

DavisBJ

Evolutionists love arguing about nonsense, especially when it puts distance between the evidence and the surface.
I'm not particularly interested in engaging you in your kindergarten responses. Let me know if you think you have something of relevance to offer.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the evolutionists were interested in science, they would ask why the magnetic field is diminishing as per the observations.
The inner core isn't rotating more quickly because it has a source of power. It is rotating more quickly because it has a lubricating layer and the outer core and crust has slowed. The lubricating layer means friction has not passed all the deceleration from the outer to the inner core.

The Earth is not a giant electric motor that is speeding itself up. That's impossible. Instead, the magnetic field we have is wearing out because friction is slowing the difference in rotation speed between the inner and outer cores.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Pastor Bob, like Stripey, you use the term "evolution" with a negative connotation whenever you use it. Since you believe your Holy Book is 100% accurate on every issue, you must do that in order to avoid your particular god's wrath. I guess that is understandable, but terribly dishonest and/or ignorant. Your followers get to chuckle while those who appreciate the evidence chuckle as well, but for a different reason.
We're not the ones intellectually dishonest enough to pretend all aspects that fall under the umbrella of evolution of one form or another aren't connected.

DavisBJ

We're not the ones intellectually dishonest enough to pretend all aspects that fall under the umbrella of evolution of one form or another aren't connected.
I’m not clear what you are saying. For example, geology says the earth is very old, whether or not evolution agrees. Is believing geology is correct being intellectually dishonest?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
With Earth losing 10% of it's magnetic field in just the last 150 years, and Mercury's even faster drop, materialists have to appeal, once again, to claims of wildly coincidental occurrences to explain our observation of such rapid loss on planets that are allegedly billions of years old.

The geomagnetic field's rate of decrease and the current strength are within the normal range of variation, as shown by the record of past magnetic fields recorded in rocks.

Earth may be overdue for a pole reversal. A pole reversal is preceded by a reduction in the earth's magnetic field, after which many poles might form chaotically in different places until it stabilizes again.

GuySmiley

If you had actually read the thread, you would admit that it was Enyart, back in post 32, that introduced the issue of what evolution means. My comments have been largely in response to that. If you are offended by that, then at least be man enough and honest enough to tell Enyart he was out of line in bringing that into the conversation.
Enyart was responding to Stripe who commented on another post about how the term was used. Enyart did not introduce the issue in post 32. You really do hate reading like Stripe says. Your response is nonsense in regards to that topic in this thread. Seriously, read.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just like distracting evolutionists. :devil: