Real Science Friday: The Energy Order of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento Mori

Where does the sun keep getting its energy?

This is why I said, only for evolution. I understand where you're going with this as the origin of energy, and I don't know in those terms. You'll have to refer to someone with greater knowledge than I. But in terms of evolution, entropy is not a problem.

Alate_One

How would you know? You've never even tried.
I used to be a creationist, I've been over all the arguments. They're all crap. I've looked at fossils and looked at DNA. The evidence to disprove evolution doesn't exist. The more I look, the more evidence I find FOR evolution.

What about it?
This is what I mean. you can't even follow the conversation well enough to realize this was an answer to your question. :nono:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I used to be a creationist, I've been over all the arguments. They're all crap. I've looked at fossils and looked at DNA. The evidence to disprove evolution doesn't exist. The more I look, the more evidence I find FOR evolution.
Circumstantial at best.

This is what I mean. you can't even follow the conversation well enough to realize this was an answer to your question. :nono:
No it wasn't. It was another question.

Either coal or natural gas most probably.
No, oh, gee then maybe I ought to Learn some Science!!!!!!!!!
Why do you think I asked the question you arrogant little snit?! So I could learn!

Jukia

Why do you think I asked the question you arrogant little snit?! So I could learn!

Sorry I was being snitty. I guess I really thought you did know. I find it difficult to believe that you are unaware of nuclear fusion at the ripe old age of almost 30 but given many of your other posts, color me unsurprised.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sorry I was being snitty. I guess I really thought you did know. I find it difficult to believe that you are unaware of nuclear fusion at the ripe old age of almost 30 but given many of your other posts, color me unsurprised.
I've heard of it, but I don't know how it works. I never learned. they don't teach it in high school and I didn't go to college.

Jukia

I've heard of it, but I don't know how it works. I never learned. they don't teach it in high school and I didn't go to college.

Well then I apologize, google it, read about it in Wiki.

Basically, hydrogen atoms fuse to form helium deep in the sun (and in every star). that process releases energy. End of story.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Basically, hydrogen atoms fuse to form helium deep in the sun (and in every star). that process releases energy. End of story.
So where does the hydrogen come from?

Jukia

So where does the hydrogen come from?

Its there. You know if this is just some way to back up the the fact that the Big Bang is something you don't believe, then bother someone else. I have neither the time nor the patience to educate you.

fool

Hall of Fame

DUDE!
You can't just go around blurting stuff like that out!
What are you gonna do next, tell him where babies come from?

Jukia

DUDE!
You can't just go around blurting stuff like that out!
What are you gonna do next, tell him where babies come from?

Hey, he claims his occupation is "future youth pastor", if he is not sure where babies come from he can just ask his future students.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Its there.
That's not an answer. If I told you God was just there you wouldn't accept it, why should I accept this? If you don't know where hydrogen comes from maybe you should learn some science.

You know if this is just some way to back up the the fact that the Big Bang is something you don't believe, then bother someone else. I have neither the time nor the patience to educate you.
You already know I don't believe it. That's irrelevant.

Jukia

That's not an answer. If I told you God was just there you wouldn't accept it, why should I accept this? If you don't know where hydrogen comes from maybe you should learn some science.

You already know I don't believe it. That's irrelevant.

But it is there. It is also in the atmosphere here. Scientists can show you.
Show me your God.
Not happening pal.
The fact that you "do not beleive" the science that suggests the Big Bang is very relevant. It indicates your lack of understanding and your reliance on Bronze Age myth.

Alate_One

Circumstantial at best.
You think its circumstantial because you say so.

No it wasn't. It was another question.
No, it was the exact same question Jukia answered for you.

Here have a fun video on it. It's a classic, mostly scientifically accurate except the sun is a plasma, not a gas.

TMBG-The sun is a mass of incandescent gas

Clearly the Hydrogen came originally from the big bang. You know the Big bang was originated by a Christian right? The atheist scientists didn't like it because it sounded too much like creation. But guess what, its predictions have been confirmed over and over.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
But it is there. It is also in the atmosphere here. Scientists can show you.
Show me your God.
Not happening pal.
The fact that you "do not beleive" the science that suggests the Big Bang is very relevant. It indicates your lack of understanding and your reliance on Bronze Age myth.
I'm not disputing that it's there, genius. I asked you where it came from and your answer was simply, "It's there." That's not an answer.

And if you're going to refuse to learn some science maybe you should stop telling other people to do it.

You think its circumstantial because you say so.
No. I say so because I think it is.:dunce::duh:

No, it was the exact same question Jukia answered for you.
No it wasn't. She told me what it was. You only mentioned it by name.

Clearly the Hydrogen came originally from the big bang. You know the Big bang was originated by a Christian right? The atheist scientists didn't like it because it sounded too much like creation. But guess what, its predictions have been confirmed over and over.
I thought the hydrogen was already there, and was part of the reason the big bang happened. Like all the rest of the gases. My question is where did the gases come from in the first place, moron.

And since when was Stephen Hawking a Christian?

Alate_One

No. I say so because I think it is.:dunce::duh:
Your opinion has no meaning. Given your lack of understanding of anything that's been discussed, I'd imagine you have no idea what evidence for evolution actually is anyway.

I thought the hydrogen was already there, and was part of the reason the big bang happened. Like all the rest of the gases.
Huh? no. You clearly don't understand the Big bang. During most of the the Big Bang there weren't even any atoms, there were only subatomic particles. It was too hot. Atoms didn't form until about 300,000 years after the big bang. Hydrogen is the simplest atom and thus was the first to form and remains the commonest element in the universe. The heavier elements are the result of ancient stars' fusion and later explosions as they ran out of fuel.

My question is where did the gases come from in the first place, moron.
I answered your "where does the sun's energy came from?" question, which you apparently can't follow. You're a waste of electrons. :p

And since when was Stephen Hawking a Christian?
Stephen Hawking did not originate the Big Bang theory. You really are clueless. Georges Lemaître Originated the theory though he called it "hypothesis of the primeval atom" it was called the big bang much later.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pharisees] "...[G]race...rises above the Law..."
You are a high-handed sinner. The grace of God and his good news is only good for those who receive Christ. It is very bad news for the rest.

We are free--to obey. If you love the Lord, you proclaim his agenda not your own (Jn 14:15).

"Who is the lawless, unclean, hypocrite? (Mt 23:27-28)] "Let God decide..."
"He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his truth (Ps 96:13)." You lack righteousness and truth. And you don't seem interested in either.

[Big Bang/naturalistic evolution] "Is history an "opinion"?"
Someone said "History is His-Story". He was there (Ge 1:1). I'll go with what he has to say. You believe man's next best guess--evolution. We believe in the Big Bang. :idunno: It just hasn't happened yet.

"Praise God that we are not meant solely for the natural world..."
We will be fitted with bodies fit for heaven or fit for hell (Geraci). You'd better get yourself a robe of righteousness (Job 29:14).

[Naturalists] "overestimate" the age of the universe?
“'By saying the universe looks old, you are trusting that dating methods can give us an apparent old age for the universe...' When people say the universe has “apparent age,” usually they are assuming, for whatever reason, that the universe “looks old.” I have often found that, unconsciously, such people have already accepted that the fallible dating methods of scientists can give great ages for the earth. So if they believe what the Scripture says about a young universe, they have to explain away this apparent great age.

Does the universe really look old, or have we simply been indoctrinated to believe it looks old? Would the Creator God of the Bible, who does not lie, really deceive us into thinking that the universe looks old—when according to the Bible’s account of history, He created it only about 6,000 years ago? What would a “young universe” look like, anyway?" Mature for her "Age", Answers in Genesis.

"[Y]ou are saying it is possible that God is a liar who uses the medium of the universe itself to create false assumptions in His creation?"
"God didn’t make Adam a baby—He made him an adult. And when He created the universe, He created it fully functional, with the appearance of age—even though it wasn’t old..." full text: Mature for her "Age" http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v3/n4/mature-age

"[P]roblematic literalism that keeps you in the dark ages."
What reason does the Bible give you to believe otherwise?

"[A]re you just cutting and pasting without comprehension..."
Remember, we spoke about those leftist ad hominem and poisoning the well tactics of yours that never helped your arguments. :hammer:

"...t must be true since it's from AiG?"
I know you can focus on issues rather than attempting to discredit Christians. :noway:

"How about it, Serpent:duh:?"
You reveal your unbelief (2 Chr. 36:16).

ThePhy

I would remind everyone that a little over a year ago Johnny and Reverend Enyart were disputing the evolution and entropy (thermodynamics) issue, and finally a formal one-on-one online debate was set up to permit them to have it out.

Concurrently with the debate a sideline thread was initiated to allow all the onlookers to discuss the debate. During that time a physicist named Dan Styer published a peer-reviewed paper on that exact subject, showing that entropy is not a problem for evolution at all. Somehow Dr. Styer was made aware of the in-progress debate, and he personally joined in the sideline discussion thread briefly.

Bottom line is there is no need to trade barbs like “I think”, “But you haven’t shown how”, “Yes I did”. The paper is out there and available, replete in the equations that are at the core of thermodynamics. Pick it up and prove it wrong.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Your opinion has no meaning. Given your lack of understanding of anything that's been discussed, I'd imagine you have no idea what evidence for evolution actually is anyway.
I'm not the one that looks out at the universe and thinks it was an accident.

Huh? no. You clearly don't understand the Big bang. During most of the the Big Bang there weren't even any atoms, there were only subatomic particles. It was too hot. Atoms didn't form until about 300,000 years after the big bang. Hydrogen is the simplest atom and thus was the first to form and remains the commonest element in the universe. The heavier elements are the result of ancient stars' fusion and later explosions as they ran out of fuel.
So what caused the big bang?

I answered your "where does the sun's energy came from?" question, which you apparently can't follow. You're a waste of electrons. :p
No. "Nuclear fusion," would have been an answer. You asked a question. Of course, even without phrasing it as a question Jukia's answer was better as it explained nuclear fusion.

Stephen Hawking did not originate the Big Bang theory. You really are clueless. Georges Lemaître Originated the theory though he called it "hypothesis of the primeval atom" it was called the big bang much later.
Then I was lied to.

ThePhy

I'm not the one that looks out at the universe and thinks it was an accident.
Is it normal for a creationist, when responding to a question about evolution, to not even pretend to address the question and instead make a comment about a completely different subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.