Real Science Friday: The Origin of Earth's Radioactivity

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
RSF: The Origin of Earth's Radioactivity

This is the show from Friday, March 16th, 2012.

SUMMARY:

* Walt Brown Discovered How Radioactive Decay Started: Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams describe Dr. Brown's Hydroplate Theory and it's explanation of the origin of Earth's radioactivity. Consider:

- God created a paradise for mankind so no radioactivity would have existed on the original Earth because radioactive decay can cause birth defects, disease, and death.
- The fourth state of matter, beyond solid, liquid, and gas, is plasma (lightning, neon lights, etc.) which is like a gas but with the electrons stripped away.
- Pressure on quartz produces an electric voltage and the granite in the Earth's crust is more than one-fourth quartz.
- Earthquakes produce lightning strikes coming out of the ground and in the ground.
- The journal Nature reports that an average earthquake produces hundreds of millions of volts.
- During the upheaval of the global flood pressure in the crust produced enormous voltages that produced plasma surges in the crust.
- Those voltages smashed together the nuclei of atoms to create, in the crust, radioactive elements and massive, instantaneous apparent radioactive decay.
- The only alternative theory DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN of radioactive elements. The Big Bang's chemical evolution theory claims that such elements were created in stars. Yet famed cosmologist George Gamow wrote that, "the temperatures in the interior of stars are measured in
tens of millions of degrees, whereas several billion degrees are
needed to 'cook' radioactive nuclei from the nuclei of lighter
elements."

* AronRa Writen Debate with Creationist Bob Enyart: The debate on League of Reason continues.

KGOV Telethon March(es) On

Thank you so much! But we still need help! Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.

1. Our newest monthly subscription is our Monthly Sermons on audio CD. For many years we have offered the sermons on MP3-CD, but now you can get the Monthly Sermons on standard audio Compact Disc that will play on any CD player, including the one in your car. All of the sermons from the month will be sent to you in a multiple CD album.

2. Monthly Bible Study Videos - You will receive a months worth of weekly Bible studies each month. These video Bible studies are great for starting a family Bible study of even a neighborhood study.

3. Monthly Sermon Videos - You will receive all sermons from the month will be sent to you on DVD. Video is a great way to watch the sermons with your family.

4. Monthly Bible Study Audios on MP3- CD.

5. Monthly Sermon Audios on MP3-CD.

6. Monthly Topical Videos - Each month your will get one of Bob's great topical videos.

7. Best of Bob - Each month you get the best 8 shows of the month on MP3-CD.

8. Monthly TV Classics

9. Monthly Donation

* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription, new monthly donation of $20.00 or more or a one time donation of $50.00 or more, we will send you Bob's video series Having a Great Prayer Life.

Order or donate online or call 303-463-7789 or 1-800-8Enyart.

* RSF Callers Wayne and Darren about Radioactivity: In 2011, Wayne from Nebraska and Darren from St. George, Utah asked Bob about radioactive decay. They talked about:
- Carbon 14 able to date things only to thousands of years,
- Zircon crystals retain so much helium they disprove old dates, and
- Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory on The Origin of Earth's Radioactivity!

Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in our online store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about;Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio program Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
God created a paradise for mankind so no radioactivity would have existed on the original Earth because radioactive decay can cause birth defects, disease, and death.

It appears that low levels of radioactivity are actually good for organisms. This effect, called hormesis, has been shown in a number of studies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis

The irony is, very low levels of ionizing radiation seem to be associated with an increase in the incidence of many kinds of cancer.

The toxicologist's dictum that "dose makes the poison" seems to apply here.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There were probably low levels of radioactivity around just after creation. :)

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
I believe God created the precursors to radioactive materials. IOW, He created atoms with the same atomic weight as todays radioactive elements but the underlying physics was different in the beginning. The speed of light and other "constants" were vastly different than they are today. Therefore, the forces that make these atoms unstable today had different strengths and atoms of all sizes were perfectly stable. The fall changed all the underlying physics and things began to fall apart, and that included a new phenomena called radioactive decay.

One Eyed Jack

So, there are no stars hot enough to cook radioactive materials?

It's not really a matter of heat when it comes to stars. What matters is whether they're massive enough to fuse the elements of which they're made. The problem is they tend to explode when they start fusing iron.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I believe God created the precursors to radioactive materials.

Initially, just particles, then finally hydrogen, with a little helium and maybe some lithium. Before stars started firing up.

IOW, He created atoms with the same atomic weight as todays radioactive elements but the underlying physics was different in the beginning.

No need for that. The whole thing works fine with todays constants. You think God isn't good enough to get it right with one set of rules?

The speed of light and other "constants" were vastly different than they are today.

If so, the elements would never have formed. That's dependent on the value of the speed of light as it is. If it was significantly different, there wouldn't have been atoms as we know them.

Therefore, the forces that make these atoms unstable today had different strengths and atoms of all sizes were perfectly stable.

Why not just accept it the way He created it?

The fall changed all the underlying physics and things began to fall apart, and that included a new phenomena called radioactive decay.

If you rely on non-scriptural miracles to clean up for you, any story is possible.

One Eyed Jack

If so, the elements would never have formed. That's dependent on the value of the speed of light as it is. If it was significantly different, there wouldn't have been atoms as we know them.

Barb's right on this one. You fiddle with the constants just a little bit, and we'd be lucky to even have hydrogen.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Barb's right on this one. You fiddle with the constants just a little bit, and we'd be lucky to even have hydrogen.

All of the constants work together perfectly today. It is the ratio of the values of each constant in relation to each other that matters. I am not a physicist but I am creative and intuitive. All of these constants are perfectly in tune with each other now. I don't see why another set of constants could not perfectly be in tune with each other too. Nobody has tried to do the mathematics on it. God doesn't need two set of rules to create the world and he did use them to create it. That isn't what I am saying. The world was already created in a perfect condition when the fall occurred. Words mean things. He said the whole world was cursed. Most of the world is physical. Changing the laws of physics and its concomitant constants would qualify as a real curse on something that was already perfect.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Initially, just particles, then finally hydrogen, with a little helium and maybe some lithium. Before stars started firing up.

So you say.

No need for that. The whole thing works fine with todays constants. You think God isn't good enough to get it right with one set of rules?

Did I say there was a need for it? God decided to curse his creation. A different set of rules were initiated to curse his world.

That is true if the value of the speed of light is the only constant that you changed. That isn't what I am proposing.

Why not just accept it the way He created it?

I do.

If you rely on non-scriptural miracles to clean up for you, any story is possible.

I haven't relied on a single non scriptural miracle to clean anything up.

Flipper

All of the constants work together perfectly today. It is the ratio of the values of each constant in relation to each other that matters. I am not a physicist but I am creative and intuitive. All of these constants are perfectly in tune with each other now. I don't see why another set of constants could not perfectly be in tune with each other too. Nobody has tried to do the mathematics on it...

Oh these yes they have...

Flipper

I notice that Bob quotes George Gamow approvingly. I loves me some Gamow (I own a number of his books) but I read them with the awareness uppermost in my mind that he was writing through the 1950s and 1960s, which is an eternity ago in cosmology. Everything he wrote about cosmology and nucleosynthesis reflects what was known at the time, and there's been a vast amount of new discovery since then.

The 1970s saw a lot of breakthroughs in understanding stellar evolution, including the role of supernovas in creating light element nucleotides. It's important to keep up with the more recent Real Science, otherwise it looks like someone is cherrypicking quotes to make an false argument.

If pizoelectrical pinches are the source of fusion in the earth's crust, where's the evidence? Where are the rocks that show inevitable signs of fast neutron damage, which is a necessity if fusion is to have occurred? Why aren't we detecting significant neutrino production from inside the earth today?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
where's the evidence?
In the book being introduced. :thumb:

Evidence to be Explained.
Experimental Support
Quartz Alignment in Continental Crust
Radioactivity Concentrated in Continental Crust
Correlation of Heat Flow with Radioactivity
Ocean-Floor Heat